Best Concacaf Forward? Is it Suazo?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    In my opinion, I'd have to go with David Suazo. He's got 16 goals in the Italian Calcio. He's 5th overall in scoring (Tied with Gilardino of Italian National Team). And he's done all that playing in a team that has only scored 33 goals this whole campaign and deep in the fight for relegation (Cagliari)

Voice out your opinions.. I'm quite interested!

2. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Best Forward?

1. Borgetti
    2. Kikin
    3. Suazo
    4. Franco
    5. Mcbride
    6. Stern
    7. Bravo

3. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

borgetti barely plays in england?.. Italy has a better league than England..

And suazo scored today btw, which makes it 17 goals and 4th in scoring. 1-1 game that palermo tied in the 90th minute.

4. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A

shouldnt you be able to qualify to the world cup with that kind of forward your describing?

5. MANUdevils

MANUdevils Red Card

Apr 4, 2006

Let See George Best never went to the World Cup and hes considered a legend.

George Weah never to the World Cup and he was probably the best Africa player.

Borgetti has only played 5 games this season with Bolton

Kikin does not play in top flight football, he plays in Mexico

Mcbride only has 9 goals this season with Fulham

Stern plays in the Championship not premiership so hes not among the best

Franco has only scored 1 goal in 5 games this whole season with Villareal.

Omar bravo doesnt play in top flight football, he plays in Mexico.

In order to be the best forward they have to play in Europe in leagues such as Serie A, Premiership,La Liga, and Budensliga.

David Suazo 17 goals , the most goals scored by a CONCACAF player this year.

6. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

A one man team? i dont think those exist

7. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles

hmm, shame he couldnt lead his team to the hex against a bunch of guys that don't play "top flight football," moron.

8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    David Suazo - CONCACAF's best striker

He's got 17 goals so far this season with Cagliari in Italy's Serie A.

Any other contenders? At the moment I really can't think of anyone more worthy to claim the title.

9. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A

so are you saying david suazo is as good as george best? with all the description your giving about suazo and how you make the rest of the forwards look like shit since according to you they play in ************ leagues or etc. Then why can't he get honduras through CONCACAF is not like we are a strong federation and most of this players play in unproven leagues according to you. if he's as good as your claiming and it's part of concacaf he should be able to qualify them.

10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Re: David Suazo - CONCACAF's best striker

I totally agree with you 100% he is the best striker in the concacaf right now it is just a shame that Honduras did not qualify for the world cup since he is in his best moment right now.

11. MANUdevils

MANUdevils Red Card

Apr 4, 2006

One man teams dont exist and no im not saying Suazo is as good as George Best , all im saying is that you can stilll be legendary without going to the World Cup.

12. MANUdevils

MANUdevils Red Card

Apr 4, 2006

But for now you can say he is better than Totti and Adriano ;)

13. roro10

roro10 Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

what a dumbasss. carlos tevez "doesn't play in top flight football" and hes way better than suazo.

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

threads got merged....

15. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004

If Suazo hadn't been injured, Honduras would be going to Germany.

16. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A

if and would mean nothing. I dont think he's as good as your trying to make him look. if he does another 17 next season i'll give him some credit otherwise it was a lucky season.

17. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

How come all the people hating on this thread are mexicans???

hahahaaha.. you guys make yourself look ridiculous, seriously.

manU had a good point saying that some of the best forwards couldnt even get their teams to qualify.. he never said suazo was as good as best or weah, smart ones.

And suazo was injured throughout a big part of world cup qualifiers.. so why is that even brought up "why cant a forward like that qualify his team to the world cup" ..

seriously people like you guys degrade the game. you cant have the ideal concacaf team. your players cant always be the best. I bet if this thread would of read "best midfielder" you guys woulda named a mexican.. or even best defender which i personally think is Marquez. but whatever, shame on you guys. if suazo was mexican this thread would be a hands down 100% yes. he is the best, or at least thats what the results show so far :)

18. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

There's no such thing as a lucky season you idiot. just listen to the things you dumbasses say. it takes hard work. how come you can't get lucky like that??? shameful

19. MANUdevils

MANUdevils Red Card

Apr 4, 2006

Hes been Italy since 99" and he has 78 goals with Cagliari, hes among the clubs all -time scorers.

Yea i noticed everyone hating is just a bunch of disgruntled mexican not admiting that theres a better forward then any mexican forward. As i suspected someone would use another player from another Confederation to prove us wrong. Carlos Tevez is good but hes from Argentina and we are talking about forwards in the CONCACAF.

20. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

no he's not. you made it seem as you have to play in the top three leagues in Europe to be considered great. "top flight football." he just used a nonmexican playing outside the 3 leagues to prove that you don't have to play there to be great. there are great players playing in mexico. I would use mexicans but you'd call me biased. like Chelito

[​IMG]
    plays in Mexico. In my opinion great

[​IMG]
    and Cardozo played his best years in Mexico, who is better than Suazo

21. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

and who's currently the best forward in concacaf? lol

22. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A

that's just it, suazo is not among the best forwards. your saying all the mexican are trying to bring him down and i could say the same thing you hondurenos are trying to make him look better than he is. he is good, but not as good as you describe.

23. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

well yeah of course he's gonna be better than an injured player that isnt playing:D

as current statistc yeah it's better ,when it comes to numbers, than Adriano...but having them playing at their top level...Adriano it's easily a better player...

anyway Suazo may be the best forward in Concacaf right now...

24. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004

Fine, don't think that ... but my point was that you shouldn't criticize him for Honduras' slip-up in qualifying because he was out injured at the time.

25. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

how many here have mentioned a Mexican player being better than Suazo? the problem is some now saying he's better than Totti and Adriano just based on current statistics, when everyone knows that as players, Adriano and Totti are way beyond Suazo.

As always there isn't a decent way to rate players either way, they either suck or they are the best of all.