Ballon D'or 2013 thread

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by ---Z---, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Interesting as you guys consider another S. American poster with different point of views as an unintelligent stupid poster, because he doesn't share the same ideas...

Umm... sounds like some people here need classes on ethnocentrism and acceptance...

Poking at people's second language writing skills and different opinions :thumbsup:

Once you start writing in Spanish/Portuguese with the same proficiency as these posters from all over the world do with english I'll start taking your comments into consideration. Until then... you're just an uneducated redneck.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Oh, come on. Think about how clean this forum will be when there are only 3 active threads:

1- 'Ballon d'Or 2013': (a discussion about the current weak era in football from a nostalgic point-of-view)
    2- 'Ballon d'Or 2014': (a rosy retrospective of the all-time greats and their World Cup performances)
    3- 'Ballon d'Or 2015': (a bunch of insecure Brazilians trying to convince others that they don't know anything about European club football, followed-by a lecture on how any mid-table Brazilian team can play a mid-table EPL or La Liga team off the field, followed-by a lecture on how any 3rd-division Brazilian team can play a mid-table EPL or La Liga team off the field)

frasermc, greatstriker11 and Jaweirdo repped this.
  3. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I'm actually pretty done with the thread, it turned into being a good discussion to people attacking my opinions as idiotic...

I was the first one to say, I re-watched certain games just to look at what people were saying about certain performances some I was correct some I was incorrect. But I re-watched it so I could have a current fresh view on things.

I already said Baggio had a good final, when before I thought he only participated 3/7 games in the WC 1994, at the same time he had a BETTER game in the finals than against Nigeria (where he scored 2 goals)
    I've already said Romario was not MIA in the final, he did hold on to the ball too much trying to do something and be the hero
    I've already said Villa had a good final against the Dutch, even had an opportunity to score.

Watching participating, talking to you guys etc is where this discussion should be going.

Not the personal attacks @comme

greatstriker11 repped this.
  4. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Thanks Guigs for proving Fraser's earlier thoughts about closing the thread to be spot on.