Barcelona, Madrid and Maybe Some Other Teams - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JamesA, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow, how did Benzema not score there?

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just realized the best goalkeepers come from the most attack-minded leagues. Week after weeks facing the most attack minded players and teams has got to mold you into a consistently good goalkeeper.

3. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know we have and will praise Valencia and Scholes for our recent success and rightfully so, but with the proper partner, Carrick has been great too and should be given props.

1 person likes this.
  4. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I never thought about it that way, but watching this match and De Gea this season makes me think you are definitely on to something. It has to sharpen the reflexes.

5. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What about Rooney, Rio and Evans? :mad:

6. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Who made you think of that?

7. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Madrid are choking this title away.

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the best goalkeeping performances have consistently been in La Liga and Bundesliga. Moreover the best goalkeeping prospects that keep popping up are from the same leagues. There absolutely has to be a correlation between the two.

9. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    It has been a tremendous weekend.

10. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd agree with SirManc's statement, simply because in an attack minded league it would seem that the keepers have more responsibility than the occasional stop in 0-0 stale draw.

11. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Also, I dive, i saw what you said about Raul and I fully agree. I read that there was some tension between him and his manager in Germany but he's really seemed to be at home there and I hope he stays.

The thing is, I don't think alot of United fans realize how close he was to joining us after he left Madrid. Sid Lowe has mentioned on twitter how close the deal was until it fell apart at the end. Can't talk shit about Michael Owen regardless after his City goal but Raul would have been far more useful or available. However he wouldn't have gotten to play as much as he has at Schalke.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think he'd be treated with the respect that he's been treated in Gelsenkirchen either. He's an idol for Schalke fans and even outside the club, the opponents treat him with admiration. For Manchester United, he'd be a good guy, but far from being even closely relevant to the club, he'd come and go without much happening.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No. That didn't even happen with Larsson who was 86757 years old when he played for us on loan!

1 person likes this.
  14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Watching MOTD2 now. Lost in all of this today is the most significant occurrence possibly in the history of football and medicine. Arsene Wenger has recovered his sight. He actually saw Balotelli's tackle on Song :eek:

15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Raul would get alot of respect here. We did clap Ronaldo after his hat trick, and I thought Raul got some applause when Schalke played against us last season? Maybe I'm making that up.

16. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because Beanyoun missed and you're the only Israeli bloke that posts on here.

----------------

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksMTx1wpI38&feature=player_embedded"]Arbeloa gets mad at Pepe for exaggerating - YouTube[/ame]

When your own players are to telling you to get up you must be doing something wrong.

1 person likes this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The officiating was shocking, once again. Penalties on Özil and Benzema not called, and Ronaldo fouled going through on goal without a foul called. We could, probably should have won it despite that, but still, pretty damn ridiculous.

Soldado came on and his only contribution of the night was to deliberately kick out at a former team mate (Marcelo). What a great guy that Roberto.

18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
  19. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    To be fair the only difference between this and any Barcelona player is that Madrid had one guy who was willing to say "Not the time or place for this BS, let's go". Every Barca player would be crowding the ref begging for a card.

20. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    So you're saying Barcelona are united and have a great team spirit? I agree.

21. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    The spin is strong with this one.

Try politics.

1 person likes this.
  22. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    And the idiot abroad just scored on spuds!

1 person likes this.
  23. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Same old spurs. Same old city.

24. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Norwich and Swansea are two of my more favorite promoted sides in recent memory.

25. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Spuds equalize.

1 person likes this.