Benfica tv on dish network

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by SLBCarlos, May 6, 2010.

1. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Today is July 1st....I havent seen anything about BenficaTV yet on dishnetwork.....

2. Benfiquista93274

Benfiquista93274 New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Tulare, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one who rolled out of the rack first thing this morning, and before even starting my pot of coffee, checked my program guide for Benfica TV! Can't wait...

3. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    I've been checking all month on the dishnetwork website looking for an announcement!

4. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    SLB TV was uplinked yesterday by Dish for beta testing maybe 1 or 2 week from now it will be live to the regular subs.

5. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i heard that BENFICA TV it was only starting in SEPTEMBER.
    and yesterday on 24HORAS AMERICA(the new newspaper) they said that SPORTTV is comming to NORTH AMERICA, in the U.S via DISH NETWORK. they are just waiting for the aproval of the ERC to launch the internacional channel called SPORTTV AMERICAS and is going to start in august in the start of the portuguese liga season. if so the games no longer will be on spt/sic internacional. and just on SPORTTV.
    i wonder what else they gonna broadcast in there?? they have the rights to basically all the sports in the world(england, french, italy, spanish, german league games, nba, nfl, nhl,Champions League, formula 1, etc... etc....) to portugal i wonder if they can broadcast them in the U.S. in portuguese.(that would be awesome)

the good thing is that even if they only have portuguese liga games, there will be alot of repeats during the week etc..... so like that if can't watch the game live due to work etc... we'll be able to watch it, when we get home etc.... etc........

BENFICA TV. and now SPORTTV that's awesome.

DISH NETWORK RULEZ lol

http://24horasnewspaper.com/user/mo...uaHRtJTNGbm9kZUlkJTNEMjgxODE2OQ==&edicao=3495

6. moralis

moralis Member

Nov 30, 2006
  7. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    All I heard is the Big 3 games between each other will not be PPV anymore and people at home can watch again in the US.

8. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica TV starting tomorrow at 5PM on dish network channel 739. Free for the people that have the LUSO pack. And 9.99 for the people that don't.

9. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    SLB TV is live now channel 739 on 118.7 sat on Dish

10. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Really? I'm not able to access it. There's no channel 739 in my listings.

11. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    You are missing the sat dish that points to 118.7

12. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yea, I don't have that dish either. I believe I have 119, 110, and 61.5.

13. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Yup. Just finished talking to Dish, they want $100 to upgrade my dish, plus a $15 installation fee. I just got Dish a few months ago too.

14. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    its working for me. channel 739 on dish network.

15. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006

Don't worry they will be putting up the channel on 61.5 once the new sat is done testing in a few weeks

16. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Are you sure about that? Was speaking a tech support agent the other day, and they said that the company's plan is move ALL international channels over to the 118 slot.

By the way, whats the deal with the Benfica tv channel, will they be showing the games live here in the states, or will the channels just be re-run games and other content?

17. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    they have live friendly benfica games like saturday's (presentation)game vs MONACO and the EUSEBIO CUP's game vs tottenhan. then they have repeats of games they play in all competetions. which is good for us living here in the states because alot of the times the games they play during the week are early and we can't see them because of work. but now we will be able to see the game with the benfica channel.
    also they have live games of FUTSAL, HOCKEY, BASKET, HANDBALL, JUNIORS(BENFICA'S YOUTH) and the TRAINNING SESSIONS. which is great to see how they do in practice. etc..... etc....
    then they have news, talk shows, game shows, interviews with players, comedy etc..... etc..... and i heard they are trying to get all of the games that RTP owns. so like that they can show some of the classic games.

18. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    118 is westrern arc 61.5 is eastern arc

19. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah im aware of that. but from what ive been told by a dish network tech agent, the company will be switching all their internationals to the 118 slot, meaning that they will no longer be available on 61.5, at least thats what he said was the company's plan. so who knows.

20. moralis

moralis Member

Nov 30, 2006
  21. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica TV to Debut Nationwide Exclusively On DISH Network
    26 July 2010
    Entertainment
    No Comment
    Print This Post
    Email This Post
    Philin MojicaEnglewood, Colo. – DISH Network L.L.C., the leader in international programming, today announced the launch of Benfica TV, a top-rated Portuguese sports channel. The channel is available exclusively in the U.S. to DISH Network customers.

Benfica TV is a news, entertainment and sports channel primarily targeting Portuguese-American communities. The channel represents the most popular sports clubs from Portugal, featuring not only the main soccer team, Benfica, but also other sports including hockey, basketball and indoor soccer. Benfica TV also includes talk, history, variety and gossip shows, as well as live interviews – all about the Benfica Sports Club.

“With the addition of Benfica TV, we continue to assert ourselves as the pay-TV leader in international programming with the most options – including the most exclusive international content – available at the best value for our international customers,” said Chris Kuelling, vice president of International Programming for DISH Network.

“Benfica TV is proud to bring the universal sporting traditions of the Benfica club to new and existing fans and customers,” said Luis Filipe Vieira, President of Benfica. “We are excited to partner with DISH Network and bring this great channel into the U.S.”

Benfica TV, located on DISH Network Ch. 739 will be available to DISH Network customers a la carte for $9.99 or for $24.99 per month as part of the Luso Pack, which also includes RPTi, SIC International, SIC Noticias and EuroNews.

About DISH Network
    DISH Network L.L.C., the nation’s leader in international programming, provides more than 185 ethnic channels in 28 languages – more than any other pay-TV provider. DISH Network customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the ViP® 722 HD DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine “Editors’ Choice.” To learn more about DISH Network’s international programming or to order Benfica TV, call 1-888-289-4761 or visit www.dishnetwork.com/Portuguese.

23. simao20

simao20 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Does anyone have any information as to why they pulled Benficatv?

24. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I believe because Benficatv doesnt have the rights here in the U.S. to show games.

25. gmb1

gmb1 Member

Jun 17, 2006
    california
    Is dish network gonna have benfica premium? Cause that's the only way to watch there home games