Ballers Season 1

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Emperor Adriano, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    and it was better than True Detective.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This forum has something against True Detective. You guys should probably stick to the bing bang theory and stuff of that ilk.

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I hate when people approach shows like True Detective as though you have to have a certain IQ to understand how lazy it is. I can recognize the full spectrum of high and low brow shit. Shit is shit. True Detective was shit. Big Bang Theory is shit. I watch both.

frasermc, Alberto and Ismitje repped this.
  5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think True Detective was going after a certain audience and Season 1 was great but the episodes were hard to understand and most people didn't get the overall point. They are going for the audience who wants gritty shiit, I think it was a bit gritty for people more than the clishe storylines at times. Season 2 was mehh but I wouldn't say shiit. How can a grown man watch Big Bang Theory? I don't get it honestly.. I just think true detective was marketed to a certain audience who doesn't get stuff made for them usually.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched two episodes of Ballers, then deleted the rest from the DVR.

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ballers was stupid. I will say that Dwayne Johnson is quite likable. The only likable actor on the show and I would happily watch him in something of quality. Ballers was predictable, full of gratuitous nudity, full of stereotypical behavior by African Americans and worst of all it was billed as a comedy and had perhaps three funny scenes over ten episodes.

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season two of True Detective was terrible. I enjoyed season one. Never have watched Big Bang Theory.

The best show this summer was Mr. Robot.

9. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Its essentially the sports version of entourage, but not nearly as funny. Still enjoyed watching it as a summer show somewhat.

sitruc repped this.
  10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    That was always obvious from even the promos. When I first heard about the show, I hoped it would be more Playmakers than Entourage. Then I saw a promo.
    I'm sure I laughed at the show, but I'm not sure it was because of the show's humor... of course I watched every episode (didn't see the movie).