Beijing launches Football Festival on summer

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Feb 19, 2009.

1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Beijing launches Football Festival on summer

A lot of soccer matches includes european clubs had been scheduled in Beijing this summer, these matches will be part of the "Beijing International Football Festival" according to the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Sports.

As early reported Beijing Guo'an will play Man Utd on Jul 18, as part of the Utd's Asian tour, the match will be played at the Workers Stadium.

The Barclays Asia Trophy will also take place on July, Beijing Guo'an will play Chelse, Hull City & West Ham United at the Workers Stadium. the tournament will be started at Jul 28.

Italian Super Cup will be played at Beijing's Bird's Nest Stadium on Aug 8.

a friendly match between European Champions Spain and Team China is being discussed.

2. KDDP

KDDP New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    greenlion, how about before the new CSL season begins on March 21 - will Beijing play any lead-up games ahead of the ACL matches?

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't think its been decided that Super Cup will be played at Bird's Nest. Saw on the news the other night that some Italian federation people were in Beijing last week and were examining BOTH Bird's Nest and Gongti...Especially if its to be played on Aug 8, as the only event planned this year at Bird's Nest is Turnadot, which is to be held on that day.

4. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guoan lost on the PSO 4-5 after draw hull 1-1

Tottenham win 1-0 vs Aston Villa

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Totenham beat West Ham.

6. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    oops same color tricked me, and i thaugh the frenchman faubert played in aston villa :)

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    anyone going to the Italian Super Cup on 8/8?

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm still debating it, though I passed on an RMB380 ticket and will now most likely have to deal with the huangniu outside the stadium if I go. Not a big fan of Italian soccer and Lazio's lineup kinda bores me. I would definitely be going, though, if it wasn't for the fact Guoan has a home match that night. Absolutely stupid decision not to move the time of the Beijing match, would be awesome if it was a double header or even if they played at Gongti at 3:30, but par for the course.

Am going to the EPL matches tonight...

9. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    yeah I used to be a big Serie A fan back in the days when it was considered the "mini-World Cup". Lazio used to be a very entertaining team back in the Signori/Mancini days. But of course now EPL is all the rage and is much more entertaining, the best combo of speed, strength, and skills in world football.

Yeah it's very stupid to have the Guoan match at the same time, isn't it? oh well it's not surprising to me at all that CSL makes these stupid decisions. LOL

How much do you think the huangniu tickets will be? I'm still contemplating whether or not to go.

10. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Last night was seriously disappointing, "Guoan" was made up mostly of Beijing Hongdeng players who, for 80 minutes, outplayed West Ham, that doesn't bode well for them in the Prem this season. That may have been the most boring match I've ever watched in my life. The Hull-Tottenham match, as an Arsenal fan, came out the wrong way as well. The only positive thing I can say about the experience is that Hull City fans are great, there were more inside Gongti last night than visiting CSL fans who make the trip to watch away matches.

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I watched both games on tv. I know it was only a warm up match, but if that's what Zola can muster up in the regular season, they are indeed in deep shit. As are Hull City. I actually think Hull will get relegated this yr. No such luck like they had last yr.

In the few pre-season matches I've seen so far this summer, I see Man City and Spurs as two dark horses who can really trouble the Big 4 this yr. I'm not so sure about Man U's chances to repeat as champs. Owen is no Tevez and Nani is no C.Ronaldo.