Barcelona vs Spurs, CL, December 11th, 3 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Rose blasts over after a beautiful lay-off from Kane

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    This is agonizing!

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    4 minutes stoppage time

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    into stoppage time in Milan.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    WE ARE THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    we're through. 1-1 fulltime in Milan.

unbelievable.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Inter 1-1 PSV! Never in doubt!

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Credit also to our fitness coaches we ran 120 km to Barca's 114 on that massive Camp Nou pitch!

BalanceUT repped this.
  9. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Remember that time we went away to Barca and got a result to go through in the Champions League?

BalanceUT repped this.
  10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    That was a hell of a game. And thank you to PSV.

I thought Walker Peters looked a lot better than he did in that cup match. Other than the goal of course. It looked it was going to be one of those games...so many chances.

11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I did not anticipate making it through to the next stage. Certainly not drawing 1-1. Well done to Pochettino & the lads for navigating a very tricky schedule with only one real blemish to show for it.

Now if there’s any justice in the world our round of 16 draw will be kinder than the group stage. Which of course means we’ll draw Munich, Madrid or PSG.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Final group standings:

Barca 14
    Spurs 8
    Inter 8
    PSV 2

How sweet it is!

13. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wow, what a game and what a "win"!
    I really think this spurs team is maturing with every game they lately play, it's somehow we finally reached the critical mass and are ready for the next level.
    I believe, COYS!!!

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    well, color me impressed.

I came into this one with one primary thought in mind - don't concede early. when we did, I envisioned a very long - and very unsavory - night. but how composed were we (ok, they - I really wasn't) after the goal? steady as hell - including Kyle Walker-Peters, it must be said. and coming down the stretch, after squandering so many chances … and you're thinking to yourself, "it just isn't going to be our day" … but it was, because Spurs were one committed, composed, quality unit tonight.

much more of that and 'spursy' will have a whole different definition.

BalanceUT repped this.
  15. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    ESPN right now

“Salah, Alisson Heroic”

“Spurs Sneak in to the Knockouts”

Sure whatever ESPN

16. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GREAT! I missed the heroics because I had to go pick up daughter and spouse. COYS!!!

17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Watching the highlights … look at Kane after the goal. Whether he knew what was happening at the San Siro or not he knew a win was guaranteed progress. Tiny celebration, but urging the boys back to the halfway line to try for a second.

BalanceUT and soccernutter repped this.
  18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they are they really that important? ;)

(Of course, I missed it 100% until checking about 20 minutes ago, watching highlights, and then reading this thread.)

BalanceUT repped this.
  19. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It looked for the longest time like it wasn't going to be our night but wow, what a combo by Kane and Lucas.

Forget the fact that we had enough chances to win the game outright. What matters is that our best players came through in the clutch as they did tonight, as they did vs Inter and as they did vs PSV. Maybe its time to redefine to word 'spursy.'

BalanceUT repped this.
  20. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn what a result... We did what looked impossible a few weeks ago. Kane the consummate professional gets us through yet again and it’s that keep going for it mentality that’s becoming part of the fabric of the team. Loooovvve It! On to the knockout round...COYS!!!

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Good point. After the game Hugo and Harry told reporters that they didn't know the result in the other game and even after the final whistle there was still confusion amongst the players until they saw the reaction of the supporters (6,000 Spurs fans by the way were in the ground!). And even at 1-1, I was still convinced that Inter would score a late winner (and in fact Icardi missed a sitter 4 minutes into stoppage time that would have sent us out). I still remember vividly that crazy finish in the PL with the 2 Manchester clubs when United were champions at full-time at Sunderland until City produced their miracle finish at the Etihad.

22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sometimes you need the luck to go your way in knockout competitions. Coutinho, who was excellent for them, hit the post twice at 1-0 and then think of those late goals we got vs. PSV, Inter and last night, plus Gazzaniga's one on one save vs. Malen in the PSV game at Wembley - if that goes in, we are in the Europa League.

But the best thing about last night is it shuts up the Arsenal and Chelski fans (and their supporters in the London media) who were sharpening their knives with 10 minutes to go. Now they will have to watch us playing CL football in our new ground while they play Thursday night football. They will have to content themselves with rehashing the stories about Poch going to Real Madrid or Manure and us having trouble holding on to our best players.

23. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    R16 options...

Not Barca (our group) or Man City (nationality protected for this round only)

So it's one of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, Juventus, Dortmund or Porto.

Some real heavyweights to deal with there, but whoever it is we'll do 'em at WHL :thumbsup:

24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    No need to have the draw, everyone knows Man U or Liverpool will get Porto and we'll get Juve or PSG.