Rumor: Because "It" (the rumors/gossip that is) just does not stop... - winter transfer thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ashur, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't imagine Napoli would let him go this year. Maybe next summer but unless he's promised starting minutes I wouldn't think he'd want to come to United.

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually thinking about him as an option on the right, if others fail. And if he has a release clause and would show any inclination of being interested, there's really not much Napoli could do.
    I'd take him without hesitation over any of our current options wide right.

3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He'd be a decent option if it weren't for his age. I'd prefer to avoid stop gap solutions.

4. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Guardian quoting Sun for blind to fenerbahce

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His age is why I consider him a backup option at best. Would much rather have him, even if it's for a season or two at the most, over no one (as it turned out to be the case this past summer).

6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I still fully believe we end up with Griezmann next summer. With the way things went down, his contract situation (100 mil buyout), his marketing strength, and our need for big name signings it just makes sense. I think we see him lineup behind Lukaku with Miki bounced out to the right where he'll keep cutting inside allowing Valencia to overlap. I'm not crazy about Miki on the right but it's better than Mata or Lingard.

7. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've always thought Heynckes was underrated. Smart move by them. Bringing in a new coach mid-season is tough and Heynckes knows the club and a lot of the players.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have little doubt as well that Griezmann will be one of the club's main targets next season as well. As far as Miki is concerned, I had (and still do to a certain extent) high hopes for him as our solution to man the right.
    So far though, he has been a massive disappointment in that spot. If he can go on and come close to the player he was with Dortmund in that position, we would be fine for the short term. However, if he still continues to struggle, something will have to be done.
    Don't care who it is, but if United have any real aspirations to contend, especially in Europe next season, a right side with Miki at current level, Mata or Lingard will not cut it. It was a big position of need for us last summer and so far, nothing has changed for me on that score.

10. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with Miki is that he doesn't have the space to operate in that he had on the BuLi which is why he fares better in Europe and when we play bigger clubs. The thing I like about his game is that he always doesn't look for the safe pass. Hopefully he comes around sooner or later.

11. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think you're right to a degree. I don't necessarily think it's the space that he's missing. In my opinion he's missing the quick-passing players that interchange position frequently like he had at Dortmund. The offense there was much more fluid and he benefited from that.

benni... repped this.
  12. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably a little bit of both. I think they are both symptoms of teams bunkering against us. We have to be very patient in possession as a result and we don't really have the option to play one touch football. I am looking for him to have a better game against Liverpool since they will actually press.

13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thomas Meunier reveals he is frustrated at times, with his lacks games this season.

www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/thomas-meunier-admits-to-psg-frustration/671105

Still early, but this is something United needs to keep an eye on (especially with him being a confessed United fan and all).
    Would be surprised to see PSG willing to sell, but if they were, United have to be ready to move quick on this.

14. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn't know that DDG doesn't have a release clause. Not smart by the club if true.

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure that United did insert a release clause when he re upped 2yrs ago. Something like €40mil or so, but it doesn't matter anyway because release clauses in England are not enforceable, like they are in Spain.
    Which works in our favor in this instance because Dave is worth at least twice as much anyway.
    And while anything is possible in this day and age, if Real couldn't get him, I feel pretty confident that PSG won't either. The point of him contemplating Real was to go back to Spain and going to a club where he could win things. And it's safe to say that United are competitive nowadays or at least, well on their way to be...

18. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Q: What the ******** does Le10 sport know about English football?

A: Nothing

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Massive rumors beginning about a half hour ago throughout the British cyberbloid that Ozil has told his teammates he's joining United in January.

Arsenal Transfer News: Mesut Ozil Tells Team-Mates He'll Join ...
    Bleacher Report-31 minutes ago
    Mesut Ozil has reportedly told his Arsenal team-mates he is going to leave the club and sign for Manchester United. The World Cup winner is ...
    Paper Round: Mesut Ozil tells team-mates he's joining Man Utd ...
    Eurosport.com-19 minutes ago

Mesut Ozil moves closer to January exit with Arsenal looking to find ...
    DeathRattleSports.com-11 hours ago

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil wants to join Manchester United when ...
    International-Daily Mail-16 minutes ago

Arsenal's Mesut Ozil so confident Manchester United transfer WILL ...
    Highly Cited-Mirror.co.uk-57 minutes ago

Mesut Ozil tells Arsenal team-mates he will join Manchester United ...
    International-Metro-26 minutes ago

22. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cant really put into words how much I dont want Ozil anywhere near our club.

Mou managed to get a tune out of him for a while at Real, but for the most part he is a lazy, disinterested, weak, journeyman who belongs at a club like Arse.

Mou may get something from him for a while, but will be a weight around the clubs neck after.

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 and SyedZada repped this.
  23. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New contract ploy from Özil? A reliable source has not reported on it yet. If he does come that's probably the end of Mata.

24. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Metro claiming Fellaini turned down our opening offer in contract negotiations.

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's that, but also I just don't see Jose paying any kind of fee for Ozil, when he'll be able to get him for free just a few months later. Also, if Miki keeps on failing to impress, I really could see a scenario where Jose decides to go with Zlatan at the 10, or at least using a setup where both he and Lukaku are on the pitch together, for most of the games.
    As far as Ozil goes, the fact that he'd be available for nothing and the fact that he's perhaps played his best football under Jose, are really the main pros about him. It can be said however that it was a few years ago and Ozil has proved inconsistant at best in his club career with Arsenal (he is clealy a different player with Germany though). His age and the very high salary he'd command are potential worries as well.
    Ultimately, I can see why Jose might be interested, but he really should be a backup option at best, after other more viable options fail to pan out. This appears more and more to be contract/agent machinations though: just last week, he was the one claiming that talks with Arsenal were going well. Fishy...