News: Bas Dost & Vincent Janssen

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Gilbertsson, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't know what your infatuation is, maybe you should have a threesome with these 2 guys

2. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The same things were said about Ruud van Nistelrooy, while he was in PSV. It's easy to score in weaker league, he is old, if he really has talent, he would be revealed earlier, until Old Trafford mentioned Ruud, Ruud, Ruud.;)

P to the Wee repped this.
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dont remember anyone saying that about Ruud @ PSV

4. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Foreign media mentioned this, when he was bought by Man. United. Many players were under critical tones in Man. United, why were they bought...Roy Keane started to make critics. He also became removed.

5. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #30 Gilbertsson, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Sat 15 Oct West Bromwich - Tottenham 16:00

Please note that forthcoming matches dates and times are subject to change.

Vincent Janssen will have a nice chance to demonstrate his skills.:)

The Gladiator

[​IMG]

6. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  7. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Vincent Janssen participated as a starting forward player in a match of his Tottenham Hotspur and WBA.

https://www.premierleague.com/match/14119

The formation was 4-1-4-1, with Janssen as a lonely attacker, number 9.

[​IMG]

8. Neeskens78

Neeskens78 New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Every player has an off day my friend.

Yeah I remember that huge chance Huntelaar screwed up by dwelling on the ball against Brazil- my neighbours would remember it too I think because I was yelling at the tv set. But hey - we had the game won by then in reality and a 3rd goal was only a bonus.

9. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Bas Dost Session (Stardost)

[​IMG]

10. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Isn't this thread a form of trolling or something ?

I mean what do we care about who got the more possession between Tottenham and WBA on the dutch topics., it isn't even about Janssen...

11. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't get me wrong, I like both Janssen and Dost.

But if you compare them with the strikers we had in the past.

Cruyff
    Van Basten
    Bergkamp
    Kluivert
    Van Hooijdonk
    Hasselbaink
    Makaay
    Van Nistelrooij
    Van Persie
    Huntelaar

Damn, some of these guys didn't even start as much because we we're stacked infront.

12. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Simmer, the key words, that you mentioned are: the past
    Bas Dost and Vincent Janssen are better than Jordi Cruyff and Van Hooijdonk.
    Hasselbaink was talented, but without tactcal approach. That's why, he was on the bench.
    Dost & Janssen are the presence. I am writing about their excellent accomplishments in 2016. I am not comparing them so much with other players in the past. Currently, Netherlands doesn't have stronger attackers than these two. I don't include older players with some memory on their great games at recent national team events.

13. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL you're joking about Jordi right, because I meant his legendary father Johan.
    Ok fair, but not agreeing with you that Dost & Janssen are better than Van Hooijdonk was.
    His freekicks alone were a terrific weapon and he scored loads of goals in 5 different leagues.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  14. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I really thought that you mean on Jordi, since all your players are from 90's, 2000'2.

Van Hooijdonk doesn't have the team spirit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Pierre-van-Hooijdonk-dispute-rumbles-on.html

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/van-hooijdonk-why-i-called-van-persie-ahole

Nothing serious here. In his retirement, he should watch carefully to maintain any perspective reputation. Other Dutch retired footballers act cultural.

He just feels envy moments towards Van Persie. Van Persie is proclaimed success; success of Arsenal, Manchester United, which is called international career.

http://www.fearthewall.com/2016/10/18/13311088/sporting-cp-vs-borussia-dortmund-key-matchups

"PLAYER TO WATCH: Bas Dost

If the Dutchmen is in the lineup against Dortmund, he will tough to contain. Dost came over to Sporting from Wolfsburg and had a relatively successful stint in the Bundesliga. Since joining the Lisbon club, Dost has scored once in just two matches and will use his past Bundesliga experience to terrorize Dortmund."

15. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The poet among footballers - Dostoyevsky.

"On 28 August 2016, Sporting CP announced that they had signed Dost for €10 million, potentially rising to €12 million, and a buyout clause of €60 million.[24] He made his debut on 10 September at home to Moreirense F.C., concluding a 3–0 win;[25] thirteen days later he scored for the third successive game, netting twice in a 4–2 victory over G.D. Estoril Praia again at the Estádio José Alvalade."

€10 million seems very low for this type of footballer.
    €40 - 45 millions - at least, according to independent football experts, with economic and investment knowledge. Invest more, to get more. Dost It.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^With that level of buyout clause, Dost will remain at Sporting until the end of his career.

17. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Atletico Madrid, Manchester United, Monaco, Roma, he is their type of reliable material. Sporting will be his major push up and impact. His goalkeeping opponents can only forfeit themselves in destiny of this successful and influential player - Bas Dost.

The question is when?

My prediction is in 2017. Clymax of creative design, balanced with distinguished approach and patience. Bas Dost adjusts, embraces his team players in a vivid branch of energy, symbiosis and hard to predict technique. His arrival is a perfect horizon for the football future. Europe can only be thankful to have him.:)

P to the Wee repped this.
  18. Okay, now you are in the territory of Mr.S's adoration level of KlaasJan Huntelaar a few years ago, which sparked a heated debate.

19. Especially not the Ajax supporters after he blew Ajax out of the water in the ArenA:p:D:):cool::sneaky:

20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What a ridiculous comment - I only preferred the Hunter as a ST because he was a decent ST over a disease named RVP for the NT. Never cared or adored about Hunter, I couldn't bear the injustice of having a decent goal scorer stay in the bench for a disease!

21. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Independent Expert Transfermrkt values him at 7.5M Euros. So 10M was overpaying. 45M not even Chinese clubs would pay for him!

Orange14 repped this.
  22. That's not how the posters then judged it. Someone even called you a troll and I defended you against that accusation!

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Guys, please don't bring up past disagreements. I don't want to censor posts because things get out of hand. Let the past rest in peace!!! Take this as a gentle warning.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dont remember that game [​IMG]

25. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Maybe he had a good point, when he defended career of K. J. Huntelaar.