beIN Sports 2018-2019

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Another week and Connect still doesn't work.

This network can't die fast enough.

2. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Exactly. If I were a Spanish or French league executive, I would partner with a major network like ESPN, Fox or NBC, even if all matches are stream-only, rather than stay with beIN. Same for MotoGP, by the way.

3. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Why does AT&T f@ck up everything they touch? DirecTV used to be really good before AT&T. I may need to go back to Dish.

4. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    OK, watching Bein Sports (English version) on Dish at neighbor's house. Ligue 1 game has Spanish language commentators only, no alternate audio available, but the pregame was in English with the usual Bein English speaking hosts. Switched over to Bein Sports Espanol, and the La Liga game is in English using the alternate audio, but everything else is in Spanish (with Spanish language hosts at halftime, Spanish promos, commercials, etc.), so English is clearly the alternate audio. My neighbor says it has always been like that on Dish, with English language on the pregame, halftime, and postgame of Bein Sports (English version), but Spanish language during the game. Bein (English version) on DirecTV was not like that. WTF?

5. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Im not a big Bein fan but I have to say that the Turkish Lig matches are greatly appreciated

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In some ways they have been more entertaining than the Italian matches they lost.

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Just found out BeIN isn’t on directv. Cunts!

Thx,

Jay!

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  8. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'll say something kind of nice about beIN -- I watched The Express thingy on Sunday night and it was kind of nice to see La Liga, Ligue 1 and even Prem goals all in one place after a busy day. Didn't even mind the goofy analysis from Rongen and co.

9. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do miss this now that I'm sans beIN. I have no channel to go to in the evening and reliably know something soccer-related will be airing that I can watch for 20-30 minutes and get caught up. That's my old man yelling at cloud moment.

10. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now that international week is back I miss it too. Also gonna hurt when World Cup qualifying picks back up

11. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Just got back from France, where the hotel had Bein 1, Bein 2 and Bein 3 (lots of netball) to find that there's no Bein on my Directv. Where does La Liga show on Directv now?

12. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It’s funny because I was just in Italy and I was kinda in shock that the hotels we stayed at none of them had sky meaning none of them had Serie A.

Shen-O, Redbullsnation2012 and NaBUru38 repped this.
  13. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Did directv drop Bein? If so then no La Liga on Directv I guess. I had the same issue with Fios but they settled it pretty quickly.

14. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Yes, Bein is off DirecTV, but DirecTV customer service says they are still in negotiations and the channels could come back. I went with Dish Network and kept DirecTV with basic stuff for now. The irony is that both the Bein Sports English and Espanol channels on Dish had lots of DirecTV commercials all weekend. So, why would someone who is watching Bein on Dish want to switch to DirecTV, who does not carry it?

Bein had several CAN qualifiers live from Africa this weekend, plus even more delayed and in 90 in 30 format. I find those very interesting to watch. The various stadiums and crowds alone are fun to watch, except for the problems at the Madagascar-Senegal game, which although Bein showed the game, they did not show the pregame crowd problems.

Dish has this weird audio problem where Bein Espanol has English language game commentary available via alternate audio but Bein English has game commentary in Spanish, usually, with no alternate audio available. But the studio shows on Bein English are in English. Weird.

15. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    The unfortunate byproduct of beIN losing Serie A is that they now feel compelled to use their "talent" on matches which in past years they used the international commentary. I already knew to find other sources for Barca, Real Madrid and PSG matches, and last year that started going for Atletico Madrid as well.

But now I fired up Valencia-Betis on the DVR and upon immediately hearing Cordero (or was it Bonetti? or both?) on commentary it was like opening a kitchen cabinet and being startled by a roach skittering around.

And Connect still isn't firing on all cylinders (has it ever really?) as I was able to watch one of the Ligue 1 matches Saturday afternoon but not the other.

16. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The best thing Bein has going for it and they probably dont even know it is on Bein~ they will sometimes have Simon Hanley and Graham Hunter on the commentary when using the english language option on your remote. They did the Sevilla-Girona match this week and will pop up from time to time. Excellent! They make every match feel like a major event even when its not necessarily a huge match.

Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  17. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Anyone else still holding on to hope DirecTV and Bein sort shit out, or has everyone switched to Sling or Fubo or whatever?

18. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I went with Dish Network and I told DirecTV that the loss of Bein was the reason, for whatever it is worth. The DirecTV customer service rep said they were still negotiating with Bein.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    BeIN tends to have that effect. Similarly, I was pumped for Sevilla x Real Madrid because everybody knows the atmosphere in Seville is amazing before any big match there. Of course, BeIN doesn't even show the players coming out of the tunnel (something NBC always does even though the atmospheres are dreadful in most EPL grounds) and return from commercial half-way through the Sevilla anthem. And the commentators talk through most of the second half of the anthem.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I love Dish.

21. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    BeIN maybe toast on DirecTV, call letters are gone on the guide, says info, to be announced.

22. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3E8AC243-4A1D-42B6-9381-59D2B688872D.jpeg Ironically, every time I turn on La Liga on BeIN, AT&T is the sponsor.

23. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    at&t = the right hand don't know what the left hand is doing.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's always hope. U-Verse went without NHL Network and the Hallmark channels for years until they came back.

However, it seems beIN has less value now, as they've lost a lot of teams and they want lower placement... They may be too greedy for what they have. I have to blame beIN here. If they wanted Sports Pack tier placement, they'd probably go right back on.

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AT&T has partial ownership in a couple of regional sports channels. They haven't had these channels in years.