beIN Sports 2018-2019

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Send it their way, then. Get their support to take a look at it. I don't have BeIN Connect or Roku so I can't take a look :p

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    From what I read about motocross they are very happy with bein. They have had a major increase in tv audience compared to whatever network they were on before and they have had a major subscription increase in their social media platforms.

And of course I would bet a pretty penny the Qataris that own beIN have major sponsorship deals in Moto... ...so they want it to be successful.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Still 15 more than the # of people watching PSG v Angers. :sleep:

6. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah Im sure. Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani. Definitely not appealing name players. Im a Marseille supporter so while not a psg supporter I can imagine there might be a decent audience for their matches.

7. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My BeINConnect has yet to work this season. Anyone else experiencing issues with BeIN channels 3-10?

8. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
  9. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BeIN Connect is seriously the worst app in the history of streaming video. The only reliable workaround is to spend $50 a month on Fubo.tv.

HomietheClown, BocaFan, daniloni and 2 others repped this.
  10. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It really is. I'm so glad Serie A switched to ESPN.

The Bein app was hit or miss for me for the past two years.

Redbullsnation2012 and daniloni repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe they should cut a deal with Fubo and have everyone access connect through Fubotv's website and apps.

12. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now they're off DirecTV, UVerse and DirecTV Now (the latter just weeks after BeIN Español was added to the spanish package).

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luckily, these things usually only last a few days. I've had U-Verse since 2008 and they've only ever lost three sets of national channels for any amount of time. The channels owned by Scripps Networks were off for maybe 5-7 days. NHL Network and the Hallmark channels were off for a significant amount of time. If there are other major ones, I'm forgetting them. (Yes, I lost my CBS affiliate for about a month, but that was a dispute with the local ownership.)

Let's see what happens here.

Luckily, most major bars/pubs have at least two providers.

I suppose there's always the off-chance that when it comes back, it goes to a lower tier... which could be beneficial, especially considering I just lost my Go90 app.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Bein is still on Dish thank goodness.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  15. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually have a grandfathered $10/month Fubo Latino that I keep to get TyC and Gol in HD, so the loss of BeIN isn’t a big problem for me. Of course, DirecTV doesn’t know that so I will try take advantage of this carriage dispute by demanding a discount. One loss for me is that if it’s on directv, I can watch data free on the directv app as an at&t wireless customer.

Redbullsnation2012 and TJNash repped this.
  16. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, strike while the iron is hot with Directv. The good old days of loyalty discounts are fading fast, but losing 2 channels should be grounds for a slight discount.

17. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    What kind of leverage does Bein think it has by wanting to go on a lower tier and off sports package? Especially with La Liga deal up for grabs next year, and all the talk of La Liga trying to get more exposure(i.e wanting a big boy to take over). Im pissed off that it's off Directv at the moment, but i mean, its a channel that has always been losing money and exists as a way for Qatar to acquire some "soft" power as it tries to become more of a globally important state.

18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if they’re on the lower tier then they have more exposure so it’s a necessary move on their part.

19. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    That is correct, being on a lower tier would give them more exposure and would make them alot more money. But why do they think they have the leverage to push for that with Directv? The sports pack is the right place for them.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In a negotiation you always aim high and then settle for a middle ground if you don't get exactly what you are looking for.

I am not a DirecTV expert but last I checked you had to purchase the Sports package for Bein English and in addition to that you had to purchase the Spanish Language Package for BeIn Español.

As opposed to Dish Network in which you get both English and Español. in the Sports Package. You also get them both in the LATINO package.

BeIN is probably thinking to themselves at the very least if Dish can do it DirecTV can also do something similar.

21. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not necessarily more money. They would lower their per subscriber rate to be on a lower tier.

22. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    10 points and a cigar.

They dont have enough of a portfolio to move up in the world and they frankly never have.

The Qataris will be fine though. Bein actually matters in other countries.

23. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Would they not have way more subscribers if they are off sports pack and on a lower tier, thus bringing in more money? Isn't that the whole point of getting off sports pack?

24. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Respectfully, I don’t feel like teaching you third grade math. You are correct that they presumably want more money. However, they may also want a broader subscriber base because La Liga may have signaled that this is a requirement for the next contract regardless of what BeIN offers in terms of $$$. In any case, I just was making the point that more subscribers does not necessarily mean more money and certainly doesn’t mean a lot more money. There’s a multiplicand and a multiplier. And one of those can decrease as the other increases. Note that Fios agreed to putting them on a lower tier as did Dish (per Homie).

25. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    So you're saying that they will make less money by getting on a lower tier with more subscribers than if they stay on the sports pack?