Beat Trades No. 1 Dispersal Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Atlanta Beat' started by ATL Beat GM, Feb 2, 2010.

1. futbolreal

futbolreal Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Spreading the gospel:

1 - Form a community advisory group that represents the different fan bases the team is trying to attract. Let this advisory group help develop and implement a community marketing plan. The end result is they and the respective communities/fan bases they represent will become more vested in the long term success of the team.
    2 - Develop a young professionals advisory group along the lines of no. 1.
    3- Have a document that defines the roles and responsibilities of these groups.
    4 - Get Big Soccer members, community leaders and players to give input on who should be on these advisory groups. Some players will have contacts in the Atlanta area that you might not be aware of.
    5- Be creative, make sure it is fun with challenges and awards.
    6. Good luck.

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just figured out that St. Louis traded Angie Woznuk (Kerr) to you. I watched Angie play four years at Portland. She is an absolute sweetheart, and the fans here loved her. On the field, she has some of the best passing skills you'll see. If I lived anywhere near Atlanta, rather than 3,000 miles away, I'd be traveling to every game just to watch her play.

3. ATLBeat News

ATLBeat News New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
  4. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, Other teams should do the same.....much more transparency than the WPS website Transactions News

5. Garrettt

Garrettt Member

Jun 30, 2003
    Canton, GA
    Good idea. With it listed as a blog you can do interviews (hint hint) and other things like that and post it for everyone also.

6. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Hey Bonnie,

How about moving this forum and the Philly forum out of expansion into the main team area? They're bona fide teams now.

7. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second that.

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I put in a request yesterday for the admins to move them, although it could be a couple days before it happens.

9. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See in American sports since you can't buy every player like in Europe, you don't trade Peyton Manning for abunch of decent players because Peyton Manning>>>>>them. The same case with Marta. The Beat are ass. This trade was the beginning of the end. When I heard they did this, I knew I wasn't going to waste my time on this crappy product. This is Atlanta pro sports 101. How to be the dumbest around, the Atlanta sports legacy. The Beat aren't even half of what the first Beat was. I liked that team, they were smart and good. This team is terrible.