Basile's Starting Line Up vs Brazil? 2006

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Castroman, Aug 8, 2006.

1. cabanes

cabanes New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    world citizen
    If he plays well in Spain, maybe he'll get recalled to the national team...
    But frankly I have just about had enough with Riquelme. When he played with Boca he was faster and actually ran, now he doesn't. I would have much rather like dInsua playing in Riquelme's position from the beginning. When Insua came on, riquelme was already in the game and with roman playing "armador" Insua looked a little strange out there because that's what he is used to playing.

2. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Too true. I think someone like Aimar could have helped in this game. His speed could have helped the attack loads. Plus having a center forward would have helped

3. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm sorry to do this again but it's OUR not ARE.

4. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

just ignore him. if it were to get out of hand and schit like this flooded the message boards then yes. he's probably some bitter jerk. don't worry about it.

5. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

If you're referring to Insua, he plays in Germany, not Spain.
    Riquelme didn't play as badly as everyone thinks. I don't know that he's the best option for the team but he plays well enough that he should pretty much always be considered. Aimar should have been called up IMO and we needed a center forward and better defense. The plays that were organized were effective- it was the lack of finishing.

6. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    :eek:
    what are you saying man. i know we can play without Messi or Tevez or Aguero or even Maradona but the truth is we play better with Messi if he is used correctly. Messi can't play as a striker and he can't play as our playmaker just yet, but if we play him as a left winger with Aimar/Riquelme as playmaker and give them roam freely(Messi and Riquelme/Aimar), then you will see importance of Messi. however we need 2 strikers up front.

seriously i am a huge Riquelme fan but i think when we have very fast guys like Aguero, Tevez and Messi why the hell do we want to slow the pace of our game. these guys play better in speed, so why not change one man for this 3 up-coming stars? anyway i will be happy to see Riquelme getting 1 more chance with this guys and proving himself. if not it's time to call someone else.

7. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    im tired of this shit, i liked riquelme at boca and v'real but as the nt he is too pecho frio; man he doesnt play like he should. other than that im happy basile got owned. and i think that he will try other player ex. cavegol, saja, gonzalo rodriguez, milito, etc. especially for copa america.

8. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
  9. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    I guess its my turn to comment?

first of all i think basile's tactics were actually right! the players did not perform and finally u all agree with me that riquelme is garbage? and messi is a midfielder not a striker? :>:>:>

second of all mascherano was trash! Lucho didnt look like he was there! Bilos the best midfielder!

defense was ************ clemente was good, zabaleta was awesome!!!

messi played well as a striker although hes not! tevez is just going down in my opinion! he thinks he's in a fight not a football match! Aguero is the man! sorry but they didnt pass him much balls and when he did get the ball it was dangerous!

i think throw out that old jack off world cup squad start calling in D`Alessandro, Rosales, Castroman, Gago, Barrientos!!! i dont give a a shit if they play in europe or hell a good player is a good player!

and now u all agree that we need a tall big number 9 ha? i said it the other day most of u disagreed :>

Pato, Coloccini, Millito, Samuel???? dude they took their time! step down its time for palleta, garay, botinelli to take theres! and of course Heinze! full backs were good today!

that whole world cup roster! i'd take Maxi, Messi, and thats it and seriously aguero did prove something today! that hes talent!

and if any brazilian wants to join here and make fun of this team go ahead but we're still gonna have some more games with u and dont worry once our boys get to know basile well and our new team comes up ull be wishing u can tie us :>

and dont ever in ur whole life compare gago to mascherano cause masche is not even in gago's league!!!!!!

10. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The moment you called Masche trash you stepped into the "False" column. Despite playing injured, he was solid, and Gago isn't fit to wash his cleats yet.

11. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    gago is just an invention of tyc and clarin, seriously he doesnt impress me. not one bit,

12. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    100% correct.

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    You've got to be kidding. I know you have an obvious anti-Boca bias but come on .:rolleyes:

Gago is key for Boca's midfield. Today he didn't have the best of games but so far he''s been very impressive. He's usually all over the place, he stays back but he also lieks to attack through the wings mostly every once in a while. I don't think he's as good as Mascherano yet but he's still a big key to Boca's success.

I guess you're still bitter over the massacre of last week.

14. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no seriouslyt speaking he hasnt impress me and there are alot of people that think the same. to me he hasnt done what the media is saying. i feel like he is like robinho he does good until he has to step up for the team and he fails. i think that on the nt masche should stay there and other than that we should look at demichelis or somoza hell i like that pecho frio/failure of battaglia alot more than gago.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    When has he failed when he has to step up for his team??? I agree that Mascherano should stay as the DM on the team but Gago should get a shot to play next to him like Cambiasso did at the WC. Gago can play a similar role.

But you do seem a little bitter towards Boca ;).

16. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i guess its something with being a father and all:D . we have different points of view, my real hatred is to argentine media that overexaggereates anything associatd with river or boca, ex if lavezzi would play for boca or river he'd be labled as the next big thing instead his good kid. also if boca wind 7-1 to san lorenzo their on the cover of ole now if san lorenzo wins 7-1 guess whos on the cover, boca. that's i hate.

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are bitter but thats okay. Gago being overrated? I doubt you watch him play regularly at all. Not for BOCA or the the youth teams. He's being linked to some of the biggest clubs in the world and I don't think it's on the word of Ole'. My guess is that they've actually seen him play but I could be wrong. Doubt it though.

18. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    if this thread turns into a river boca thing i'm gonna get mad guys :cool:

i'm warning u :cool:

p.s. and san lorenzo :cool:

19. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata
    sorry IDS, I have to ask everyone, what do people see in lucho!?!?! this guys is really unremarkable.. I have yet to see him doing anything that is worthy. He should never be in the starting line-up. As much as people lament Cuchu, he's at least 5x better than lucho..

lucho is crap if you ask me.. somebody show me something he has done??

20. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3564585139667750675&q=Lucho+gonzalez&hl=en

21. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    careful gaucho, his mother might be reading.

22. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    lol :D

23. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

Seconded.

24. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i actually do watch him, and like i said i like many others think that he is overrated, some think his the best some dont. i never said that the kid is bad to me he is a decent player but its like i said with lavezzi if he was playing under a different team not that of boca-river than he would be a good kid but nothing more. as a matter of fact im not bitter ab out the loss seeinbg as it could bring the end of the zabino era.

25. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    No need to call our players trash. I did not think Mascherano had the best of games, his passing was particularly poor today.

For me the problem starts and finishes with Riquelme. Sure he does provide some good passes but look at the huge price we have to pay.

I think Coloccini had a solid game and Bilos was probably MOTM for Argentina. I have watched the game once and not planning to watch it again so take that with a grain of salt.

Basile barely had one training session with the NT. We have to be realistic, what exactly do you expect him to achieve in such short time ? Give the man a chance.