Ballon D'Or 2012 (part 2)

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by comme, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The captain of Vanatu does not have this insight but you do?

condor11 repped this.
  2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sneijder? :ROFLMAO:

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Quits Barcelona, and now quits shaking hands, what's next?

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Again ... he taps Guardiola on the shoulder, he doesn't try to shake his hand. The commentators are talking about the look, not about shaking hands.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nice of Ronaldo to pat Pep on the back, but what does that have to do with Pep refusing a handshake?

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Still waitin' on this.

7. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I agree, such a ridiculous non-story here.

8. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You ruin all the fun.

9. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Lol

10. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    The goals that eventually lead to wins/titles o_O

11. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I actually like Ronaldo. It looks like Pep is a douche here, he wont even aknowledge Ronaldo. At least a smile a handshake or something would have said otherwise. His look says it all "oh, its you" *turns around before Ronaldo can say Hi or try to shake his hand*

Ok now I feel like a gossip queen.

12. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can't argue with me there!

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It's clear Ronaldo bumped him on purpose. You can just see the attitude written on his face "Hey, I'm going on-stage to pick-up my award. You stay seated, old man."

14. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No no no. you got it all wrong. Ronaldo purposefully bumped into him because he wants to make amends and be loved. Deep down Ronaldo wants to be loved, its a curse against him that he spends hours sculpting his body hair and eyebrows and bleaching his a$$hole so people will admire him. You gotta admit Ronaldo is treated pretty unfairly by the media.Ronaldo is really vain and im not saying it in a bad way, its just a fact. He wants to be revered and cares about respect more than anything, and when he doesnt get it, it kills him. Reminds me of the ultimate fate of Marlo Stanfield on The Wire (HBO series).
    Did you notice Pep doing a little drum set on his legs after it happened? Awkward.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Well they made the correct choice considering the last 3 finalists. What was the joke there? Messi deserved first, Ronaldo second and Iniesta third..

The overall best Xi indeed was bad.

16. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    The vote was correct him, ok.

But the question was about the quality of journalists chosen to vote. If they understand football, follow up, etc.

And here there was no criterion to Brazil because Cleber Machado is a narrator who lives just talking some bullshit and channel where he works does not work with European football.

There are many other Brazilian journalists better qualified to be eligible for this vote.

But in this case, your vote was correct ... thankfully.

17. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I f he wants to be loved he can stop making the comments he makes. It’s not a curse he spends that much time on himself. Tons of players have. But tons of players haven’t said the things he has. I’m sure Sergio Ramos, who probably spends as much time as him in front of a mirror, doesn’t say such things.

He recently said that being too humble is vanity and I don’t know what else. And he was clearly referring to Messi. Come on.

18. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    If anything he was simply saying "People accuse me of not being humble and vain, but being too humble is being vain". I don't think he was referring to anyone, he was just defending himself. I don't see why what he says is so criticized. Just because he doesn't say what everyone loves to hear time and time again, going against the boring, repetitive, BS norms we've become accustomed to. And I'm not referring to Messi, since when he speaks he seems pretty sincere. But there's a lot of players that speak with too much humility to the point where its just contrived.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I assume the first sentence is a joke. About the media treating him unfairly, it comes with the territory of being overly vain. Not only that but there are plenty of outlets that give him constant praise. Some people concentrate on the pieces that criticize him. Messi is obviously less targeted because of his introverted personality / private life. He may very well be as egocentric, cocky, concerned with personal accolatedes as Ronaldo, but he just doesn't show it in the media.

I do understand Ronaldo's feeling. Ever since he was a kid he was the best. He was the best player in Madeira. A big prospect at Sporting...probably the best at his age throughout his development there. Became the best player at ManU overshadowing the English golden boy Rooney. Won the first FIFA player of the year / Ballon D'Or and suddenly Messi comes and steals his thunder. For someone as vain as he is, and has worked hard to get where he is, I am sure it was his goal to at least be the best in his generation. He probably thinks at the very least, he is equal to Messi. And that leaves him sour. Even though he tries to hide it, it shows. It doesn't help that he probably has Mourinho filling his head with conspiracy theories as to why he didn't win the Ballon D'Or.

20. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
  21. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i agree if Ronaldo were to do this the media would attack him for it, that being said its clearly not Messis but adidas idea for the shoe. And I am sure Ronaldos sponsor (nike) would have done the same if he were to win 4 ballon d'ors.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think the media would say anything. He already has Nike boots named after him and other players have had special boots made for them. It's fairly normal so I really doubt he would get any criticism.

23. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cronaldo just had "similar" shoes, well less impressive, and more vain http://jydsol.blogspot.fi/2013/01/magic-numbers-on-new-christiano.html

:laugh:

Media didn't attack him in the home or outside. But if Messi did this, and Cronaldo didn't, and Messi wouldn't get attacked, Bonfica fans and all kinds of delirious poor people would surely cry about inequality.

24. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    So...you will continue to avoid my question?

25. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Question for everyone:
    Is the Ballon d'Or based on the previous season (in this case, 2011-2012) or the calendar year up to November when the voters cast their votes?
    The shortlist was publicly announced on October 29 at which point, I'm assuming, everyone voted based on that list. Is this shortlist based on the previous season?
    France Football used to announce their winner in early December pre-2010.
    Would appreciate source/links if possible.