Bar Italia - old men banter thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Star-Lord, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mods power was built on a throne of lies!

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the lie, regular mods can't ban/unban a person. We've repeatedly stated this. Admin is the only one that can ban/unban someone. I've never said that I agreed that he should come back. They asked us, we answered. If they come back again and say, hey we're letting Sal back, ok, you're the boss. If they come back and say, should we let him back, yes or no, then we'll answer that. If they come back and say we don't want him back, ok you're the boss. Is that really a hard concept to understand?

I've repeatedly said we can't ban/unban someone, I never said anything about my opinion of whether he should come back. If dark knight and Sal worked out a deal and he agreed to let him in, then that's what would happen.

People tend to have selective memories around here.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This thread is dying again @Dante

Calcio Pauly and Pietro Calcio repped this.
  5. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Reading this thread to me it does not seem to me like that. The main issue seems that you were apparently asked by Admins that should Sal come back and you replied "no". Why are you against Sal coming back? Everyone looks to want him back but you do not. Strange.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Italy mods were asked, and a couple admin were also involved. It wasn't just me. You can't say everyone, when it was made clear that not everyone, wanted him back. Not everyone on BigSoccer, or even the Italy forum, wants him back. He's got his little Sal Brigade that are vocal about it.

It still stands that I cannot ban/un-ban someone. If someone is let back in by an Admin they are, the Admins don't always ask mods. But let's not forget the real reason why Sal was banned. He violated his agreement. He had made a deal with one of the admins about not using sock accounts until a certain date, yet he continued to do so. Had he just kept to his agreement, he would have been back months ago. Funny how nobody wants to bring that up. Strange.

7. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was not just you but why did you not want him back? I assume you do not speak for all of the Italy moderators. You can only speak for yourself. Why did you not want Sal back?

I am not interested in whether you can ban or not. You already have stated that you can not. You do not need to keep repeating it or the fact you were asked and you answered. You obviously answered "no" and I just want to know why? Maybe if you answered why you do not want Sal back it might go away.

I do not know why Sal got banned or what agreements were made or anything. In fact I was probably on my break last year to Italy when it happenned. I have simply been following the narrative of this saga on this thread. An outsider if you will. The issue keeps coming up by the "Sal Brigade" and it does not seem to be abating.

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You mods killed this thread, don't blame anyone else for going off topic and you don't want Sal back because you're weak.

Pietro Calcio, P to the Wee and Rosay repped this.
  9. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Dante

The agreement was that I was not to "cause any trouble until after the election". I used the account to continue to read BS and pm some people. Nobody said ANYTHING about not making accounts. I did not post in the in here until after the election. Stop LYING. Once trump had won, the election had then been completed, so I was allowed back per our deal. As usual though, after losing, you and your pals changed the rules and did everything in your power to reban me.

Exact words from the super mod:
    "There is some interest in restoring access to theItaly forum after the US election, presuming there have been no more shenanigans in the meantime. This would require roughly an equal amount of time sit tout out as was spent actively causing trouble to the site. It was the consensus of the mods in Italy that you wait out that long."

- Sal

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have no doubts the powers that be were afraid of our influence

11. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    SAL IS GONNA RISE FROM THE DEAD AND SCOURGE THE ONES WHO HAVE DID HIM WRONG.

elvesuvio repped this.
  12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    @Dante why don't you release quoted information on how you are so innocent on this whole thing????

Cause your not

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Then he tried telling me he has no say in sals unbanning just like the Agnelli's have no connection to the mafia

[​IMG]

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't worth the trouble to be honest.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want me to post conversations from the mod forum? Lol not happening.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sal used a sock puppet, that's a fact. Multiple accounts were tied to his in. RomaRoma and Perroti are two that I know of. One the day after the election. You can verify this with the admin.

As for his deal, I didn't change anything, I didn't make the deal with Sal, the Admins did. After whatever happened happened and they asked all the Italy mods whether he should return. The consensus was that since he kept creating sock puppets he shouldn't at that time.

I'm done with this stupidity now. If the Sal Brigade wants him back so badly, or want me removed, I already provided a link to where they can complain to.

17. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Dante

Like I said, those accounts were solely used for communicating with people via PM's and watching/reading certain threads. I didn't make a single post with either account before Trump won (MAGA). That is a FACT. Let's see what lie you come up with next.

-Sal

18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sal posted MAGA like 3x after the election with Perrotti IIRC. It must have caused someone's heart to fail. Then he used another to apologize and ask for a truce, which was banned in record time and post was deleted. Fast enough that there was no way one of our mods had time to request the admins to ban/delete. That truce posting must have caused the user who had a heart failure to pass away.

Yeah, he dun real bad things.

These forums would be much better without moderation and increased use of the ignore button for those so weak as to have anxiety and panic attacks from posts they don't agree with.

19. DNA Gobbo

DNA Gobbo Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Why not?

21. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    But then who would patrol and defend leftist ideals? And who would lock then "scrub" any threads that make leftists look retarded?

La Magica, Calcio Pauly, Rosay and 2 others repped this.
  22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We need to impeach Dante or least suspend him until we find out what's going on

shiboboo, La Magica, JCNapoli17 and 3 others repped this.
  23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This entire site is going through a slow death spiral just like Obamacare. The recent changes will speed that up. Time for folks to look elsewhere.

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The Russians?

Deleted User x repped this.
  25. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do not be stupid. You can not do anything to Dante, only the Admins can and they most probably do not care what you have to say. Probably why Dante is so confident of providing the link to contact them.

On the plus side, Dante at least came forward and eventually answered the questions. Remember it was not just his input that was asked for but the whole of the Italy moderators. None of them want Sal back. Not even the Roma ones. It is time to move on now.