BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    When you go to download the app from the Google Play store, it tells you all the stuff you can watch, including stuff I didn't know they had, like NCAA Basketball and Baseball. Here's the full list:

Soccer
    - LaLiga
    - Real Madrid TV
    - Serie A
    - Ligue1
    - LaLiga 2
    - CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying
    - CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying
    - CAF World Cup Qualifying
    - Football League Championship
    - Copa del rey
    - Coupe de la Ligue
    - Coupe de France
    - Copa do Brasil

NCAA
    - Football
    - Basketball
    - Baseball

Motorsports
    - MotoAmerica
    - MotoGP
    - WorldSBK
    - FIA World Rallycross Championship

Rugby
    - Six Nations
    - Aviva Premiership
    - Guinness Pro 12

Other
    - IAAF Diamond League
    - EHF Champions League
    - ATP & WTA Tennis
    - MMA Hard Knocks
    - Royal Ascot

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Chromecast is a good option to look into.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They have the rights to select Conference USA content.

4. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If its the same as BeIN Connect on PC, they also have some CUSA volleyball. Tomorrow night they have MTSU v Rice, IIRC.

5. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I already have three Rokus. Adding a Chromecast would be redundant. Plus, I can screen mirror my phone through the Rokus, so it's pretty much the same thing as Chromecast.

6. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My android device is not compatible with the app. Did they make it incompatible with older models or do they require a cellular data provider (device is a WiFi tablet)?

7. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If they expected those crappy College Football games from a crappy Conference to bring in more numbers they were idiots for thinking that initially.

9. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It's a crappy conference but still pings a lot of markets in the US that otherwise might not carry beIN.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #110 HomietheClown, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    That I agree with. But numbers for horrible teams are not that good during evening time slots because everyone is watching the College Football Game of the week on ABC , FOX, NBC, ESPN, etc.

11. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That's more the symptom than the disease. beIN has comically low ratings primarily because they have tiny carriage. It's kind of crazy they even allow Nielsen to rate them before they significantly add households. They had been on the up, but this latest month was a setback.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Kind of sums up their rights/coverage of every sport from tennis to rugby to motorsport. Soccer is the only exception, I'd say. Maybe they should just focus on the one sport where they cover some of the top leagues(?).

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So take a week where leagues play on the weekend and there are midweek cup games (EFL Cup, Copa dey Rey, Coppa Italia, etc.) and make a sample schedule for BeIN Sports that only includes soccer they have the rights to. I'll make rules:

1. The games don't all have to be from Europe. You can put NASL games or Conference USA soccer games in also.

2. BeIN Sports has paid advertisements from 3:30 A.M. to 6:00 A.M., so you're allowed to include paid advertisements but only during those times.

3. Some League Championship games are televised in England. You can show up to two League Championship games.

4. Let's say that the most popular clubs BeIN Sports has the rights to were all playing at different times on the weekend, so you can assume that Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Atletico Madrid are not playing each other and that none of them are playing at the same time as Juventus or Paris Saint-Germain. With midweek games there will be more overlap between top teams. Let's say that none of the most popular teams are playing each other and that you can show two live cup games each on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The EFL Cup only plays on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so you can't show a live EFL Cup game on Thursday. To make it simple, assume that you have eight games per cup competition to choose from, but obviously most of those games would not get many viewers. Also assume that none of the games go to extra time.

5. You can have as many full or partial replays as you want.

6. You can show shows made by BeIN Sports such as The Express as much as you want.

7. You can show The Serie A Show, La Liga World, and English Football League Championship Highlights as much as you want, but assume there is only one new 30 minute episode of each of those that week.

8. For any game or show, specify if it is live, delayed and being shown for the first time, or replayed. You can say L for live, D for delayed, and R for replayed. A game cannot be live and delayed on the same channel.

9. You are allowed to show games joined in progress and show or not show the entire game delayed. You can say J for joined in progress. If you are showing a game delayed that had part of it shown live, you can say D-FCT for delayed- first complete time.

10. Assume that you will not have any new national team games to show, but you could replay World Cup Qualifiers if you wanted to.

11. You can make separate schedules for the English channel and the Spanish channel if you want, but it's okay if you only make a schedule for the English channel.

I think it would make sense if you went from Friday to Thursday because some leagues have a Friday game before the weekend and midweek cup games end on Thursdays.

I quoted BocaFan, but anybody can make a sample soccer-only BeIN Sports schedule, not just BocaFan.

14. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Not sure if its Hurricane Matthew we should thank, but at least the first two CONMEBOL qualifiers on beIN-1 are using the Int'l commentary audio.... ;)

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

QPR Kevin H and Cantona repped this.
  15. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Yeah, I was surprised by that and was enjoying the run until there was the start of intl commentary on Paraguay-Colombia only to switch to some new freelancer who has the flattest voice going. And he just seems interested in reading stats and data from a media sheet. Sounds like the guys Fox liked to hire for awhile. I don't know why they couldn't just continue with the feed.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And during one of the most important parts of the match he got the player's name wrong initially. :p

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I guess BeIN is so consistently bad nobody on here even complains any more when they don't show Napoli v Roma either live or even same-day delay. :coffee:

(And, yes, I went to their website and after scrolling down 5 pages due to everything being in size 76 font, I noticed that they are showing it on BeIN4 streaming channel)

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    With Chromecast compatibility and their apps it is difficult for me to complain about something like that.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, but there isn't a full overlap between this and the Barca match.
    It just seems wasteful to show filler material in the 80 minutes prior to the Barca match (including a Serie A show! lol) when there's a big derby in Serie A taking place. Are Serie A ratings so low that even filler material does better? Couldn't they at least show the first 75 minutes of the Roma - Napoli broadcast on the English BeIN channel and direct people to their streaming channel if they want to see the final 30 minutes of that match?

It might even lead to more people watching the Barca match.

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atletico Madrid is on beINSport-ñ while beINSport shows two clubs that aren't near the top of League Championship in Aston Villa vs. Wolverhampton. In addition, Atletico Madrid will be delayed in English but not until Monday at 10:00 A.M.

Barcelona is a big favorite in the odds for today's game, but if they don't win they could end the weekend in sixth!

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for the spoilers!

(Joking)
    :D

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No Ligue Un this weekend on Beinconnect? :(

23. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Practically, only 4 european games on two bein channels today. A lot of people unhappy I presume.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Most people just care about Real and Barca.

25. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As long as they show Inter I'm happy on Bein Sports or their connect channels. Other than that I could careless what is on. I do love the Serie A show and Total Italian Football shows and hate when they aren't shown.