Rumor: Baggio Hušidić - to Hammarby?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Corn, Dec 21, 2011.

1. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Hammarby has finally started with their preseason games and Baggio played the first 45 minutes today in a 2-1 win against IK Brage. Reports seem to indicate that he did well with the ball and had good passing, but also like people wrote earlier in the thread some criticism that he looked slow.

2. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Baggio has to perform a lot better then today if he expect to get some time on the pitch when the league starts.

3. Rolle

Rolle Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Sry but the scores was 2-0 to Hammarby atleast the game I was watching:)

4. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Heh, sorry. :eek: I wrote about another game too yesterday where the result was 2-1 so that result must have stayed on my mind as I posted about the Hammarby game. :)

5. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm somewhat surprised but not disappointed to know that Schuler did better than Baggio. husidic was a solid if unspectacular bench player for the Fire, while Schuler had never played a professional game before.

6. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

I have yet to see him play but reading the forums again today after the second preseason game it's pretty clear that Baggio is going to be a player that divides the fans opinions. Different people seem to view his performances in very different ways.

7. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcihCJ-2_k"]Baggio Husidic "Da Gangsta" Interview - YouTube[/ame]

Candidate for most bizarre yank abroad interview?

8. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Baggio just scored both goals in 2-1 victory over Gif Sundsvall from the first division.

Interviews will most likely come.

9. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
  10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I guess "Billy" who got a concussion was Schuler?

11. Corn

Corn Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Actually no. Billy Bengtsson, the rightdefender, got the concussion.

HTV interview with Baggio:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPH33OXuIA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPH33OXuIA[/ame]

12. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Baggio played the full 90 minutes today as Hammarby won 1-0 at home against Halmstad. I though he did alright today, in the first half alot of Hammarbys play went through him in the midfield but in the second half he disappeared a bit. You can tell that he is very comfortable with the ball at his feet and when it works his passing is very nice however the results from his passes are a bit mixed and against a better counterattacking team then Halmstad those missed passes of his could become very dangerous.

Winoman repped this.
  13. Jersey Fillers

Jersey Fillers New Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Husidic the best American in Sweden?

14. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Well, I have only watched him in one game so it's a bit early for me to say but he might be. Although there are a couple of younger guys in Billy Schuler and Brian Span who might become better in the near future.

Here's a post game interview with Baggio:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GBt5TRc6zA"]Adis "Baggio" Hu?idi? Interview After Halmstad Game - YouTube[/ame]

15. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coyeGndgC5M"]Adis "Baggio" Husidic Goal (Huge Keeper Mistake) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm pretty sure he didn't expect that one to go in :)

16. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Yeah, the Umeå starting keeper is injured so this is their 21 year old backup keeper who has previously only played in the fourth tier before this season. This was his second game ever at this level and he had a big mistake in their first game too, so the guy has had a rough start to the season.

18. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1RtOo6IeY"]HTV: Baggio om segern över Umeå - YouTube[/ame]

19. gvsu

gvsu Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Husidic got an assist in last night's 3-1 win over pre-season favourites BP. He got moved to the right wing position at half-time after a substitution and got the ball from Schuler after a good run, passing it backwards to midfielder Sebstian Bojassen, who scored. Really nice sequence, starts at about 3:20 in the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pSzzsSbL7yA...dded&version=3

20. NOLA

NOLA Member

Jan 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this kid have any international potential?

21. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Given the type of resume required to play for the US these days, the odds seem somewhat long -- as he's rounding into his mid-20s, he's only just becoming a regular starter, and it's for a second-division club. With that said, he's certainly got a great opportunity to develop and showcase himself now and anything's possible...

22. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only problem with him playing for us(aside from not being good enough) is that he may have never taken the US nationality. He was born in the former Yugoslavia, present day Bosnia.

Edit: Nevermind. He has US citizenship. But in response to the first question, whether or not he could play international soccer, the answer is maybe, but most likely not for us.

23. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

Interview after the 0-1 loss against Ljungskile.

24. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    To summarize Baggios first season with Hammarby I would say that the above quoted preseason post still holds true. Some fans rate him because he is good with the ball at his feet and has accurate passing/crossing while others don't like him because he slows down the game too much.

Personally I kind of agree with both sides which I guess makes him a decent middle of the pack kind of performer in my eyes. I also think though that he did show a higher level in a few of the games so If he can maintain that level through a bigger part of the season he will be an important player for Hammarby next year.

When it comes to stats he scored one goal and had three assist during the 25 game he played this season, but with a bit more luck he should have had a few more goals since he hit the crossbar and post a couple of times if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]