beIN Sports 2017-18

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by DeargGerilo, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's that way with most programming on beIN. You'll get the Turkish fans who want to see the Turkish league only, same with the French and most of the La Liga fans. I've never watched anything other than football on beIN Sports, not their college football, basketball, Sean Salisbury show, MotoGP, nothing. My time is limited so when I sit down to watch something it has to be something I'm interested in.

Given how reliable ESPN's apps have worked for me, since I watch a lot of college lacrosse and they show a ton on there, I'm ok with using their streaming services.

Redbullsnation2012 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As I said. for a fan like you the Serie A move would be a good one. For someone like me and others not so much.

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I mean it all depends......if u watch Bein for other stuff than this is just an additional 5 bucks a month.

If you don't, then your probably saving some money.

To me all this stuff NBC Gold, ESPN+......it's just adding to the amount of money I have to spend.

4. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    QPR Kevin H and HomietheClown repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well then.
    That is good surprise.

6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oh that really stinks

I don't get bein spanish so now I won't be able to stream it or will it still be on connect at least?

7. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    They really are unpredictable. I saw that they are also showing Saturday's 7 AM Eibar-Getafe game live on the spanish channel. Not sure what changed there this week.

I noticed that fubotv's guide for bein is not completely accurate, so it could be a challenge to dvr these games.

8. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    All matches, televised and streamed are on Connect. Though if it's only on the Spanish Connect stream then I don't know if you'll be able to authenticate into it with your cable log-in. At the moment it's showing up on both beIN 4 and 5 via connect -- I'd imagine English comms stream would be available on one of those lower channels

https://connect.beinsports.com/us/tv-guide/

9. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    They swapped the match with MotoGP, so the match is on beIN-ñ while Spanish language coverage of MotoGP will be on beIN-Connect-5.

English commentary of Juve - Napoli remains on beIN-Connect -4. Delayed broadcast of match on beIN-1 at 12:30am (Monday morning).

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if I've ever heard of competitions from two countries packaged together.

I hope Atletico Madrid is on beIN-8 like socceraction says. http://www.beinsports.com/us/tv-guide has changed their schedule to show Juventus vs. Napoli being on TV, but don't have Atletico Madrid listed on Connect, with the numbers 7 and up vacant then.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    La Liga announced their kick-off times for the 12-13 May weekend. Eight matches will kick off at 12h30 EDT Saturday. It goes without saying that both TV channels will show the dead-rubber Real Madrid B v Celta match. But will be interesting to see how they distribute the others on their streaming channels, if they show any of them. The Seville-derby is included in this group of 8 fixtures.

Fortunately there are not too many conflicts with other leagues covered by BeIN. One Serie A match at that time, zero Ligue 1 matches. There could be conflicts with a bunch of matches in Turkey and that could be the title-deciding day in that league.

13. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Something not well known and I just noticed this recently as well.

BeIN puts their highlight shows, atp uncovered, Moto America races and other shows on their YouTube English and Spanish channels.

They even started showing their WTA finals live on YouTube in the USA.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  14. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the championship, CL places (Valencia needs only one more point or for Betis to drop any points), and relegation already wrapped up, the only non-dead rubbers will involve the last Europa league slot in 7th place (maybe 6th as well given Villarreal’s remaining fixtures). Let’s face it, most casual fans would rather see a Real Madrid dead rubber than see if Girona can sneak into 7th. Betis seems set in 5th, but the question of whether Sevilla makes it into Europa is an intriguing storyline, given their history in that competition, especially with the rumors that Unai is set to return.

15. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    La Liga have also announced that all matches are "Subject to Change" after this weekend's matches are played. Expect many changes...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Redbullsnation2012 and BocaFan repped this.
  16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Okay, that makes sense actually. The only way they would need to play a whole bunch of matches at the same time is if the 4th place race is still up for grabs. The Betis-Sevilla derby links the races for EL and CL spots together, meaning teams involved in either of those two races all must play at the same time if the races are both still undecided.

Redbullsnation2012 and socceraction repped this.
  17. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    There is nothing to play for in La Liga in the month of May. They may as well stop everything and cancel last three weeks. El Classico in Miami had more riding on it than the one coming up this weekend. I'm sure Getafe and Girona could care less about europa league. It could just complicate their survival chances next season.

Not much meaningful soccer in general on bein in May.

18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Madrid would rather be battling for the title, but won't they care about stopping Barcelona from an undefeated season? Winning the CL would be more impressive than winning La Liga in general, but would winning the CL be more impressive than going 38 games undefeated?

19. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    3 out of the 4 Serie A matches on Connect in the 9:00 am kickoff have no commentary. Despite asking politely on Twitter if this would be rectified, it still hasn't been adjusted.

I'm so sick of this garbage network, and I'm praying ESPN+ gets the rights going forward.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Be careful what you ask for.

21. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    How could it be worse? I want it to be all streaming. I want it all to be available on demand. Everything ESPN+ has done so far has been no different than how it was with WatchESPN, which was absolutely serviceable.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Things could be better. I have admitted that in an earlier post.
    But people have to realize things could get worse too. It is not out of the realm of possibility ESPN can screw it up somehow as they have in the past with soccer properties. Especially if they want to save streaming bandwidth and just focus on Juve, the Milans and Roma and just forget about the other teams.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It could get better or worse, but its not like its 50% for each possibility. More like 99-1 in favor of better. I'll take that risk.

Anyway, no point dreaming about ESPN having the rights when there hasn't been any rumours to this end.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There has been talk about ESPN going for Serie A rights. IMG wants to bundle their FA Cup rights along with Serie A and that's what's caused ESPN to take a step back, they don't want the FA Cup rights since they're too expensive.

25. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As much as I've swore I wouldn't get ESPN+, if they get Serie A i just might have to lol

Dante repped this.