Alert: Belgium vs. the Netherlands on August the 15th 2012.

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Aug 6, 2012.

?

What will be the final outcome of the game between both national teams?

1. Belgium will win this one and they will do it in a stunning way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Belgium will win this one, but after a tough fight.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. This will be an exciting draw.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. This will be a boring draw.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Netherlands will win this game, but it didn't came easy.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. Netherlands will win this game by blowing Belgium out of the water.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's such a load of shit that Anita gets no playing time or even callups to Oranje, and Ajax is about to lose him to ********ing Newcastle because of it. If he got some recognition he might have set his standards a bit higher than Newcastle

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is exactly my own frustration too. Both Dutch NT and the fact players like him are moving to Newcastle, rather than aiming for a CL club in EPL/La Liga. Plus that a tool like Tiote is possibly more liked as a pure destroyer at the club than Anita who unlocks the possibility for real football for a team and fans not valuing that, like people here on the Dutch forum do and Netherlands in general.

I also don't understand how Maher is getting in the team at the cost of these 2 players. If Maher is put in something that even resembles DM, it will start unleashing all kinds of sh*t from this side of the internet. Maher was totally bleak against Ajax in the weekend and he too could have helped against Italy U21. I like Maher, but he gets borderline beneficial treatment.

3. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Stekelenburg; Van Rhijn, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Willems; De Jong; Sneijder (c), Van der Vaart; Narsingh, Huntelaar, Robben

Sneijder captain, nice! It really is a shame about Anita, but Ajax academy still in full effect with 7 players in the starting line-up.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Which I predicted five minutes after the Van Gaal appointment was announced. At least we can't accuse him of not being predictable.

So it's back to Van Basten's 4-3-3 then with an attacking central midfielder. I fear the result with be the same too. A huge big gap between our defence and attack because our defensive duo doesn't have the speed, the balls or the creativity to play with space behind them.

For an attacking, classic Dutch 4-3-3 the squad again makes no sense. No classic winger called up apart from Narsingh, so it'll be Van der Vaart, Sneijder and Robben all playing football in about 20 square metres of space. At the same time five strikers are called up.

I hope to god that this won't be our qualifying squad as we will struggle big time.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    By the way, I already pity Huntelaar as Narsingh pretty much is the only player who'll likely give him any service and that's too bloody much to ask from a young player who's making his debut as a starter.

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    But you forgot the best part about that line-up. Robben plays on the left. Sneijder will provide the forwards with plenty of assist, trust.

JC-14 repped this.
  7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Robben always cuts inside even when he plays on the left these days. That part of the pitch will be overcrowded with three selfish, big egos all eager to make an impact. This seriously is one of the most unbalanced Dutch starting line-ups I have seen in a very long time. If Van Gaal is really clever he'll have done this on purpose, to show The People that what they demand from the Dutch national team simply does not work. Again I feel sorry for the striker. Regardless who's put in the penalty box he'll struggle with this system. It reminds me of Van Nistelrooy in the Van Basten Holland side. Even he was miserable and he was twice the player Huntelaar will ever be.

8. runnerup

runnerup Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I doubt it's the formation that makes the difference, between Van Marwijk and Van Gaal and between zero points and WC semi final which is the goal.
    Making Sneijder captain in stead of Bommel, no Van der Wiel, it might have happened with BVM.
    Huntelaar at striker happened before, only not at the big tournaments.
    Not playing Sneijder together with RVP, and not playing RVP (and Afellay) alltogether, is something new.
    With Sneijder and VDV together it will be key how the team defends. Heitinga + Mathijssen might not be the right option to get into a flow, and in the second half VDV is off (for Maher). A false start is dooming.
    Strange thing: today's news of the line up gave me some positive vibe... First positive thing about Van Gaal. Worrying too, since I don't want to be positive about or by "I Louis, the best of Rio".

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Two formations could not be more different than Van Marwijk's Holland and Van Gaal's Holland. It is tactically different in every single way I can even think of.

10. runnerup

runnerup Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Of course the formations differ. But my point is that it might not be about formations. Van Marwijk would have failed with this other formation, since the team didn't function any more. I hope LVG will wake up the team. So benching RVP might be more important than changing formation. Perhaps more measures are needed. According to rumours after the Euros, nobody wanted to play with Huntelaar any more. Now he's the nr 1 striker.

