Best after a goal soccer celebrations

Discussion in 'Player' started by deniesgoals1, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I'm new on the site so I thought I wud put my two pence into this 'discussion'. Since most of you guys are probably American you may not know any of these but these celebrations were cool anyways:

1) Thierry Henry scoring against Blackburn for Arsenal and skidding from the edge of the box to the corner flag on his knees screaming 'woooooooooooooooo!'

2) Wayne Rooney running and then proceeding to punch the corner flag over

3) Alan Shearer's simple but effective one arm salute

4) Paul Gascoigne scoring for England against Scotland at Wembley (the infamous 'dentist's chair' at Euro 96')

Personally I just find that most of my team members have jumped on top of me by the time I have decided what I'm going to do so then it's back to the drawing board :cool:

2. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    I guess my leagues aren't competitive enough, because no one really celebrates a goal, even the winning one, unless they're a pompous jerk. :D Not saying that only jerks celebrate, but in general the most you'll get out of me or any other regular goal scorer is a quick semicircular jog with a fist raised in the air, and a jog back to midfield. I've never understood how the pros get all that enegery to SPRINT hard core after a goal.. save those legs, man!

However... my main coed team has a girl who gets an occasional goal every few weeks, and she has a celebration that involves the partial viewing of her thong underwear (instead of removing a shirt, she has pulled down her shorts a bit!), and you never hear anyone complaining about that one! :D I even make sure to put in an extra pass to her every now and then! ;)

3. hkeat

hkeat New Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Malaysia
    for me it would be this 3 moves:

- smith's trademark celebration. putting finger on lips to send a message out to the crowd.

- high five the guy who assisted me

- or if i score a screamer, i would surely try out the andy ven der meyde's celebration. kneeling down n pretend to shot into the sky. that would be a cool one...

if it's just a normal game, who even bothers celebrating....

4. giggstovieira

giggstovieira New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    indiana
    jog slowly back to my side of the field while doing that ronaldo finger-wave. pretty simple to do after scoring on a free-kick. but that's what i do. :cool:

5. giggstovieira

giggstovieira New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    indiana
    i saw a track sprinter, mo greene(my favorite non-soccer athletes)do the fire extishers after winning a race. cocky, but down right funny. made sportscenter top10 :cool: :D

6. becks1113

becks1113 New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    United States
    Folks........... What’s so wrong about celebrating a goal? The game is all about passion. If you’re betting a team 6-0 then the goals became less important. But if any of you folks play in a somewhat competitive league and tournaments. Then the game would mean something.

Anyways, one of my all time favorite celebrations is the Nigerian Train; it doesn't get better then that. Other famous ones that come to mind: Robbie Fowler's snorting the goal line, Roger Miller's tango dance, and Jimmy Floyd Hasslebink’s Running Man dance, and who can forget the ‘Superman” dive.

Some other celebrations that my friends and I have come up with are:

1. Using the corner flag as a machine gun and shooting my teammates and watch them fall to the ground.

2. When someone scored a goal we would run to the corner flag and use the poll as a limbo stick. Whoever scored the goal would limbo under it

3. When doing the shoeshine, have someone come over and act like they are taking pictures of the glorious boot.

4. You could also pretend that you are taking a team picture.

5. Take off your shirt put it on your head like you are wearing a Indian head dress, and do a rain dance around flag pole.

Just some ideas to have fun with people, if you earn yourself a yellow don’t blame me.

:D

7. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Hell, have your teammates walk toward you with their arms outstretched like zombies, and mercilessly hack them down with the corner flag while you're at it! :D

8. becks1113

becks1113 New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    United States

That would be awesome.... I am going to hack away this weekend at my game..... :D

9. deniesgoals1

deniesgoals1 New Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Oregon, USA
    Hey thanks for all the replys and veiws(over 1,500) so many gooo and creative ideas
    later