Barça Media Centre | Strictly Barça related Articles/Photos/Interviews/Comps NO MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  2. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^^I honestly think it is f*cking ridiculous. Abuse and death threats for making mistakes in a football game, GAME. Just as bad as those people that wish death to players because they are divers or whiners, seriously wtf. Some people become idiots when it comes to football, it's disappointing.

And because of that day, it has effected our team too, branded as Uefalona, unicef, platinilona, etc. People now tend to ignore everything that doesn't go our way.
    eg. Against Inter, Bojan scoring a legit goal which would have sent us through, disallowed.
    Against inter again, Milito scores an offside goal and it is counted.
    Against Chelsea Abidal gets a red for not even touching Anelka.
    Against Chelsea first leg, Henry penalty denied.
    Against Arsenal, Messi scores an onside goal which is ruled off.
    Against Milan, 2 clear penalties in the first leg, two, both ruled off.
    Against Madrid I don't even have to mention how many red cards and bans they should have by now.

And when people read these sort of posts, like mine just now, they say "omg what an idiot, what about the calls that they do get" but that is never point, my point is referees make idiotic mistakes but since that Chelsea game, everything gets ignored when it doesnt go our way yet is magnified 10 times when it does go our way.

I laugh cause I am over it, some of you may have noticed I kinda stay away from forums nowadays, cant be bothered reading same thing every time, havent read pbp thread of Milan game but I bet someone posted in there claiming scandals and bringing up conspiracies lol.

Chelsea won against wigan with 2 offside goals, lol. Lets see how many people protest that they paid the refs.

I have no idea how I ended up writing this much lol.

Oh yeah and wooooooooooo messi 60 goals! what a beast, 24 and is scoring twice as many goals as the best strikers out there and he isn't even a pure striker.

edit
    gahh sorry for going so off topic lol. That Ovrebo article just reminds of that sh*t.

3. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No need to apologize. You speak for many of us, brother. :)
    Whenever I see someone going apesh!t about "another favorable decision" in Barca's favor, particularly in a neutral part of the boards (non-club associated), I'll usually respond in this manner, making sure to include an example. ;)

4. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sURyX2mRktk"]Nike and Barça style - YouTube[/ame]

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    When Gary Lineker tweeted to "spare a thought for Abidal" as he goes through his operation some lowlife named @scottybhoy86 replied...
    "f**k Abidal, best doctors,best treatment, millions in the bank. No sympathy from me."
    His account his since been deleted. Supposedly took a lot of flak for that statement.
    Some people... :rolleyes: :mad:

8. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There's always going to be assholes. I think the anonymity of the internet allows them to come out of their hovels. When Muamba collapsed, some tw@t, an Arsenal fan FWIW, tweeted "Let him die there" or something to that effect. I think he was identified and even charged with something.

9. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He got jail time. The shit he posted was truly stuffed up. (I assume you are talking about the muamba hater on twitter) He said stuff like "Haha shame Muamba is dead" and "go suck that dead (N word)s (D word)" I believe. Some people will do ANYTHING to get attention, especially on the internet where they can largely remain unknown.

10. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Much love from allas for the unsung Busquets:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijDdpNxPyPU"]Sergio Busquets - The Brilliant Mind - YouTube[/ame]

11. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Puyol posing with a young Barca fan by the name of Isaac Cuenca on the day of his full Barcelona debut against Real Valladolid in October, 1999

13. Capt.Tsubasa

Capt.Tsubasa Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwM66WDBWz4"]Cesc Does The Dudek Dance[/ame]

14. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Le

This coming weekend the much respected French sports daily L'Equipe will include a story on the history of Barcelona ("100% Barça, More than a club").
    In Saturday's issue they included a brilliant full page advert to promote the special: Three shirts spanning the last 40 years set against a black background...

click image for story in SPORT
    [​IMG]

The #14 shirt is from the 1970s and says "The Father".
    The #4 shirt is from the 1999 Centenary and reads "The Son".
    And the #10 shirt is from the current season and states "The Holy Spirit".

:cool:

16. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Le

Cruyff, Pep, and Messi if I'm not mistaken.

The last should probably be Xavi, but tough to resist selecting Messi.

17. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: Le

Yep, Cruyff, Pep and Messi.

Can't blame them for selecting Messi, though.

18. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    new FB cover photo coming right up!

19. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    I'm guessing I'm posting this in the right thread...

Anyone know where I can find some Barca books?

I've heard of some good ones like;

Barca: The Making Of The Greatest Team In The World
    Barca, a people's passion
    El Nuevo Barca
    FC Barcelona: Tales From The Nou Camp
    De Cruyff A Guardiola
    FC Barcelona - Style And Domination: A Tactical Analysis Of FC Barcelona

The only problem is, I don't know and wouldn't know where to look to find these books. I'd really, really appreciate some help if possible. Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

20. Texan_Trucho

Texan_Trucho Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Amazon has a huge book selection online, I would give them a try.

21. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Try these guys, at Angle Editorial

Most, if not all their Barça books are in Catalan, Spanish, and English, in the same book. Lost of photos!

22. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Amazon is easiest spot but most of these are on the Amazon UK site rather than the U.S. one (so no free shipping to U.S.). Here's a link to the first one you cited, and the "other books people bought" has the 2nd one listed, plus 2 I like, Morbo and Inverting the Pyramid (neither Barca specific but both great reads). [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barca-Making-Greatest-Team-World/dp/0956497128"]Barca: The Making of the Greatest Team in the World: Amazon.co.uk: Graham Hunter: Books[/ame]

23. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  24. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Johan Cruyff said something bad for Barcelona. He said that Xavi, Iniesta, Guardiola could not join in any club except Barcelona, because of their height. He identified them with dwarfs.:eek: He said that Guardiola was weak. But he promoted him in his team anyway. But he said also, that Guardiola could see things before others. He said good things about Mascherano, who can play also as central back.

He said one anegdote about Romario. Romario asked Cruyff: "Can I go in Brazil, on carnival"? He said to him: "Yes, but only if you score two goals tomorrow". Romario scored his second goal in 20 minute and asked Cruyff that he changes him, because he has to catch his plain for Brazil.:D He gave him two extra days, more than to other players.

25. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Bad for Barcelona? I don't know if you're understanding his point there. He's basically saying how he's a genius, because every club in the world wanted those three after they saw how stupid their size restriction was.