BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again - there's no need for the same match to be playing on both English and Spanish channels. Both have access to both languages.

2. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    The issue is that there are still some major carriers that only offer the English version of the channel on their sports tier.

I have very little issue with beIN since their app is now reliable, their schedule is reliable, and chromecast works. Only lingering bugaboo is their poor commentators. Hudson and Schoen should not be your premiere duo.

3. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    What providers offer the SAP english option on the Spanish Bein channel? Is Directv in minority or majority in not offering this? Not sure why Directv isn't offering it, can't be any sort of major increase in bandwith, and the cost for Bein to pay for that(if thats how it works) can't be that high with all the cash they throw around.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have not tested it recently but I was able to get Alternate audio in English on BEIN Espanol last year on Dish Network.

I don't have a 100% correct answer to your Direct TV question but I cynically speculate they want subscribers to add on the Sports package for the English broadcast of shows so they can make more money.

5. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Verizon FIOS has SAP for the beIN Spanish network....you do have to press a button on the remote after tuning un the station though

6. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Comcast has it also

7. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    On Fios, it works both ways. When watching the English channel, you can get Spanish audio. It's perfect for when Cordero and Bonnetti are ruining yet another Serie A match with their brand of "commentary".

beInSchwartz repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    #233 BocaFan, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Ugh! Looking ahead to the CONMEBOL world cup qualifiers on 23 March, 4 out of the 5 games will kick-off around the same time! BeIN will have a challenge keeping everyone happy to say the least.

4:30p ET: Colombia v Bolivia
    7:30p ET: Venezuela v Peru
    7:30p ET: Argentina v Chile
    8:00p ET: Uruguay v Brasil
    8:00p ET: Paraguay v Ecuador

Kick off times are sometimes adjusted at the last minute in South America. Some countries even change their clocks fairly spontaneously, and since its March it means they would move their clocks back one-hour. Lets hope something changes here because the overlap couldn't get much worse than this.

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA has the last two games listed at 7:00 P.M., not 8:00 P.M. It's a lot of overlap either way.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Probably because they don't realize North America changes their clocks one-hour forward before March 23 (while Europe does so after).

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Looking at that schedule I would say that Argentina-Chile will be on BEIN, Uruguay -Brazil will be on BEIN Español and the other matches on Connect.

12. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    No commentary on Roma-Napoli. I'm sure they will have their own people calling the game when they show the replay. Why not do it now and get it out of the way.

13. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    This is a thing that has been happening for all Serie A games on Connect since the start of the new year and it's pretty frustrating. It's not just so they can use their clowns, either. Matches they have no intention of covering have no commentary. I sent them a message about it on Twitter since they're normally pretty responsive on there, but nothing changed.

14. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But then wouldn't FIFA disagree with you about all the start times rather than just two of them?

15. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    What's going on with Betis-Deportivo game on Wednesday? They won't show it live because of locker room replay when it's the only live game but will run the replay against the CL and PL. Are they trying to break the lowest rated game record?

16. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Here is the official schedule:

beIN-1 - (Thursday/Friday)
    04:30pm Colombia v Bolivia - L
    07:00pm Uruguay v Brazil - L
    10:00pm Argentina v Chile - D
    12:30am Paraguay v Ecuador - D/30' version
    12:00pm Venezulea v Peru - D
    02:00pm Paraguay v Ecuador - D

beIÑ - (Thursday/Friday)
    04:30pm Colombia v Bolivia - L
    07:30pm Argentina v Chile - L
    11:00pm Uruguay v Brazil - D
    06:00am Venezulea v Peru - D/30' version
    11:00am Paraguay v Ecuador- D
    02:30pm Venezulea v Peru - D

* Connect will have all matches live. Expect plenty of look-ins such as at the end of Uruguay v Brazil on beIN-1 they will undoubtedly switch to last 20-30 minutes of Argentina v Chile.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

17. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Has anyone been able to login to Connect on an Android device? Just bought a Chromecast, but I can't log in to cast it.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup, same problem here. Their streaming service is a POS! I get error messages that take me back to 2003. My 'device doesn't support Adobe'. Huh? Its android.

Since its not compatible with my android phone (and thus chromecast) I went to a bar to watch the Newcastle match last weekend. Twenty minutes in, up pops an error message about being connected to too many BeIN channels. I guess 1 is the maximum. :rolleyes:

19. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    You just have to refresh the screen usually. I know I have at least three or four devices authorized, but very rarely ever use more than one at the same time. I get the message at least once a weekend. More often lately I've seen the general error message pop up during a stream. Usually then I select a different channel then reselect the one I'm watching.

Thx,

Jay!

jcvf90 and BocaFan repped this.
  20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atletico Madrid vs. Sevilla will be on Sunday at 11:15 A.M. It will be shown completely in Spanish and joined in progress in English after Sampdoria vs. Juventus at 10:00 A.M.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am still using the old app. The new one does not work for me.

22. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    I wonder how BeInSports is going to handle the Wales-France rugby game.

Show Spoiler
    France score in the 20th minute of time added on (the clock ticked over to 100 minutes) to win 20-18

23. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #248 LaxBandit, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017

The NASL announced today the return of national broadcast partner beIN SPORTS for the 2017 season. NASL games will be carried LIVE on beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS En Español throughout the 2017 season, just as they were last year as part of a groundbreaking broadcast partnership.

“We’re thrilled to continue our relationship with such an incredible broadcast partner in 2017,” said NASL Interim Commissioner Rishi Sehgal. “beIN SPORTS has become a central destination for soccer fans, and we’re excited to have NASL included in its world-class programming lineup.”

During the 2017 season, games that air on beIN SPORTS’ TV channels will also be available online to authenticated viewers via beIN SPORTS CONNECT, the network’s live streaming platform. Live games will also be complemented by coverage within beIN SPORTS’ excellent lineup of studio programs.

The NASL has made the entire Spring Season TV Schedule in the link above and plans on announcing the Fall Season TV Schedule in the coming weeks.

LB - The first match is Saturday, March 25 - 7:30 pm ET - with Puerto Rico FC hosting the New York Cosmos.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but during during CONCACAF qualifiers BEIIN Español uses their Spanish announcers to broadcast the game in English (Spanglish) :p rather than simulcast the English channel crew.

I kinda like the idea. I was flipping back and forth to get the different perspectives and found myself more intrigued with the Español guys trying to speak English.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And I will like to add it sounded better than the FS2 Mexico match with the guy they poached away from Univision and Cobi Jones.