Barça Media Centre | Strictly Barça related Articles/Photos/Interviews/Comps NO MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not sure if mentioned but did you guys see the ITV Messi greatest player documentary?
    I enjoyed it. :D
    LINK

2. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Speaking of Messi, Puyol tweeted this photo of last week's training session, Messi went in goal and pulled a great save!

[​IMG]

3. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    LOL wish there was a video for that. lol is there anything Messi can't do? :p

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Great Video!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yozvl3y29Ow&hd=1"]Lionel Messi - Destined To Be The Best 2012 ||HD|| - YouTube[/ame]

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Official "first team" photographs were taken today.
    The first had everyone wearing the suits from one of their official sponsors, Sacoor Brothers. The other was the traditional kit wearing snapshot.
    fcbarcelona.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. footie101

footie101 Member

Feb 15, 2012
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi Article/Documentary

The kid has been everywhere lately, and rightfully so. Here is an article on ESPN about his recent success.

Here is an extremely entertaining documentary about his life when he was younger, comparisons to Maradona, and success with Barca. Worth the time IMO.

The guys is just unreal.

8. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: Messi Article/Documentary

Please post similar posts in the Media thread.

Threads merged.

9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the players in uniform you can count 23 players including 2 keepers. First team officially has just 21 players at the moment including the 3 long-term injuries, so who are the youth? I've seen that photo everywhere today but no run-down of who is in it.

The B team candidates are many: Tello, Sergi Roberto, JDS, Montoya, Bartra and Muniesa. I need higher resolution or better eyes.

10. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    From the link provided...

In this photo, in addition to every first team player, Marc Muniesa and Cristian Tello, from Barça B, were also present, but these were not the only two debutants in the official photo, as also included for the first time were players like Andreu Fontàs, Isaac Cuenca, and Thiago, who last year were with the B team, and the two new signings this season, Cesc Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez.
    Interestingly it is also the first official photo for Ibrahim Afellay, who joined the team in the winter transfer market last year, and therefore was not in the 2010/11 season official photo.

11. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you, I thought I saw those two but wanted to be sure. Despite what the FCB site says they did do another shot at the start of the season (which included Fontas and Thiago but not Cuenca though a couple other B teamers were featured then too). It was just in uniform, no suits.

I'd even gone to the official site (where I don't go much lately) but the photo link was not readily apparent there (at least to me on the English version) and I missed the link here, but saw the same photo with no names on a few sites today. Thanks again.

12. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Indeed, I had been using that team photo as my avatar until this new one was made. It's the one with the three trophies from last season sitting in front (Liga, Champions and Supercopa). A photo from that same session is still on the uefa.com website. The one I had as my avatar was taken from a slightly higher angle.

13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfect thanks for the links. I know I posted about this way back when that first team photo was taken but w/o digging that up it looks to my eyes like three B teamers were included: JDS (far right of front row), Montoya (far left of middle row), and Muniesa (back row one in from far left - between Valdes and Fontas).

Now Cuenca has leap frogged them all in the race to the first team, while JDS, Montoya, and Muniesa have been assured of promotion next season - along with Bartra (who was in neither picture). Tello is likely to join too but first needs to agree to a new contract extension. I believe Sergi Roberto is under contract 1 more year at B with no assurance of promotion (the "Thiago clause" I call it) in his contract.

14. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone else seen the story about Al Jazeera possibly winning the US La Liga rights? I hope this isn't true since I love Ray Hudson on GolTV and actually have had that channel for the past year or so. If this is true what channel would it even be on and why is it that La Liga has to always be on these tiny channels? First Voom HD had La Liga but they went under and now GolTV might be losing the league. I just want a channel that is in HD to watch my favorite league.

http://www.epltalk.com/al-jazeera-s...twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+EPLTalk+(EPL+Talk)

15. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oddly enough, Al Jazeera *is* in HD on cable where I live but GolTV is not. Go figure.

16. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Aljazeera is not tiny though... They have the champions league rights in France and for every match, they get former players to do punditry, the English commentary will most likely be taken from Sky UK most of the time. Saying that, I prefer Ray Hudson.

17. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant tiny for the US. I know it's a major player internationally but even Al Jazeera English was facing an uphill battle getting on certain packages in the US.

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kind of funny, not that Pep and Zlatan ever spoke this many words to each other, plus the missed the part where Zlatan threatens to kill Pep. The "I am Zlatan" 3 minute cartoon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9m7m8_2t4Y"]I am Zlatan - YouTube[/ame]

19. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    kind of funny? that was hilarious lol.:D

20. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can even keep goal.

[​IMG]

21. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  22. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A must read, especially the "one second rule".

23. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that was a good article. Basically puts into words what I've trying to tell people for a few years now about Barca. How their key to success is their commitment to possession and pressure on the ball with great discipline and tactics, when they try to tell me 'no it's because they play joga bonito and Messi blah blah.'

24. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    hope he recovers fast again :)

25. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the 1-second rule. But I can't agree with the list of failures.

Henry took a while to settle but was huge for us after that first year. Not a failure.
    Villa has been fine and I don't think any of us call him a failure.
    Ibra settled fast. Really fast. And then he checked out mentally in the second half of the season.