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Dutch football is ALL about formations and tactics. That's the starting point.

I personally couldn't care less about who plays as a striker. It makes very little difference in my book, like I said even Van Nistelrooy struggled in the same system Van Gaal adheres to now. What matters is where the service for the striker will be coming from. And I can't see it in this starting line-up, unless Narsingh has a blinder of a game.

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good formation!

13. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Lets not forget that Louis doesnt just put the players in the positions, but he tells them exactly what he wants them to do too. I suspect Robben cutting inside alot less tbh.
    Im mostly excited how the youngsters will do when they come on. Especially hoping that the deVrij+Viergever combo have chemestry at this level, and ofcourse that Narsingh is good enough to become a starter for 2014, if not we will atleast always have Kuyt.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Hahaaa I knew you'd think that. So if they're crap tomorrow night, I'm very much looking forward to your analysis.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hear Gregory boned Vlaars wife.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Everyone take a deep breath and repeat after me, "...this is only a friendly, this is only a friendly, this is only a friendly....I've been Bondscoach for just a month now, I've been Bondscoach for just a month now...." There, now don't you all feel better?

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And since neither has been called up, how is this relevant?

18. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really why Mathijsen and Huntelaar? I guess RVP is not in due to lack of training but Mathijsen was so God awful what does Van Gaal think here?

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Mathijsen was mediocre during the Euro and made a mistake against Germany that was put on the plate of Willems. The worst players in defense though were VDW and Heitinga. Stek also stood with his legs wide in the short corner against Denmark. I don't think we can single out 1 defender. They were all horrible, but some even more than Mathijsen.

-----------------

I am happy that van Gaal makes choices. I do think Ola John and Huntelaar is the same as Afellay and RVP. They have never played together, but that has to be a golden combination. However it's more important that U21 qualifies than learning your weapons going into a qualification campaign for WC 2014 :rolleyes:. If van Gaal already knew he would play Hunter (and he knew), there is no excuse possible to not do everything in your power to get Ola John on board. I understand Pot wants the de Jong and Ola John combination for his team, but Pot has to realize that as long he himself is coaching U21 all players will be dumber after being a week with him on the international brake. It doesn't matter what for kind of results he gets, the main goal of improving and preparing the players for the senior NT is out of the window with him.

Nigel is a good passer of the ball, is good at patrolling an area, but in applying forward pressure I rate Clasie and Anita higher. With VDV and Sneijder that is needed. I see a problem in that department.

Van Buyten is in after Kompany is injured and that guy is really tall. With this set up van Gaal counts on crosses to the Hunter, but maybe you play into Belgium's strength this way.

I am curious if Heitinga can deliver a strong game. I hope van Rhijn and Willems are properly tested.

20. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I certainly agree that entire Oranje backline was poor, but Heitinga is better and more athletic then Mathijsen who has no pace.

21. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Our best player vs Dortmund. Looks good.

vagegast repped this.
  22. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The youngsters will get their chance in the 2nd half, but you think they are strong enough to start against Romania and Turkey?

23. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ofcourse they are.

Not all in 1 Go.

I donno if DVB will start for Belgium. He is 34,came off a major injury and not that good & very slow. But he is a brilliant header of the ball. I doubt any ST can beat him 1 on 1 aerially.

Slow ST vs Slow Old CB,haha a bit boring I guess.

Still very elated that no RVP will be there. Absolute Rubbish ST because he created a 4-6-0 formation by always dropping Way too deep.

24. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    My guess is that LvG is making transition in the entire back 4 slowly. He can't just field in the newcomers into the hot coals all at once. It's not only dangerous for the stability of the entire team, but also destructive for the youngsters' careers.

Start with the full back-- Willems, van Rhijn, and BMI will hopefully get nice looks. Then, phase out Mathijsen next. Viergiever and SdV will have to fight it off. Unless Heitinga has a huge turn-around, I don't think he will be in for the long term. He's pretty much a finished product, and he's been very mediocre, at best, for Oranje. LvG will soon have Douglas at his disposal, and maybe there are two or three other 'surprise' contenders (i.e. Bruma, Gouweeleeuw, Rekik, etc.)

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    That's the impression I get from Van Gaal too, that he doesn't want to storm in and upset everyone straight away. I hope to god he'll rejuvenate more though. Van der Vaart is past it too as far as I'm concerned. We've got plenty of new and exciting midfield options.