News: Back in Serie B

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by harrylee773, May 30, 2019.

1. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.football-italia.net/138696/serie-b-palermo-avoid-relegation

So, we went from being in a position of automatic promotion for a good chunk of the season, to falling into the promotion playoff in the last month or so, to being pulled out of the playoff and doomed to Serie C after the season ended but before the playoff began, to ultimately being docked 20 points, ending up in 11th place, and remaining in Serie B for (at least) another season. You can call this club a lot of things, but boring ain't one of'em.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2 falvo, Jun 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Just saw the Serie C playoff between Palermo & Padova on Rai.

Palerrmo had a pk in the first half and Padova had their captain Ronaldo (Pompeu da Silva) red carded in the second.

Padova ended the match 2ith 9 men with another red card in the 90th minute.

GK, Antonio Donnarumma had a good save for Padova but the Rosaneri won and are now in Serie B.

The game was played in front of 34,000 fans at the Stadio Renzo Barbera. It was their 4th consecutive sellout.

The stadium went crazy at game’s end!

Nice to see Palermo and manager Silvio Baldini back in the higher leagues after 3 years!

Brunori-gol e a Palermo esplode la festa: 1-0 al Padova e promozione in Serie B!

Calcio: tutte le notizie

Un rigore dell'attaccante al 24' chiude i giochi dopo la vittoria dei siciliani nel match d'andata. Nella ripresa il rosso a Ronaldo condanna definitivamente i veneti

12 giugno - MILANO

[​IMG]

harrylee773 repped this.
  3. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol - if only I had known at the time I posted this that it would get worse, with the team declaring bankruptcy, being liquidated, and forced all of the way back down to Serie D shortly after.

This has been a great season to follow, I'm excited for Serie B already. With the rumors of City Group buying the club, we might see a real push to get back to Serie A quickly, which would be incredible.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy