beIN Sports 2018-2019

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Whatever the hiccup was, it's been solved. beIN have confirmed they will have the Copa Del Rey this week. Here is the TV schedule: http://soccertvblog.com/spain-tv/

SA

2. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If it makes anyone feel better BeIns ineptitude spans all sports and is not just exclusive to footy. While watching college football yesterday I tried to tune into the Southern Miss-UAB game at the end because it was a close score. Flip to Bein and theres a still screen with the team logos and a radio broadcast playing. So there was tech difficulties. For some reason these issues last a good chunk of the 4th quarter and through overtime missing the entire end of the game.

The part I found funny is Jeremy St Louis comes on the screen and goes “we lost our internet feed”. The same person who was so bothered by me calling Bein a mickey mouse operation some years ago. I wonder if he would do the same thing today. The channel is a joke and a complete waste of resources for whoever is funding it.

3. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Well that lasted two weekends - yesterday the app kept crashing after a "no data" message when trying to select any of the Connect channels on both my Roku TV and Roku standalone device. I was able to watch a match on my iPad, but they continue to struggle with supporting Roku.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yet they want more money and a lower placement from AT&T.

I'd say a Sports/Spanish/International tier is a perfect placement for them. Unfortunately, they seem to think otherwise.

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://connect.beinsports.com improved. You can view what is on every channel on the same screen as you watch one of them. The stream started without a commercial.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I will have to check that out when I get home.

As for the Android apps they seem to not be working for me though. Hope they do a major upgrade to those soon.

7. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    roku support is very poor..every time roku upgrade version Bein App does not work

8. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah Roku app crashed every time I tried to access the stream for Atleti-Barca the other day.

9. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    It sucks for when you want to keep the game as a secondary thing while you do other work. You can't hide that bar, so making the window smaller makes the vide even smaller because it forces to keep the bar on display at all times unless it's on fullscreen.

Very annoying.

10. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Anyone else notice that the Bein Sport Connect live games are now available on Sling TV? Maybe they were before on a different package, but they weren't before on the World Sports add on.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That is freakin' awesome. Good catch.

I just noticed it too on Sling orange/Latino whatever they call it package.

It is especially great news since the update for Android apps do not work at all on my devices.
    :thumbsup:

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope they also add it to Dishanywhere. That would be a Grand Slam home run for me.

13. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Interesting news, so I signed up for a free trial with the cloud DVR and the DVR didn't work on the BeIN connect channels (it let me record them, but on playback it said "there is a problem with this channel" or something such) which would be the only thing I would want it for. The upcoming week is a good one for Connect since there's a midweek round of Ligue 1 and a whole bunch of Copa del Rey matches not on the linear channels, so hopefully they figure this out ASAP or I'm canceling the free trial at week's end.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It will be interesting to see if you are allowed to DVR the connect channels. If not now, in the near future hopefully.
    Keep in mind the DVR feature is not permitted for all channels though. ESPN and ESPN Deportes for example are just feeds from WatchESPN.

Something that is cool is that you can start the game from the beginning no matter when you tune in which is helpful.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #215 HomietheClown, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Well, the verdict is in.
    Not only can we record matches but we can record that category of match by setting timers (Any Copa Del Rey match for instance) and even record the whole thing while the game is in progress or near the end!
    Very nice.

And the picture quality on my Android devices is way , way , way better than the actual beIn connect apps (when the bein apps worked :rolleyes:).
    I don't know how that happens but thumbs up to Sling for doing this. Definitely will come in handy in the future. :thumbsup:

16. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Only thing I'm going to nitpick on Sling is that on their DVR the FF button is 30 seconds, not 10 like Fubo and most everyone else, which is not optimal for soccer replays.

17. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    So if you want to be able to DVR BeInConnect, it looks like Sling is cheapest way to go - you can simply select the Best of Spanish TV package for $10/mo and add the Cloud DVR (50 hours) for $5 making a total cost of $15/mo without having to pay for Orange or Blue. Obviously Connect isn't as attractive any longer without Serie A but it's a cheap way to get the BeIN channels if you don't have access otherwise.

Redbullsnation2012 and Ruud11 repped this.
  18. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was checking this out today. If you pay annually it is only $80 or something like that. But how can I watch it on a TV? I have a Roku.

19. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    There's a Roku Sling app you can get from the channel store. Sling's available on just about every streaming device you can think of (Fire, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV).

Ruud11 repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #220 HomietheClown, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Yes indeed. It is also available on XBOX One for those of you who do not have streaming devices but play video games. (Xbox is my preferred way to watch it on television even though the smart tv I have has a built in Android TV app. The Android TV app seems too shaky for some reason)

Sling is by far the best when it comes to the devices you can download the app for. Better than Fubo and way better than DirecTV Now.

Ruud11 repped this.
  21. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I can no longer authenticate in to the beIN main channel, even though I have the main channel in my FIOS package. Only Spanish and the alternates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  23. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Fios. I was kept authenticated in and could watch fine. I'm not going to test authenticating/logging out and in to see if I get that problem. Do you have any other browsers or devices that you could be authenticated already?

Redbullsnation2012 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  24. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I actually cleaned out my device list just upon log in that session. So I should be ok on that front. I'm sure I'll figure it out - I watch very little beIN online now, I've shifted from random La Liga matches to random Serie A matches on a better platform :)

25. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Random observation I don't know where else to make, but BeIN's George Metellus sounds exactly like Chidi from The Good Place.