Basketball Game (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Goodsport, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just realized that there's almost no chance the player will be mine.

"Auction Ends: 5/31/2008 3:31:26 PM"

I have to be at a wedding in Cary tomorrow at exactly that time. Son of a...

2. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Can't imagine how a 20yo doesn't pop in OD after 3 weeks of pressure training (again, one of them PG only). Hopefully underestimating the difference between an 8 and 10 trainer.

3. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    send superflyguy a message asking him about training speed on rusu since he got him

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    C'mon, we're family here- just share! :D

5. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    dont think my players are near their soft cap yet we are that far behind KDB

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I'm suspecting a couple of mine are, because their "secondaries" are so high. If the soft cap is a cumulative number, than I likely am close with some of my guys.

7. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    He hasn't trained him consistently at one skill, so hard to say if he's hit a cap.

Harrell's cumulative skills add up to 76, not including stam/ft. Nanos and Boris are 73 and 68. All three are higher than any of my inside players who range from 56-65.

If those outside players are nearing their cap, looks like I'll be back to inside training sooner than planned.

8. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    my inside guys range from 62-67 & i havent noticed any reduced training.

maybe all star does cap around 75-80 then, although i find this hard to imagine given that the 10 player skills can range from 0-200, just seems a bit low unless they made the all-time great cap sit at around 180 or another number under 200??

hopefully it is just the difference a lvl 8 trainer brings as you said before, or i am going to have to re-evaluate my training plans for next season onwards.

i guess you will have to start training FT or form sooner than expected as well, or invest in some higher potential players?

9. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Though it's not realistic to think a player can train to perfect all-lengedary level. For instance, an 18yo with respectable in every skill would be a total of 70. If you trained that player so they popped every other week from the age of 18 to 25, they'd still only total 126.

Na, if it was around 75 or so that's still pretty high. Your 67 would still have a full season of training at least. All of my inside players could likely train a couple more seasons, which is what I'd do.

10. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    fair point. at least you find out in 13.5 hours a little more about the soft cap.

11. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Based on the pasting my inside crew took last night in the B3, I'm likely to abandon guard training after this week anyways. If he doesn't pop this week, then its pretty good sign he has, if not, won't be training any further to find out.

12. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    $4m stogey

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    he's def a stud - but why are you thanking me?

14. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    couldnt find the sarcastic smiley, thanking you for getting him just before you play me

took a raping today by turkey, was resting the burger for our game, bet i lose that as well :rolleyes:

found it now

15. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Going into this week I pegged your game as my highest chance of losing, so you'll likely be facing my worst lineup. Noble Boucher, the Waterboy, will probably start at PG.

16. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    That was a helluva 8 point third quarter I shared today. Glad I wasn't watching that live.

17. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    good, after the free kick ice got from KDB last week i need all the advantages i can get

18. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Just set the lineup. Anderson, Morande, Kline all should not play. Norman, Boucher, and Pradere are all starting and they suck major ass.

Of course I'm TIE'ing so you do the same. And please be gentle with your lineup!

19. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    hope some of the teams from the B3 benefits thread dont stumble across this :cool:

norman is still decent for a shutdown role, dont think his def would've dropped since u bought him from me

*just set my team to play CT & Bielansky is starting*

*note, only 1 part of that line is true, take a guess which :p

20. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    So 20yo Harrell popped in OD after 4 weeks. My other OD pop was for 22yo Nanos, in 3 weeks.

Like to keep training guards for most this season. Both Nanos/Boris are 22yo, and likely will be key players for awhile. Harrell doesn't need training, but he's a key player for the US NT too.

Inside players are 20,20,21,22. Seems like it makes more sense to go back to inside training.

21. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    liking the new game scores at the top of the page, not a fan of the 'countdown' but it will save time if you log in at the start of a game & dont need to go to the schedule page.

new features are good :)

22. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    The countdown is great, I get to count down until my beating tonight.

23. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    countdown is a reminder of how much time left for crewdust to respond to my mutual tie request

24. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    The only way he usually responds to those is with a non-TIE.

25. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Saying I should CT w/ my backups, right?