[B]Who is better Ronaldinho or Maradona?[/B]

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by lamrof, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exacly!
    When Ronaldinho receives a ball in Barcelona he has Eto'o and Messi/Giuly opening the game for him.
    So he can contribute with an assist or just run to score, because the defense is not clogging the middle.

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's gotta be Ronaldinho... look at how he's lit up the world with his performances in this world cup... Maradona never did jack@# in the world cup. :p

3. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    But great players don't always depend on others. Ronaldo didn't depend on the midfield to spoon feed him when he was in his prime or in WC 98.

Ronaldinho has to find a way to contribute regardless. He has to takeover and i'm really hoping that he turn it up against France cuz that might be his last chance to shut his critics or even yet Brasil might exit the WC if he didn't perform up to his standard.

He must find a way....cuz really so far even the biggest Ronaldinho fan would admit that he has been a huge disappointment in this World Cup.

4. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Sad but true.

I told my Brasilian mates that i'm afraid Ronaldinho will play subpar for Brasil, and so far i'm right. I hate me being right, and i wished he had proved me wrong. Though, there are still some games left for him to redeem himself.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    thats ronaldo though. he was probably a better player at 15 then ronaldinho is today ;)

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Can this stupid thread be closed now?

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Before it's closed, dare I say Zizou? :D

8. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Ribery just proved again to be a better player than Ronaldinho. Oh well...

9. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    LOL. Anyone see Ronaldinho dispose of his stupid self-publicising head-band at half-time.

Barring the meaningless Japan game he has been anonymous for this entire tournament.

ITV quoted a stat saying he hasn't scored a goal for Brazil for over a year now. Is this true?

P.S I think the answer is quite conclusively Zidane. :D

10. United_xxx

United_xxx Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Thailand
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ZZ is the most overrated evar then ;)
    Being voted as the best European player is crazy enough man.

I have been waiting for a while to give my opinion on this topic but it seems to me that I will have to wait for another worldcup when Ronaldo retires and Dinho is the real driving force for Brazil. Hope it is not too late for him.:D

11. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This thread should finally be closed once and for all. Zizou was awesome today but don't go there,as great as Zizou has been, still isn't in Diego's ballpark.

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    true. but zidane is still helluva lot better then ronaldinho. guess that says it all. thread closed.

13. weir9

weir9 New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    im 16 n ive been brouight up in the era of zidane n ronaldinho but even i think this comparison is a disgrace maradona is quite simply the greatest player who has ever lived end of discussion

14. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Compare Maradona's quarterfinal in 86 to Ronaldinho's quarter final in 06. No comparison. If Ronaldinho was half as good as Maradona he'd have run past half the France team and scored himself.

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This traveshamockery of a thread has gone way, way too far. The answer, obviously, is Maradona. And now, the thread is locked.