BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What are you using to get it to work? Google chrome browser on your phone or something else?

2. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Actually, the consensus is the tennis community is that they are doing a great job because they show the matches without breaking to do dumb personal profiles or cut out while the match is taking place.

Besides, there can never be enough tennis on tv. Lol
    The early rounds could definitely use more coverage. BeIn can show WTA on the weekdays as it's first run live programming.

If BeIN got F1, then they would need 3 more channels. With the WTA, motorcycle racing and football, they are jam packed on weekends as it is.

BeIN is a sports network, not a football network. I'm glad that's the case because I follow the sports they cover. I'm sure if you don't follow them then it's different.

Sure they can improve, especially when it comes to the TV guide and scheduling better, but on the totality they are a great network.

Football is covered by a million networks in the USA.

Also, Bein delaying a serie A mid table match to show live MotoGP or the final of the ATP Dubai tournament is the way to go because those events are more prestigious in my opinion.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well this logic only holds when the events that BeIN swallow up are not already shown on another easily available channel. Sometimes that's indeed the case, and sometimes it isn't.

4. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I use an Android tablet to do so and chromecast directly from the app, which supports it.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Thanks. Which app, just so I'm clear. I'm not able to get it to work using the Google chrome browser on my phone, which is connected to chromecast.

Hopefully I can get something to work before the ACN final which BeIn might not even show live since it takes place at the same time as a Real Madrid match. :unsure:

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Didn't want to open a new thread just to ask this: does anyone know what channel, if any, will broadcast the China Cup? @socceraction

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I use the older BeIn sports app, as the new connect app always give a "too many devices signed in" message.

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BeIN Sports couldn't spell an announcer's name at the beginning of Manchester United vs. Hull City. They displayed "John Champion" on the screen, but his first name is Jon.

10. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    They can misspell Jon Champion's name all they want as long as they use the feed with his broadcast rather than have Schoen and Hudson bigfoot the game.

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are Copa del Rey games this midweek. What games if any are Schoen and Hudson broadcasting?

12. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    You can pretty much count on them doing at least one if not both of the Real Madrid & Barca matches. And if they're not doing one of them, you'll get Cordero & Bonetti. Pick your poison.

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barcelona wasn't broadcasted by Hudson, Schoen, Cordero, or Bonetti.
    BeIN Sports says they're "the fastest growing cable network in the US." Does anybody have evidence for or against that claim.

14. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Small miracle. Maybe they're resting their golden throats for the African Cup of Nations.

Cantona repped this.
  15. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

EvanJ repped this.
  16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    #191 BocaFan, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Still showing Madrid and Barca on both TV channels even with ACN going on. I wonder if they're going to show the ACN final on TV or just toss it to BeIN4(?)

There's also a chance that an ACN semifinal will conflict with the next el clasico.

EvanJ repped this.
  17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sevilla and Real Madrid are the top two clubs. I wonder when the last time the top two clubs played each other in January or later of a season and a club other than Barcelona, Real Madrid, or Atletico Madrid was in the top two. Sevilla vs. Real Madrid will be at 2:45 P.M., following the bottom two clubs, Granada and Osasuna, playing at 12:30 P.M. Granada and Osasuna have only 1 win each. Out of the six top leagues in England, Italy, Germany, Russia, Portugal, and France, Pescara in Serie A is the only club with 1 win. None of those leagues have a winless club. Sevilla vs. Real Madrid at 2:45 P.M. will avoid conflicting with Manchester United vs. Liverpool at 11:00 A.M.

18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios thinks BeIN Sports is showing tennis, but they're showing a replay of Leeds United vs. Derby County.

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Once again I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this. Do we know who will broadcast the CONMEBOL U20 WCQ tourney? @socceraction Thank you in advance for any info.

20. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    No sign of the tournament on US TV. Definitely not on beIN who would be the 1st choice. Not on Univision either. There is a glimmer of hope in the fact that TyCSports owns the rights in Argentina. It usually doesn't translate to the US service getting it but there is a small chance.

A few choices for IPTV owners as here are the channels my service has and will be showing the tournament: SporTV and RedeRecord in Brazil; Canal 13 & CDF in Chile; CaracolTV in Colombia.

Here is the schedule of matches (Ecuador is in same time zone as New York at the moment): http://conmebol.com/es/modificacion-de-sede-y-programa-de-partidos-del-sudamericano-sub-20

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You don't see Fox or ESPN Deportes picking up the rights? The former did so in 2007 and the latter in 2011.

22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither Fox Deportes nor ESPN Deportes has it scheduled.

23. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    BeIÑ had the CONMEBOL tournament mostly in full minus 5 matches in 2015.

Did anyone watch Tunisia-Senegal CAN on BeIN today? My image started breaking up really bad around minute 60 and continued up to minute 77 (green lines across the screen, digital ghosts and tracers). I watched a recording on my DVR so I'm trying to figure out if the problem was on BeIN's end, if it was my recording, or if something screwy happened with my dish. Weather was not an issue but the image looked like it does during snowstorms or heavy rainstorms in terms of pixilation and fragmenting. Anyway, if anyone watched this and can let me know, I'd appreciate it.

24. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Anyone else having crazy volume fluctuations on commercial volumes on English channel on something other than Directv? Man oh man

25. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Just finishing last weekend catch up here. Does anyone know if they showed Valencia-Espanyol at all? Started watching but it was Sevilla-Real replay.

Also, their technical difficulties are just becoming ludicrous. In Roma-Udinese they had them 3 seconds before a penalty kick was taken. Typical bush league production. I don't remember ever seeing them during PL on NBCSN or bundesliga on Fox.