beIN Sports 2018-2019

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, the majority are Mexican fans which is why I said it is not as much leverage.

But there are thousands of Colombians and Argentinians and Peruvians, in NY, Florida, NJ, California, etc. that are going to be ticked off if they have DirecTV or Comcast. And they will call up and vent about it.

2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an appletv. There is no BeIN connect app for appletv. I believe the only BeIN connect app is for roku. The BeIN connect app is also not airplay enabled. You can do the screen casting, but you sacrifice PQ, artifacting and you can’t use your phone for something else.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ah. I guess it is only certain regions that have airplay like Australia.

Chromecast is an option though.

4. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Another article:
    https://worldsoccertalk.com/2019/01...ng-copa-libertadores-big-deal-soccer-fans-us/

Here is an interesting tidbit:

“We want to explore some strategic alliances with other players out there. For a lot of the channels that have soccer properties, they don’t have the ‘shelf-space’ to show it all. That also happens to us in some cases, so I’m also willing and hoping to have some conversations where we’re able to make some trades (instead of pure-play acquisitions) to round off our product even more.”

I am wondering what soccer they are trying to barter into their lineup.
    Every Network seems to be putting their Soccer properties that does not fit on "shelf space" behind a pay wall.

6. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe the Lib and Suda will be on Fanatiz with this?

7. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'm assuming there is little chance they renew La Liga rights after this season, due to La Liga pushing extra hard for more exposure in U.S, and Bein's exposure problems. Them picking up Liberatadores is a good sign they plans to stick around, although surely they have to get back onto DirecTV and Comcast to have any hopes of long-term longevity....

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I doubt it.
    But maybe.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't think of any other Network that would have less exposure problems.

Every Network would put most of the Spanish matches behind a paywall. That seems to be less exposure than beIN.

10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    beIN's La Liga rights do not expire until after the 2019/20 season...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad I could resurrect this thread so effectively! Even if it was just with a post about Xtra missing. ;)

12. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    You think La Liga would be willing to renew contract with beIN from 2020 onwards with them not being on Comcast, DirecTV and FiOS?

13. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    My bad, hopefully that buys some time to negotiate and get back on DirecTV, etc.... I would very much enjoy Ray Hudson commentary on Liberatadores games. It will be nice to watch in English for once after watching in Spanish for past 15 years.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Probably not but as I said, the other Networks would probably put it behind a pay wall which is not on tv at all.

15. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    ESPN+ has to be beIN's biggest worry come 2020. They are likely to approach La Liga as they do Serie A with a single match on TV and the rest on the streaming service. But unlike Serie A, beIN has a good relationship (as far as I know) with La Liga in Spain. So like with everything else in the world today, politics will come into play. While leagues put on a front about exposure and such, the deals they ultimately make have more to do money and the relationships they have with the big boys of distribution rights. While MP & Silva were a strong company, beIN was able to grab rights to major leagues across the world. Then MP & Silva fell financially and IMG has taken over. Now it's all about the relationships they have with leagues and broadcasters. It's not as blatant as the corruption we see with FIFA, for example, but I have a feeling if we as fans knew every little nook and cranny about how money is being turned around in the name of soccer, many of us would be extremely disappointment with that reality. In other words, best not to know...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

16. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    If Ray Hudson is doing the Libertadores matches, me gusta Espanol.

TJNash repped this.
  17. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    This reminds me that every once in a while I miss Oliver Tse's wild speculation on such matters.

jcvf90, Redbullsnation2012 and unclesox repped this.
  18. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Damn dude. That's a low blow. Can't breathe...

19. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios has beIN.

20. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Oh shit, i didnt realize they renegotiated, so its just Comcast and Directv i guess.

21. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Fantastic.
    When they say they will broadcast every minute they mean every minute.

It will be great to not have to look for some bootleg streams for matches. Especially the ones involving Brazilian teams that Fox Deportes never wanted to show live.

Redbullsnation2012 and Gyro62 repped this.
  23. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    There are many that would air all of the Madrid/Barca matches without a paywall and those are 99% of what I watch and there'd likely be good commentary so I'd prefer that. Guessing that's 99% of the American fanbase as well.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    "Many that would air all"

I doubt it.
    Maybe there are a few Networks that would show a game here or there but we all know that most Networks are trying to sell subscriptions to their streaming services. The best way to do that would be to put Barca and Madrid behind the pay-wall no?

25. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Hudson is doing the first game with Schoen. Viva SAP!

Redbullsnation2012 and QPR Kevin H repped this.