BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Today would be a good day for beIN to allow users to watch more than one match at a time on Connect.

2. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    After watching CONNECT successfully (for the most part) since its introduction, I have encountered a problem that prevents me from watching. After passing validation, I get a message that says to watch the content I have to install Silverlight. Problem is that Silverlight is already installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight to no avail. I have tried this on two laptops and get the same results. Both computers are Windows running Firefox.

3. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Try Internet Explorer (not Edge). I use IE 11 for Connect. If at first you don't succeed, try a different channel. (I usually get a "display mixed content" pop-up) If that doesn't succeed, refresh the page.

JayRockers! repped this.
  4. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Thanks....I was successful in downloading IE on one of my computers (the other just gives me a blank web page where I cannot enter an address, or anything for that matter).

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I'm getting "Sorry an error just occurred, please refresh your browser" messages and an invalid security certificate today on the desktop.

Thx,

Jay!

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus plays at 2:45 P.M. today and isn't on TV because Barcelona is playing then. There are 90 in 30s first, but Juventus's whole game won't be shown until Monday at Noon.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beIN is showing only one live Serie A game this weekend, on Sunday at 9am.

8. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    BeIN Connect at it again, there's no audio whatsoever (not even crowd noise) on Sheffield Wednesday-Newcastle.

JayRockers! repped this.
  9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be the second consecutive weekend of that. Serie A is playing all their games on Saturday, starting with Inter Milan hosting the Milan derby at 6:30 A.M. None of the 9:00 A.M. games are on because Real Madrid plays at 10:15 A.M. Pescara vs. Juventus will be on 90 in 30 at 6:00 P.M. on Saturday and in full at 12:25 P.M. on Sunday.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't get a following if they keep with that schedule. I know a couple people that keep asking me when will Serie A games be on, beIN does a terrible job promoting the league and games. I'd rather have the league give the rights away for free and get certain guarantees every week to see them build a following then get a few million to have the league relegated to online games.

11. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  12. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I just got this message today. Previously beIN was running Flash. Is this a new migration for them? This means I have to bring my personal computer to work on Saturdays to watch the Championship games now.

Thx,

Jay!

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I've previously been unable to use it with Chrome, but the messages prior to this made me curious. Even after unblocking Flash, I received the following message.

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I just tried this and got the same results.

15. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I have only ever gotten Connect to work on one device, and that's my iPad. It has failed to work on my iPhone and Note 4, and in Chrome, Firefox, and IE browsers. I really don't believe they do any QA checks on anything to determine if stuff works or not, and I really don't think they actually care whether stuff works or not.

16. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It may be there's an upgrade to silver light that BeIN recognizes but your computer hasn't gotten yet. I think it said my work computer was running an old version. I punted before delving further.

Thx,

Jay!

17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The app has worked for me on my phone in the past. On laptops/tablets, I have only had success with IE in the past. I may try with other browsers again. I know it wouldn't work in Edge in the past.

18. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Swear this is the only network that regularly loses the game feed for a few seconds and shows prematch crowd shots. Do they have a poor satellite receiver or something?

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: the above about Silverlight, my brother has the same issue on his laptop when we were trying to watch WCQ 2 weeks ago. The issue did not occur on my laptop, fwiw.

20. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Looks like on 4/12 there was a Silverlight update. I guess if you don't get them installed, beIN starts having "issues". My work computer eventually allowed me to choose to "one time" ignore updating Silverlight and use the old version. My home laptop updated itself before today, where it's working fine. Maybe some browsers/computers/networks (depending on who has admin privileges) won't allow the workaround.

Thx,

Jay!

21. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I don't like bein at all, but I must admit when they actually listen. Today, I was watching Nice/Nancy and 4 minutes into the game, the French audio starts overlapping with the English audio. This happens all the time, and I know it's an error on their end. I sent them a message on Twitter, and they fixed it 2 minutes after I sent the tweet. 2 minutes later, it happened again. I know that this is setting that they control since they responded by fixing the problem. This time I took video of it happening, and I sent this tweet

853270648348712960 is not a valid tweet id

This time it was fixed 30 seconds after I sent the tweet and it never happened again. They are listening if you're having technical issues. They make a LOT of mistakes, especially on Connect, so it's important to let them know. I didn't want to have to call them out, but it was necessary in this case. When I worked in TV, we were supposed to take pride in our broadcast and all we were doing was simulcasting horse racing, but we took it seriously because you don't want to alienate the few viewers you have. If you're going to complain about scheduling, they'll ignore you, but if you are having legitimate problems, they will listen to you.

EvanJ repped this.
  22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two of the best clubs will not be on live in English. Atletico Madrid plays Saturday at 2:45 on beIn's Spanish channel. It's not on in English until Monday at 10:00 A.M. Sunday at 12:00 A.M., beIn Sports is replaying Paris Saint-Germain that will be on live 13 hours earlier rather than showing a new game. The English channel will show Fiorentina vs. Inter Milan which will be at the same time as Atletico Madrid plays.

Juventus plays Sunday at 2:45 P.M. at the same time as El Clasico. It will be shown for the first time on Monday at 12:00 P.M.

23. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    beIN has chosen to prefer English Championship and Itaian League on their "English" channel (except for preference for Real Madrid and Bearcelona matches), while La Liga matches go on the " Spanish" channel. Thiis weekends's schedule adheres to those preferences.

However, among the two TV channels and Connect, bein makes all major matchs available live and in English. Both TV channels have SAP available, and La Liga matches are available with English audio on the Spanish channel.

Evan, I believe you have FIOS, and they have made the SAP to this channel hidden unless you realize that you have to turn "Audio Selection" on (their default is off, for no reason I can think of). To get there, go through the menu as follows:

Menu button>Settings>Audio & Video> Audio>Audio Selection>OK
    Change the slection to Enable (checkmark)

Now, when you go to channel 1538 (bein Espanol), and use the PIP button (bottom center on your remote) to switch from Audio1 to Audio 2 by pressing twice. Audio 2 will have English audio for most matches (not for things like talk shows). If you switch channels, you have to change the audio each time you return.

In the case of Juventus, they are a victim of the Real/Barca rule, but can be watched live and in English on bein Connect 3.

beInSchwartz repped this.
  24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I typed that up when you told me that before. Many things I comment about are things I don't watch. Is it possible to set a DVR to use SAP to record a Spanish channel in English? Even if you agree with they show live, I think Atletico Madrid should be showed for the first time in English and Juventus should be shown for the first time in either language earlier than they will be shown. Paris-Saint Germain should not be on in English twice before Atletico Madrid is shown once. Atletico Madrid and Juventus have a chance at playing for the Champions League title.

25. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    When you record a match, you can change the SAP during playback. Your DVR is recording both channels of audio. I do this all the time if there's a match I want to watch that's available first on the Spanish channel.

EvanJ repped this.