Battery qualify for Playoffs

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with seven points from the dreaded Northwest passage, Charleston puts itself in as a legitamit contender for the USL crown this season.

Sweeping Montreal, Seattle, Vancouver, and Portland. A win in Rochester. the Team is winning games they would have drop in the last couple seasons. Kudos to Auggie and Waston.

The boys look good, are healthy and look to ride the wave into the championship match.

If Rochester faulter in one of their next two matches, Battery Rochester match here at home will decide who get the second place playoff round bye.

Up the Battery!!!

2. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sorry, Mikey, but Rotchester leads the Batts by a point. They can beat Minn (a probable), lose to the Batts and still get the bye. A loss at Minn will make the final game huge.

The lack of wins in 8 games vs Atlanta and PR and the loss to Toronto at their park are looming large.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I guess I should have said IF Rochester faulter in their next match (or get a draw) Then when the Battery win over Rochester that will get the boyz a second place.

I wonder if the FO wants the draw or not. I'm sure they would love to have an extra match finacially, but historically Playoff matches are not the best attended. combine short lead up time for marketing and lack of some season ticket passes including Playoff matches. Of course I don't htink many people would have thought the Battery would be talking about a second round bye at the begining of the season.

Up the Battery

4. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    I surely would like to see another shot at PR or the Apes. A lack of support after such an outstanding season would be a kick in the pants for the players and management. They'll just have to spend a few bucks to get the word out.