beIN Sports 2018-2019

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Are you a kid?

Comparing it to a war in Ukraine is not making the idea look better.

2. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I am comparing it to lack of interst in their own country, that they thought it would be a good idea. If someone came up with this in Germany, they would burn the league headquarters within a day.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    There isn't necessary a lack of interest just because attendance is low. A good chunk of the cities that La Liga clubs are based in have populations under 200k, with no big city near them to draw on. In which case average attendances of 10k is quite good actually.

Anyway, this thing isn't driven my low attendance, but rather greed. You see the same thing in the NFL by teams that get 70k+ for every home game.

4. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Make the game cheaper?

Guys, someone has to pay that wage bill.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The wage bill is their own fault. They are just chasing their own tails.

But I guess this is all off topic.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  6. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt the overseas league game happens in the near future. There's already pushback from FIFA, CONCACAF, and US Soccer. The person who suggested the Supercup being played here is right, that makes vastly more sense.

At any rate, I hope La Liga does a good job with its next TV deal in terms of maximizing exposure to the most people.

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't ticket prices set by the clubs, not the league? In 2017-2018, La Liga had 29.3% lower attendance than the Premier League.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm pumped for the new La Liga season.

"Sorry
    You have reached the maximum number of connected devices, visit the "Devices" page and move unused devices from the list (Error 2)"

sigh

Its the first time I'm using it in 4 months!

Funny how I remain connected on 4 devices yet I still have to log-in each time. :sick:

Anyway, I'm finally in.

9. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Just happy that La Liga has started so we don't have to see "(X) days until La Liga" at the top of the screen during everything else any longer.

Redbullsnation2012, BocaFan and daniloni repped this.
  10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is this % of total seats sold per game? For sure Eibar sell out their stadium every game but then it only seats about 9000. There are some other small stadiums as well. I'm pretty sure Bilbao and Sociedad sell out their games.

11. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We Comcast subscribers still have an infomercial explaining how BeIn is worse than Hitler & Stalin carving up Poland. I figured they'd get it sorted before Barcelona or Madrid kicked off.

Redbullsnation2012 and unclesox repped this.
  12. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Your best bet is getting Fubo Latino or waiting until October 27th which is when El Clasico will take place. I can see MASS exits from soccer fans if they don't show that

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was average per game. I'm not going to calculate the average or percent capacity for the leagues.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    BeIN really hyping up Ligue 1 with a nice promo pertaining to stars of tomorrow.

I know they pretty much have to with Serie A gone but it was a nice Promo,.

15. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Every time I try to access a channel on the app, I get a technical difficulties error. The advertisement before the stream will play, but no videos will. I guess I'll have to try to remove the app and re-download it.

16. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Are they still running 30 min Ligue 1 highlights show with nothing but the goals? Last week I watched the 1-hour version on a foreign network. So much better than crumbs offered by bein.

17. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I stopped watching the Ligue 1 Highlights Show after the changed the format from the 1 hour version hosted by Matthew Spiro to the 30 minutes version which only covered about 6 matches and was hosted by one of bein's dopes. Now, I just watch the highlights on Ligue 1's YouTube page since they have 3 and a half to 4 minute highlight packages for every game.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Something wrong with the audio in the Valencia x Atleti match. Can barely hear the crowd noise.
    Shame cuz the actual atmosphere is crazy in the stadium for this match.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have been having issues like that on both Android and IOS. Eventually I was able to get the iPhone to work just by closing th app and reopening it a few times.(No such iuck with the android device.)

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have no clue. I am not into review shows or highlight shows anymore.

21. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BeIn has been completely dropped from my Comcast channel lineup. No more informercial explaining why BeIn is bad.

I have lost BeIn and the Big 10 Network in the last few months.

22. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Catching up on last weekend's Ligue 1, and apparently BeIN is now a make-work program for the likes of Andres Cordero as they're using him and someone else not very good whom I've never heard of as the commentators on Toulouse-Bordeaux of all matches.

With Comcast dropping them meaning they'll bleed even more money, BeIN should just save a few bucks and go with the world feed announcers that come free with the rights. I don't think anyone's tuning in to Toulouse-Bordeaux just to hear Cordero.

23. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have been saying this for years. They pay more money to have worse announcing. It is mind blowing.

And yes they have been using their b squad (which is really saying something) for theLigue 1 matches

Cantona and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  24. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bein schedule- Psg v Angers
    Currently airing on Bein- motor cross
    My brain- maybe the match was called off let me check Bein~
    Bein~ - psg v angers airing live

Seriously why is this so difficult?

25. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Can anyone with a Roku and the BeIN connect app get it to work on the connect channels higher than 3?

I have a standalone Roku express (new) and a 2/3-year-old Roku TV and on both of them I get the message "Video Error, ignored Press * to Dismiss" whenever I try to watch anything that isn't on the main channels or LaLiga TV. It's been this way the last two weekends. Typically in the past I'd get this message and then the video would load on the second try, but nothing now after multiple attempts.