Bautista vs Mendoza

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Various Styles, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I have watched them play and recently not in 99 when Jp Rodriguez and Osorno were on the brink of greatness.

You clearly missed the point. THe fact that you dont keep up with the youth teams only tells me that you speak of a subject matter you know nothing of. And I guess I am more stupid for even arguing witrh someone that doesnt know the subject.

And saw all the libertadores games where Mendoza didn't stand out from the rest.

they were playing 2-4 games per week, and he contributed greatly

And I also see plenty of Mexican soccer and Im sure people do so here too.

We have certain people on these baords (IE Various Styles) that dont watch certain teams like America... yet they talk about certain players from that certain team... as if they watch the games?

He has told me numerous times.... numerous times on msn messenger that he does not waste his time watching Americrap.

How the hell are you then going comment on something if you dont know the subject? Please do explain.

Same goes for you? I have asked numerous times? tell me about those youth teams? Tell me about their track record and how both have grown into the players.

Yet know one answers..

Fact is compadre....one has a proven track record of growth. The other doesn.t He is a head case

Plus I don't follow a team so im not as biased as some people who think that every America players is better than the rest or that every Chivas players is better etc. (And Im not refering to anyone here on this boards but to many fans of the MFL who suport teams).

how long you have been watching it? Or are you that type of fan that goes with the winner?

So you can keep your arrogance about how you are the one who truly knows about MFL and the rest of us are idiots but there still no way that Mendoza is faster and more skillful than Bofo.

I would much rather be arrogant than ignorant. At least I can back it up... thank you

We had a discussion like this also a while back about a youth player... Alejandro Nava...most guys didnt even remember him... and then this past draft... when America gets him on loan,,... everybody acts like they knew him and bla bla bla....

Just look at the game right now... see how skillfull he is. He has 2 right feet. I am actually rooting for the guy.. I want Bofo to light up Toluca's ass because Toluca is in America's gruop. But no luck...Bofo is losing every other ball

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    rdl

A striker is payed to score goals, if he lacks in that department then he should at least contribute to them. Mendoza is neither. He is not in the Top goals scorers list and nowhere to be seen as a leader in assists.

He contributes to his team greatly as a workhorse. Thats all. Lightning quick yadda yadda but he is not a power forward. the National team is for the best of the best, will you say Mendoza is the best goal scorer, the best in assists. Now you claim he can play in the wing's. Is he the best in that department. What does it say of the Mexican National Team when a player that is clearly not the best ends up in the Starting 11.. ?

3. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm picking Mendoza. Bofo really had a chance to show something during the Gold Cup and didn't. I don't think Mendoza has gotten a chance like that yet. I'd like to see him leave America and play for a team that will actually give him some continuity.

4. Capitan Galan

Capitan Galan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Estado de Mexico
    My vote goes to "El BOFO"
    Pero aun tiene que dar el estiron!

5. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bautista

Easily Bautista, he has the potential of going to europe. Mendoza is dammed to be a bench warmer ala Ole Gunnar but without the scoring.

6. Capitan Galan

Capitan Galan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Estado de Mexico
  7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    updates?

evolution or revolution, where are they now?
    in your opinion..........

8. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Re: rdl = Really Dumd Lad

]

I could have sworn that last year he was a necaxa fan. :D

9. SolitaryMan

SolitaryMan New Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Bofo is becoming a great team player.I think he relize that he better shape up and not cause problems with his teammates if he want a europe team to call him up.He should have one more chance at el tri,to prove himself.

10. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    Ironic it seems

Its pretty clear who was right and who was wrong in this discussion.. But the ironic thing is the 2 teams that they played with both were playing in the final and the Guy that deserved it didint get the Trophy! Bofo deserved that title yet mendoza only scoring 3 boring goals got to be on the winning team.. sad

Bad points -- He is not selected to play on the national team WHY?

11. Danck989

Danck989 Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Canada

hahahaha i hope he was joking..

12. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Voted: None

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rick is that you?

14. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Kaney, icybauer, Colima24 and 3 others repped this.
  15. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Answer the question though, who was better? Who was right?

Kaney repped this.
  16. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    I was just here to epic bump and tag @Colima24 @LGRod and @Don Boppero 3000

Kaney and Colima24 repped this.
  17. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    depressing. I don't want there to be a Bueno/Fierro or Espericueta/Gutierrez thread in 10 years time.

18. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    We could start a gio one now, or at least if he doesn't leave galaxy soon

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This video settles the argument :

Can anyone find a better MendoCrap goal compilation? Tip: You wont.. Check and Mate.

20. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    please bring back the loud mouth cocky vergara back :cry:

icybauer, AMLO2018, LGRod and 2 others repped this.
  21. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    gold cup with hugo + world cup 2010 negate anything he did in his life, ever.

LGRod repped this.
  22. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At club level Bautista wins the debate hands down, Mendoza was on the rise but like so many other young wide eyed prospects got money and lost intensity. National team level both were awful or also had the misfortune of being in form when the national team was in tatters.

23. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bofo was beast back then

24. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013