beIN Sports 2018-2019

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that college gridiron is winding up, I am actually missing La Liga as a Comcast subscriber. Is Sling still the best streaming option to get BeIn?

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sling is the best in my opinion.

Fubo used to be the best because they were exclusively the only one to have all the Connect channels accessible in their guide but now Sling has that capability too.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know why the Xtra show has been missing for several days now?

4. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    HomietheClown repped this.
  5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Probably good news although there are not much details given. Can't be much worse than FOX' coverage though...

6. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    What I liked about the FOX contract was their very reliable FoxSportsGo streaming. But I've had better experiences with beIN Connect since they've upgraded their sites/streaming of late (though I have to dust off Firefox for best results :p)

beIN will also take the competitions away from Directv and Comcast subscribers, as contracts currently stand.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    True. I was thinking more in terms of the TV coverage. The Libertadores always takes a back-seat to the MLB playoffs in the Fall, and that's just when the tournament really starts to heat-up. Also often takes a backseat to Champions League replays.

8. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yep beIN will certainly appreciate the weeknight content

9. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    HomietheClown repped this.
  10. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of years ago, I would have seen this as a positive, but late last season, Fox started putting games on Fox Sports Go when there was a TV conflict. I believe Roku is the only connected device offering BeIN connect, and I frequently get error messages when I try to watch on roku. Also, Fox subcontracted the games to Fanatiz (which is on all connected devices), who showed every single game, and I doubt BeIN will do the same.

11. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With a Fubo subscription you can get BeIN Connect. I’m guessing all group stage matches will be on that platform with “bigger” games on the main channels BeIN and Beiñ

12. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Or with a Sling subscription, in which you only have to get the $10 Spanish package (and $5 for the cloud DVR if you want to DVR).

13. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For $16/month on Fubo I get all BeIN content, BeIN connect, Goltv Spanish, Fox Deportes, Univision Deportes, and other Spanish Language stations which show futbol like Univision, UniMas, and Galavision. Plus, 30 hours of DVR space

14. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does this mean they won’t be on Fanatiz anymore? I currently don’t get Bein.

15. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an old grandfathered FuboTV subscription for $10/month (BeIN channels, GolTV, TyC, Univision channels) which gives me access to BeIN connect on the BeIN website apps but doesn’t have the connect channels on Fubo itself. Are you saying the current Fubo Latino package includes the BeIN connect channels on the Fubo app? I thought that was only available on Fubo premier. I don’t know if it would be worth it for me to pay $7 per month more just to have the connect channels in the Fubo app, but it’s something I would consider given how much a disaster BeIN connect is on roku.

16. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I don't see this deal on their site - do you have a link?

17. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fanatiz tweeted the other day that they were working to get the rights, but it seems unlikely that BeIN would sub license them given that they really want to put pressure on Comcast and Directv for carriage.

18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean Fanatiz has 24 hour feeds of TyC, RCN, and a couple of other channels, so I guess they could come to an agreement to carry BeIN as well, but I doubt they’d be able to keep the current $10 per month price.

InterFan76 repped this.
  19. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for the info.

20. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s the Spanish Package. I got it for Fox Deportes in addition to others.
    PAC

I had the grandfathered version too but wanted fox Deportes as well. No, the BeIN Connect is still a separate app with Fubo login.

daniloni repped this.
  21. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well Played beIN Sports.
    Well Played!

I am looking forward to the Copa Libertadores on beIN and Connect. :thumbsup:

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This can give beIN some leverage though in a new negotiation to re-up with those service providers. I am sure there's going to be lots of Latinos calling up complaining about not having Spanish soccer and now Libertadores soccer.

Would have been more leverage if the Mexican teams were still part of the competition though, but oh well.

daniloni and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    i
    The only other thing I could recommend is maybe Apple TV.
    Or using an iOS device on Chromecast.

Not sure if you have any apple products but it is an option.

25. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I wonder about that.

Youd think if conmebol matches were that important they'd be on a wider network already.

I'd wager that a majority of latino fans being mexican, are satiated by liga mx matches already available.

You might get some hard core fans to get bein back to it's original coverage or close too it, anything more is doubtful imho.