badges

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by IvanIV, Feb 17, 2015.

1. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry, back to my old shenanigans, haven't done one of these in awhile. not all teams will be in the League Championship, simply badges that I like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

feel free to add yer own. i had started a thread like this long ago but don't feel like hunting it down...

Myshoe repped this.
  2. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #2 Myshoe, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    That's our old badge, it was updated in about 2005 they added a door to the windmill and the 'U' was rotated 90 degrees, I still see the old one knocking about a lot though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, there's a bit of an animal theme there. :p

IvanIV repped this.
  3. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

i do like that one better! imma hafta get those shorts now...

4. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hidden in the upper reaches of Lincoln Cathedral you'll find a symbol of the city surrounded by myth and legend: the Lincoln Imp.

[​IMG]Legend has it that one day the Devil was in a frolicsome mood, and let out all his young demons to play.

After having allegedly stopping at Chesterfield, twisting the spire of St Mary and All Saints Church, a group of imps went to Lincoln and planned to wreak havoc in the city's stunning Cathedral.

Mischievous activities in Lincoln included knocking over the Dean, smashing the stained glass windows and destroying the lights. To put a stop to any further chaos, an angel appeared from the Bible left on the altar and commanded “Wicked Imp, be turned to stone!”

Some imps managed to escape but one imp remained, hurling insults and stones at the angel. The angel responded in kind, turning the imp to stone where it sat and it can still be seen there today! It is said that the angel caught up with one of the escapees at St James' Church, Grimsby, turning that imp to stone also.

Head to Lincoln Cathedral and see the petrified Lincoln Imp high up for yourself - there's a spolight to help you if you give in!

You’ll also find imps across the city too: on door knockers, in gift shops and even in the nickname of the local football team - the Red Imps.

6. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I once visited Lincoln Cathedral at junior school. :thumbsup:

We went to York/Jorvik Viking Centre once too but I bet they don't do that now, learning about Yorkshire heritage is probably offensive to minorites. :thumbsdown:

https://www.jorvikvikingcentre.co.uk

IvanIV repped this.