Baek Seung Ho

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Catracho_Azul, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daebak

Daebak New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's definitely got the attitude.

"I aspire to be a player that echoes a mixture of Iniesta and Messi. A player adept at passing and dribbling."

Go far kid!!!!! We're behind you!!

[​IMG]

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Who is 박슝호?

1 person likes this.
  3. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    jesus christ wth is wrong with these people. they have been getting his name wrong since like day 1 :mad:

4. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nice find, what mag is this from?

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGEGAF0Gvw"]‪20110802 045913‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol im downloading that now

he looks really good.

8. KwonchesterUtd

Aug 10, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Props for finding that. This little bugger is going to be so good.

10. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Whats the show called in 한글?

11. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    비바 K-리그 :p

13. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Looks like he grew quite a bit.

14. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I just had a crazy thought. Do you think Baek will be on the squad (not necessarily the XI) for 2014? He'll be 17 or 18, won't he? It seems almost like a waste for his first WC to be when he is 21/22!

15. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL thanks I was trying to look for 이재우의라커룸 for the longest time.. :eek:

@SOT
    Still too early to tell, and depends if he gets any playing time @ the Senior level. Messi debuted at 16~17? If BSH flourishes at La Masia and can match that, then why not. I don't think CKR would call up a player to the WC who hasn't had any Senior-level experience. Unless he's senile..

16. KwonchesterUtd

Aug 10, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree. I was expecting him to be going to 2014 since it would be an amazing experience for him even if he's just warming the bench. We have a lot of young players with experience now so I hope Korea doesn't waste another spot for an old player.

But I hope Korea doesn't try to build the team completely around him like Argentina did with Messi so early on. I'm afraid that the Korean mentality will turn the KNT into "Baek and whatever else we got". Too much pressure on one player and the others feel like tools rather than players who earned their places.

Besides, CKR loves Barca's style.

17. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know it still has to be seen, but unless our boy Baek becomes the Eto'o or David Villa striker mold, Pep would more than likely regard Baek as a surplus. Messi will still be in his prime when BSH hits the senior side age. More than likely, I see Pep selling BSH to a top tier club, Fabregas-style.

I don't think CKR is so short-sighted to put BSH in a leadership role at 16/17. Argentina was really desperate for a playmaker and Messi was so used to having pin-perfect passes from his Barca teammates. Adjusting to Argentine midfielders must have been tough, playing in an imperfect barca-like system. Hopefully CKR doesn't make the same mistake. That being said, I really would like to see BSH in the Taeguk Red come WC14.

18. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Keep things in perspective... Most prospects at La Masia never ever play for Barca. National team at age 16? Jonathan dos Santos didn't make the cut for Mexico's squad at the World Cup at age 20 with first team appearances under his belt. Think about how many more young players have done worse than Gai Assulin...

19. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Assulin took himself out of the team. At first, he was ineligible for the first team because of the EU quota. Then he rejected Barcelona's contract offer and left. Now he's screwed, lol.

20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Isn't he EU? He's Israeli right? I thought it was a straight up contract dispute...

21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGEGAF0Gvw"]‪20110802 045913‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

22. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Israel counts as EU in Spain? Because I know for a fact what prevented him from getting into the first team for about a year was because of his eligibility. The Spanish FA even offered him to take on dual citizenship, but he rejected it.

23. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Ah... Nevermind. You're right. I forgot it's a citizenship/work permit based issue rather than whether the player is from a UEFA (but non EU) country...

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think its an EU rule that you cannot enact a rule that would impair an EU citizen from working in another EU country. When all these FAs enacted rules to encourage development of local talent, they had to make the rule EU rather than their country because of those rules.

25. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Yeah I was confused myself, lol.