Barcelona - AC Milan [R] 3/12/13 - CL Round of 16 (Game 2/2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Mar 9, 2013.

1. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My pick was almost on the money. I don't like consolation, but not bad given the state of the team and how the season started.

2. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    just watched highlights, theres a lot to be critical about, 1st goal, lame attempt by mexes block messi, should try to move his feet rather than do a 1 legged lunge, which he repeated for messi's 2nd, after robhinos pathetic freekick and then pass to a barca player, no one bothered to run with Epo Alba, abate just trotted back after running for vigorously for 10 miniutes which problay was why he could not keep up with alba who had ran for 90 minutes, no suspicion from me

edit, not to mention the stupid pass down the middle which lead to barcas 3rd then followed up by poor defending by constant, milan did not play with the same attention as in the 1st leg, as good as barca were milan would have gone through if they were not so summusive imo

GMangs repped this.
  3. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    no chance, maradona was a man who played in a mans game, messi is man who plays in a fairies game.

4. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    was this the amateur team? only Robinho and Abate played a decent match

5. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    robhino? really, if he did it was all renfered worthless with retardedness wich lead to the 4th goal

6. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lets not get pissy.

They won fair and square and they didn't do it cheating. They played us off the park in what was probably their best game of the season in a huge comeback win. They didn't treat us like jokers - they rested a lot of players and had thorough preperation leading up to this game.

This was a bad loss. No denying it.

Was it worse then the Deportivo collapse? Or the Liverpool scandal? No.

This is a team full of kids and lets be honest, they haven't even scratched the surface of their talent yet. The defense did all it could against a Barca team that just did a total 180 from two weeks ago. The midfield made mistakes and soo did the attack but this was perfectly predictable because we just don't have the experience yet.

The bright side is hard to think of right now, no doubt; but this experience is invaluable for these guys. They will learn from this and become stronger - it ********ing hurts and you wish it happened another way, but you have to fall flat on your face before you succeed I'm afraid.

I look forward to the future with these guys - I wasn't able to say that even a year ago.

7. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I felt almost like I did sitting at the Emirates last year about this time, the whole game. Just not happy after the loss.

8. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well he is an ex real madrid player, what were you guys expecting

all I can say is I am glad Mario was cup tied and Pazzino was injured otherwise you would have scored that goal

9. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    not me, i support napoli

10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    we started an 18 year old striker who has never scored a goal for the club and a 47 year old defensive midfielder. the result is hardly unexpected. disappointing, yes, but let's not act like we should be advancing. time to secure a CL spot for next season, and we'll see them again.

gcstorm9 and .Azulgrana. repped this.
  11. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and yet you live in Worcester, well I can't say anything as I live in London and sometimes Fidel Castro house

12. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    And once again, Allegri is a pussy. Milan will never go anywhere as long as he's in charge.

As soon as Milan are forced to attack in the second half, they immediately put Barca on the ropes. Abate, set free to run the wing finally, destroys them repeatedly on their left. Robinho comes in and actually, you knows, faces up to goal and dribbles the mother********ers, and they fall back like the bitch-ass flat track bullies they are. Milan blows some golden chances right in front of goal, you can understand that from a young and naive team, but if they come from the opening whistle with an actual attack instead of men behind the ball, they would have created more chances, enough to convert, and probably won this match.

Milan really, really deserves a better coach than Allegri. He is a Catania-level manager, and will never be more than that.

13. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I respect your opinion, but you're way off base here.

Allegri engineered this teams turnaround after one of the worst beginnings to the season in the clubs history, and he did using youth and athleticism as opposed to the prototypical old-school calcio manager-approach which is playing the old guys to protect your ass.

You also infer that Milan had "chances" and could have created "more chances" if they had attacked from the outset. Maybe you're right, but that fact is Milan needed every player behind the ball because with one mistake you have an entire wave of offense hitting you as a result. And in the midst of that onslaught we only had one clear chance on goal and unfortunately it wasn't converted.

It was only until Barca were two-up that they slowed down a bit and allowed us to get back in the game - at that point it was an open game and we had positive movements forward but there was no final ball today. You can't pin that on the coach - I'm warming up to Abate compared to how I felt about him a year or so ago, but he sucked today. I won't fault the kid for his effort but it just wasn't his moment to shine this time and I can say the same about a number of players including Boeteng, Constant, Flamini, Ambro etc.

The whole team pretty much collapsed under constant Barca shelling and lets not act like any of this was avoidable. Remember we're not a defensive team. Milan of past had the defensive pieces and then some, but this Milan is more reliant on athletic forwards and a midfield that gets heavily involved in attack as opposed to just giving the ball to Kaka and Shevchenko and letting them figure it out like the Milan of old.

With that said, Barca was winning almost every fifty-fifty ball and were fighting tooth and nail for posession on nearly every play. We don't have the mids to counter that - the ball bounced their way today all game and it was going to take an epic turn of events for us to turn the tables.

It wasn't Allegri's best game, I won't argue with you there, but Milan is establishing a young core here and Allegri is a vital part of that process.

Give this team time.

14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  15. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ^^******** I forgot about Crudelli.

Poor bastard.

16. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really feel sorry for that guy, he cares more about Milian than the rest did

17. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The rest are trolls. Inter fans/Juve fans.

3:04..that's GIF material.:D

18. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope for Tiziano that we get Juve and beat them now so that he can get his own back and I pray Tottenham go through tomorrow as well

If the Milian players had 1% if his passion, you would win the champions league

19. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He still should have finished that shot and Constant reminded me a little of Roy Miller on that slide, but still not Roy Miller esque, my RedBull LB. Want to laugh? Look what Miller did towards the end of the Redbull/San Jose game this Sunday night. Two Ambiens for me tonight, should do the trick.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

falvo repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll bet Dott. Galliani isn't signing the same tune as he was last week in regards to Allegri...

[​IMG]

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Allegri should obviously stay beyond this season.

Lets not blow this loss out of proportion. Not even 3 months ago we were kissing the ground that we made it out of our group. The Barca home victory was an aberration during a bad spell of form for them, I see that now.

We're building something here and we need Allegri going forward.

22. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We did get a little lucky no pk was called early cause of Abate.

23. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Sorry for the loss guys. No one will or should forget your first leg performance which was absolutely fantastic. It just seemed like a lot of your players were confused and abandoned the gameplan from the first leg tonight and Barcelona profited from it all, as great teams should do.

You have a young team that already managed to produce a performance for the ages against a team like this Barca, cheer up. There is a bright future in your club and you can only go forward from here. Gain more experience, learn from this, and bring in some more promising/proven players and you can build on your good work so far. I know fully what Milan are capable of, and they can do better than this, just like Barca could do better than what they did at San Siro.

Commiserations and thank you for being such a great rival in this round. It was an honour to face Milan again. Onwards and upwards now, I hope you guys finish in the top 3 of Serie A and come back to the CL next year, you deserve it.

GMangs, gcstorm9, Rossonero23 and 3 others repped this.
  24. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    not making excuses, because i feel like we deserved to lose, but with pazzini being injured that hurt us alot. next year we will be back a lot stronger. even though he didn't show it today constant is improving throughout the season, de sciglio is getting better, SES is becoming a beast, we will have balotelli for CL, we should have a stronger team. a better CB and this team could be great

25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Balotelli is a player that will ultimately make or break us but his presence in matches of this magnitude is paramount.

I'm not saying Balo is Messi's rival - not even close - but he has that extra "something" and when you combine that something with an inform SES and a mature Niange, that something could mean everything.

gcstorm9 repped this.