beIN Sports 2017-18

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by DeargGerilo, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    No Toulouse-Guingamp today on BeIN, so score it corolla 1, daniloni 0.

2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed where I said otherwise.

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.beinsports.com/us/college-basketball/tables has the NCAA Basketball standings by conference, but some conferences are out of alphabetical order, and the Ohio Valley East and Ohio Valley West are separated. Furthermore, the word "tables" isn't used in American competitions.

4. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well its refreshing to know that the incompetence is divided equally amongst all sports

Redbullsnation2012 and EvanJ repped this.
  5. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    "My Dad Doesn't Decided.." :oops:
    [​IMG]

BocaFan and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to say that I have not used the connect website in a while and trying it today made me a bit frustrated on the Firefox browser. Had trouble loading up the streams and the video was very choppy once it was playing.

Just for kicks and giggles I tried it on Chrome browser for the first time and am having a much more enjoyable experience. That will be my default browser from now on.

7. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bein Connect drives me nuts.

When i try to cast from my phone to the TV, sometimes I get error messages saying I have too many devices. Of course I go into settings and look at my devices and nope........just one in there SMH

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I sometimes get that issue with chromecast too.

It kind of makes me want to get a Roku since there is an app specially designed for that device.

Has anyone here used the Roku app and can tell us about that experience?

9. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Used the Roku App for BeINSports back when they showed the last couple of rounds of qualifiers from South America. It was much more reliable than the website. Since then use FuboTV to access beIN-CONNECT which is by far the most reliable and convenient (but of course, at a cost).

Here is a link to the Roku App: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/143975/bein-sports-connect-us

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

10. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Yes, the Roku app works fine. Had no problem setting up 2 different Rokus with it, just had to do the authentication process where I received a code from the app and then entered it at the site to log in to my cable account.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Last set of qualifiers my best chromecast experience was with my dad's iPad. Ironically my iPhone froze up a bit.

Roku sounds like the best bet for me since I don't want to pay for fubo (at least not as long as I am with Dish).

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I wish they had an app like the Roku one available for more devices. Xbox/Windows 10 would be awesome.
    But it seems like I have been clamoring for a windows 10 app for many years now.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I also noticed that it doesn’t “cast” when you have the video on full-screen on the device you’re casting from. You have to shrink the video before casting. :rolleyes:

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good tip.

15. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mine it's weird. Like it will play just fine for like 1-2 mins but THEN i get the error about having too many devices.

16. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Any news on the serie A rights? Someone is playing a hard bargain.

17. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No but I was watching a friendly on BeIN I think Sunday and they kept talking about how the Serie A race came down to the wire while most the other leagues did not. I doubt they know anything but they did make sure to mention on more than one occasion during that game that you could catch Serie A action on BeIN sports lol

18. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with ESPN. Though a lot depends on who wants the FA Cup rights packaged with it. ESPN purchase could mean ESPN+ in English and some Deportes over-the-air in Espanol?

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  19. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just got ESPN+ so I wouldn't mind if it got Serie A. Least I know the app is better than BeIN lol

20. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had Bein on this morning and they mentioned all the champions of their leagues and a Juve was in the commercial so it looks like it will be back on Bein but not sure nothing officially said yet.

21. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The BeIN channels are up for renewal on U-Verse in August. As we know, the vast majority of times, nothing happens, but we'll see.

Right now, I believe both are accessible via the Sports pack (included with U-450) and the Spanish-language package.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I posted this in the new beIn thread but I might as well post it here since people are not posting in that one yet:

Good news for For Android users:

BeIN connect recently fixed an issue this week in which users could not login with their service provider credentials and were stuck in some userrname sign up screen.
    (IT was very annoying but they finally fixed it.)
    It seems like they have done away with that and now the app just takes you to your service provider selection screen when you try to sign in.
    The updated app even plays on my old android phone. ( I have not been able to use that in more than a year due to loading issues).

Good job beIn (although it should have been resolved months ago... ...better late than never.)

Redbullsnation2012 and sitruc repped this.