BBs article on MLS site !!

Discussion in 'Borough Boys' started by napolisoccer, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orlando City drew 200+ members of our various supporters groups to a meeting with Don Garber last year.

2. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thats awesome!

Yea - the league asked us to cap it at 30-40 as the auditorium only held 500 people and they wanted local leaders, union people, local soccer etc there.

3. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    "In the meantime, the Borough Boys will be supporting the NASL New York Cosmos, who are expected to begin play in the fall of 2013. And they'll get behind the NYC2 project best they can"

I understand the article is old, but is this how it is? You guys support Cosmos now and in 2015 you'll move on to FCNY? I don't believe it for a second, but I'd like somebody of you guys to tell me that.

4. Cesar T

Cesar T Member

Oct 28, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know alot of the Borough Boys and I don't see anyway in hell that they will support NYCFC. Just like them, many of us have waited for a team in NY and not just a team in NY but also for the team to be about NY.
    NYCFC is not NY, its a Manchester City team. I'm pretty sure that the Borough Boys share the same sentiment, but we are not Manchester City.
    The NY Cosmos play in NY, they have roots in NY and that's why I support them and pretty sure thats why the Borough Boys will never support NYCFC

As we have chanted many times during home games " Non Siamo Manchester City"...Italian for "We Are Not Manchester City!"

manny84, brentgoulet and Sam U El repped this.
  5. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey, I'm from Italy man, I need no translation! :))
    Thanks for the explanation, it's quite clear now and I am actually quite happy about it, that you guys will stick to your team rather than some bulls**t fake NY new team

6. Cesar T

Cesar T Member

Oct 28, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry...didn't realize that!
    Come out and support the team next year!

7. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's horrible. As i've said from the start, it's Man City USA and a video like that a the proposed branding / uniforms floating around just prove that. In 10 years I'm sure Garber will be wondering why this team failed just like Chivas USA has.