Ball advice/review/bouncing/feeling thread [2]

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Skizz, Sep 10, 2007.

1. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL no. It's under water long enough to see where the leak is coming from.

2. dawej

dawej Member

Jun 23, 2010
  3. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Yeah, they're alright. Flies pretty well and you can get some good swerve with it but it feels a bit like a balloon to me, well did, before my idiot brother bust it :rolleyes:

Can't offer a comparison to the jabulani though, sorry.

4. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    What kind of balls do you train with? Our team use some fifa approved hummel balls that retail for 75£.

5. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The jabulani sucks d1ck and so does this, if you want to get a cheap but awesome ball then get the Adidas Champions League Top Training ball. It has the highest FIFA rating (A).

6. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I like my jabulani more then my teamgiest and my power cat 1.10 ball. And i was wrong about that we trained with hummel balls we train with select balls.

7. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    This is my latest ball a Mitre Tensile Snow ball.

[​IMG]

Its a great ball that flies well and has a nice touch. Because it has fewer panels when kicking it feels soft even when pumped up which helps.

[​IMG]

I don't think the colours work that well for a hi-vis ball especially the red colour.

8. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003
    I think I may be onto something...I let out a few ounces of air to my NIKE Ronaldihno ball to soften the touch since it seems that it feels harder when fully blown up. I have agonised over keeping this ball over my other NIKE balls since $$$$ is getting tight.

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome

9. Impossible6

Impossible6 Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Whenever my footballs get wet from training (like drenched), they gain weight and stay heavy for a good fortnight or so. This happens to all my balls, none of them are elite level match balls, the best is an older Mitre FA cup match ball (it may even be the top replica, but I think it's a match), and it retains weight as well. But after about two weeks, the ball will 'dry-out' (I'm assuming that's what happens), and it's light again.

Does this happen with the top, top balls? Does this happen to you? How can I prevent, or at least treat the soccer ball so it dries far quicker?

10. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, match level balls are designed to not take on any weight, I've got the Seitiro, jabulani and teamgeist balls and none of them gain any sort of weight when in wet conditions, I have some cheap t90 football which gain a bit weight, just leave them out to dry don't keep them in a bag or damp conditions.

11. Impossible6

Impossible6 Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    I thought so! Alright thanks mate.

Nice username btw ;) I'm a Chelsea fan myself.

12. dynamo_alext_82

dynamo_alext_82 New Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hey all, new here and I have a question for you all. I have been playing with an older 2008 Adidas Europass ball a friend lent me and loved how it performed. Light and the touch was great. I decided to go out and get my own ball so I purchased the Diadora Rete Pro ball after reading good reviews on it. The ball definitely looked/felt quality.

After taking it out and kicking it around with friends, I am somewhat disappointed in it. The ball felt a lot heavier than the Adidas ball and the touch wasn't what I was used to. The pace of the ball seemed a lot faster and I don't know if it is just me but I am wishing I didn't fork over all that money for a ball I don't like. Should I take some air out of the ball as I pumped it up to the max. Super bummed out I didn't get an Adidas ball.

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adidas balls are the best IMO. And when the valve went in my jubilani, Adidas gave me a full refund!

appleCORR

14. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    what do you guys think is the best match ball for te best price? ie nike tracers may be good/great but the £50 price tag (from ebay) still isnt very appealing. any opinions?

15. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    scour outlets and eventually you'll strike gold. I found 5 teamgeists (my favorite ball) for $40/ball which is outstanding in the US. I know the Nike outlets tend to be pretty good as well. I want to say I've seen people get them at lower than the price you listed.

Some one want to point me to a good futsal ball? Durability is KEY.

16. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^ that is dirt cheap!!!!!! Aren't the teamgeist considered the best adidas ball?

17. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly love them. I remember I went into an adidas outlet looking to purchase some Predator Absolutes, but after seeing the price on them I just f*ck the boots! give me all those teamgeists! I have no complaints about the Jubalani really, I just like the weight and feet of the teamgeist more.

18. NoobC

NoobC Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I used Calle Smooth Criminal for my indoor, and its held up very well. Apart from a few scuffs here and there, there hasn't been any damage the outer.

Although I heard nothing but great reviews on Baden balls. They are great bang for the buck.

19. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks a lot!

20. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone know what is the best bang for your buck Select ball

21. Untroubled by Reason

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being as how you're in SoCal (not a lot of rain), the Select Numero 10 is a good value for money. If you were elsewhere, I'd caution you that they can take on water (see discussion above). Not as durable as some, but not as expensive, either. When I coached, I used to get them in bulk cheap from an outfit in Cali called Fold-a-goal.

22. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the advice, I was thinking of buying the Royale but it was almost double that of the numero 10, do you know if the Liga(only couple bucks more) is notably better than the numero 10?

23. Untroubled by Reason

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I could detect.

24. zkw90

zkw90 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Picked up a Tracer for $40, yet to try it out as it's been raining all week. Also have a Seitiro coming soon :D

[​IMG]

25. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've a tracer myself, white with red. What's the best way to clean it?? I've used it on artificial grass twice now, so it has boot and turf marks on it.