Berhalter's Dilemma: Loyalty or Success?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by adam tash, Jul 8, 2019.

?

What will Gregg Berhalter prioritize in future rosters?

1. Loyalty

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Performance

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Yes, I'm aware the last slot has to play an intercontinental playoff. But first, it must play a CONCACAF playoff now against the tourney winner of the teams that didn't make the hex.

So yes, the 4th place team does have worse chances than before. It now has **two** elimination games to win instead of the **one.**

That would have been clear if you weren't trying so pathetically hard to be condescending.

deejay and EruditeHobo repped this.
  2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be clear if you didn't try so pathetically hard to write in rich measure of confusion and condescension. Your writing showed no recall of having to play an intercontinental playoff. Now you discover it does. Congratulations. The match you refer to is to see who represents Concacaf in that playoff slot as the 4th ranked team in the competition. Nothing more.
    And in that light, it is a pathetic sop to the many teams who get jobbed by this new system wherein the "3%" are anointed the Hex, and the rest are offered byzantine paths whose justification is that for those stuck in them the probability of success is not exactly zero.

But then, Gogorath, it is your duty to mewl the wonders of your patrons in Chicago House.

4. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bam.....

5. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So... you recognize that he was right and you were wrong, right? That always gets lost in the sauce around here, just clarifying.

superdave and gogorath repped this.
  6. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019

This is just an amazing level of dumb. I am correct, but you don't think I knew that? LOL.

Thank God for the ignore function; I am fairly certain you have nothing to add to anything at this point.

EruditeHobo repped this.