Battery to play Rangers FC July 6

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, May 11, 2016.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JBG - Bribe Taker repped this.
  2. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think this will sell out, even on a Wednesday night. Ten days is a pretty long time to stay in 1 place, I wonder how we were able to be the only side they'll play while they're in the US (although I'm sure they'll play some other local sides in training matches).

Mikey mouse repped this.
  3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think it will sell out too. been getting a lot of interest on the Regiment FB and twitter feeds

Kind of surprised this is there only match they are playing too but I know it will be a good night!

4. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder if we could work out a 1 game loan with Indy 11 for Nikki?

5. Rob James

Rob James New Member

May 12, 2016
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Looking forward to coming over for this game as are many of my friends , Rangers have quite a large North American fanbase so I'm sure it will sell out as well.

In regards to only playing one game it is our pre season training camp, the manager doesn't believe in playing lots of games in pre season .

He is more concerned on working on fitness pre season , last season we only played three games pre season, two were behind closed doors against Tottenham Hotspur and Ayr United .

The other was against Burnley at Ibrox, we will probably have another game lined up to play at Ibrox this year when we return from the USA.

But this could change if we win next week's Scottish Cup Final against Hibs because we then would be eligible to play in the Europa League .

The qualifying rounds for that start in July and we will have to play in at least two of those to progress to the league stage .

Charleston Battery will be a good challenge for us and as I said before I am really looking forward to coming over for it .

Mister Obvious repped this.
  6. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More and more European teams are coming to the States for their preseason. I think 2 things are in play, they want to tap into the US market and attract more fans and they want to train in blistering heat so their players can shed the extra weight they put on after going on holiday!! :) The part about our climate that makes it even worse is the humidity. Heat is one thing but the humidity is like altitude, it's brutal. In the past, we've had Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton and West Brom all visit us for preseason and the players and the fans all say, "how do you play in this sh$t weather?"

Keep an eye out here and on the Regiment Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Regiment843/) for pre-game tailgating plans, that's something most American sports teams do quite well, is getting together in the parking lot before the game for a bite to eat and a beer. Everyone is welcome. Can't wait.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets to the Battery’s match against 54-time Scottish Premier League Champions Rangers Football Club are on sale now. The two teams will meet at MUSC Health Stadium on July 6th, kickoff is at 7:00pm and gates open at 5:00pm. Tickets start at $35 and can be purchased here or by calling 843-971-4625.
    Rangers will participate in a 10-day preseason training camp in Charleston prior to the match with the Battery. The game is the only scheduled match that Rangers will play in the U.S.A. in 2016.
    Traveling fans can find local hotel information, including special discounted rates, here.
    With 54 league championships, 33 Scottish Cups, and 34 Scottish League Cups, Rangers have won more league titles and trebles than any club in the world. The Light Blues competed in Scotland’s first division every year from the date of the team’s inception in 1872 until 2012. Most recently, Rangers won the Scottish Championship, sealing the team’s return to top-flight football for the 2016-2017 season.
    Also of note for fans interested in attending the international friendly is the completion of a major project at MUSC Health Stadium: the 3,000 square foot video board is up and running. The jumbotron will offer fans a new, more interactive experience in the stadium and will be heavily utilized during RFC’s visit.

8. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey mouse repped this.
  9. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club: