Balotelli/Giovinco/youngster thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by rizzuto123, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juve pushes Diego, eventhough he had a bad year last year and doesn't even give Giovinco a chance in a useless friendly? haha and everyone wonders why our national team is on decline! Our youth is rotting on the sidelines while overrated foreigners are playing on our fields! :(

2. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Great comment.

Giovinco leaving Juve to get first team playing time is the best move he could make. Personally I think he'd do better at Bari, rather than Parma.

3. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I read that Giovinco's agent has said he'll definately be gone this summer so why would Del Neri play him when he can play Diego, who they spent alot of money on and is clearly a player of far greater quality? The whole point of the pre-season, particularly with a host of new players and a new coach is to have the new formation become familiar and the new players become familiar with eachother.

Don't really think this "Our youth is rotting on the sidelines while overrated foreigners are playing on our fields!" line of thinking makes sense, particularly with Juve who've brought Bonnuci, Motta and Lanzafame into the team and sent out promising youngsters like Ariaudo, Marrone and Immobile to lower table teams to gain experience.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree. Bari plays really attractive football. He'd be perfect for them.

5. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly. If these young Italian players were good then they would play and there would be no need to buy South Americans. The problem is they are overrated and 3 to 4 years behind other countries at this age.

6. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only teams like Sampdoria and ironicly enough Inter lately have been playing younger Italians. Bari started Ranocchia and Bonucci, if they were lets say Lazio players...forget get it, they would be rotting away. Look at Andreolli promising defender but he sat the wholes season on the bench. Cigarini???

7. sss112

sss112 Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Ulaanbaatar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Russian season has just started after the summer break he started 5 matches from 15 so far and scored 4 goals which is far from terrific. Can't see any light for Rosina as he is firmly behind Danny in the pecking order. Afraid that at the age of 26 a prospect of top level football is beyond him at this rate.

8. sss112

sss112 Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Ulaanbaatar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think this problem is exclusively Italian. As football gets more and more commercialized and short term results and thus profits becomes a first priority, most clubs would be content to invest in ready-made foreign players rather than devoting resources into youth development. I suspect this trend to continue in foreseeable future.

9. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Ranocchia and Destro are now on Genoa. Genoa is a team to watch for our youth prospects. Is Destro likely to get playing time?

10. sss112

sss112 Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Ulaanbaatar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It depends on whether Genoa retains Aquafreshka's service this season. If he leaves then Destro could be a vice Toni and see decent playing time in league and especially in Coppa.

11. Napule

Napule Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    From what I saw at the u19 tourny Destro was really disappointing. There was bad service I'll give him that but he had 2 or 3 1v1 with the keeper and was very nervous couldn't do much. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but at this age I want to at least see him make a good effort on goal. But yea Genoa is a very well run club look some talent to come out.

12. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Giovinco moves to Parma on loan...

13. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good, playing 90 minutes a game will do him well as opposed to rotting on the bench at Juve.

14. Fabrizioitaliano

Fabrizioitaliano New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    17 year old Lorenzo Crisetig made his debut tonight for the u21's against Denmark, the youngest debut player ever.

From the few touches he had he seems to have talent.

15. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Cigarini w/ Assist to tie the game (Came in @ 46"), which Sevilla won 3-1 (1st Leg)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MKwztFkiA"]YouTube- Gol Luis Fabiano Sevilla vs FC Barcelona 3-1 [14/08/10] SuperCopa De España 2010[/ame]

16. Napule

Napule Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ********in Mazzarri, no eye for talent. Just wants to play defenders in MF. :mad:

17. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I always liked Cigarini.

18. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    awesome if he was in la liga 2 years ago he would be world class by now.

19. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wouldn't go that far, but a player I have always liked, though I started to lose some hope for him. Hopefully, he will have a good season for them along with guarente and not be a repeat of maresca.

20. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    It's about time. Not sure as to why Juve even waited this long to loan him out, as 2 years of regular playing time at a smaller club would've done wonders for his development. Anyways, I think Parma will be a great place for him to grow. They're a club that, even in spite of their financial shortcomings, have always been great at handling young talent. Playing alongside a seasoned vet like Crespo will also do wonders for his development!

21. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I would've like to see him at Bari but I'm glad he'll get 1st team football. Should be interesting to see when he returns to Torino.

22. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good day for young Italians in Serie A. 19 year-old Mattia Destro got his debut for Genoa and scored in the sixth minute. Giovinco also had a good game for Parma, scoring a goal and creating lots of chances. Elsewhere, there were good performances from Giuseppe Rossi, Cesena's Luca Ceccarelli (well, he's 26) and winger Ghiaccerini, as well as the likes of Marchisio for Juventus and Marilungo for Sampdoria.

There is something of a 'lost generation' of Italian players (the class of 2004, let's call them--viz. Aquilani, Pazzini, Montolivo, Donadel, De Rossi, Bovo, Aquafresca, etc.) who never quite reached their potential. But this crop of players now coming up, the class of 2009-2010, is looking more promising. Balotelli, Ranocchia, Destro, Poli, Marilungo among others look like having a good shot at establishing serious careers in football. We'll have to keep an eye on them.

23. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    couldn't agree more Sempre and I'm looking forward to this new batch of italian stars coming on to the scene...very good, dangerous and highly skilled. I believe Italia is on the right track and see us being a very dangerous opponent to any football nation - lots of great football action coming our way.
    I would love to see Emanuele Giaccherini on the national team. After his great display of skill and talent, I think he would be a great addition, enjoyed watching him play and could be a dynamic catalyst for our national team, he's the kind of player that we need - the game flow between Milan and Cesena was absolutely fantastic for cesena - a pure delight of a game, I've become a fan of giaccherini and will be watching him more closely, curious to see what develops.

24. VigorLamezia

VigorLamezia New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    CT
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wouldn't get too carried away with Giaccherini, he has a lot to prove. If you want someone on Cesena to get excited about its Schelotto

25. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Got some big hopes for Macheda now that he's with Samp. Hopefully they don't just let him rot on the bench for half a season either.

What's the status on Santon btw? Does Inter plan on letting him marinate on the bench for the rest of the season? This kid is a great talent and NEEDS to play with regularity!