Azzurrini news

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by O'Ghiattone, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    cause they are going to be picked for u21 this summer maybe?

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They could have played both. I don't get why there is an Under 20 World Cup but not an Under 21? They have always had an U21 euro and use the same team for the Olympics but not an under20....

3. DrFootball1

DrFootball1 Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Brussels
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Calabria is too old. Only players born in 97 and later are allowed.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chiesa is a 1997 too I think. Perhaps it's just cause it's not really a tournament we normally care about too much. Rather focus on u21

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not sure if it applies to any current Italian players or if its true or not but a former player who is now a coach told me last night about some of the youth rules. He said that if a player who is still a teen participated in an a previous Under 20 tournament, he wasn't allowed to play in a second but he is allowed to play in the qualifying rounds. It doesn't make much sense but that is what he said.

7. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so that would hypothetically mean that Mandragora and Romagna could not play in the euro u21s then ?

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure. The European championship may be different. I looked up the rule and couldn't find anything about it though. Two or three USA players were on the last Under -20 team so I don't think this former player I spoke to knows the rules either.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For fans in North America, Japan vs. Italy is on today on FS1 today at 7AM EDT!:thumbsup:

10. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    2-1 Italy so far.

Unless Uruguay messes up and losses we are probably looking at runners up in the group and a probable rematch of the U19 Championship against France in the round of 16

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Japan was much better in the 2nd. The last 5 minutes of the game saw the back 4 of Italy pass it back and forth while 2 Japanese forwards watched. I get it from Italy's perspective as a draw see's them straight through, but Japan has to wait the result of the Saudi Arabia match before knowing if they'll get through. So far they're in. Both of Italy's goals were classy, but Doan's 2nd goal for Japan was the goal of the match, dribbling three players before scoring.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy played smart at the end. Whatever it takes to get to the next round. Sometimes winning the group isn't all that great depending on who the opponent will be. Not sure who they will be playing next but maybe the Italians can grow stronger the more they keep progressing in rounds. That is normally the case with the Italian national teams.

Rosay repped this.
  13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #188 Calcio Pauly, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    They're playing France, unless France throws the game to New Zealand, lol.

I understand why the defenders and keeper just passed it amongst themselves, they were through, I didn't get why Japan let it happen because they're not guaranteed to go through yet.

14. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, I didn't attempt to figure anything out by myself, but according to the Japanese broadcast Japan were guaranteed a place with 2-2 or higher draw before they even kicked off.
    So it was a kind of biscotto in the end. One team scoring would have meant that the other team possibly didn't advance, so I guess they had an understanding.

15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That would actually make more sense. The English broadcaster on the feed I watched was saying that Japan still had to wait for the result of another match.

16. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Calcio Pauly repped this.
  17. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't think Italy (or Japan for that matter) would have wanted to play France but at that point Italy would have had to score 2 more goals to finish 1st, if I'm correct. So Italy probably get France and Japan get Venezuela. Both those teams seem strong, but yeah its U-20 and anything can happen so you take your chances.

Btw Japan have come out a different team in the 2nd half each match so far. Probably should have gotten a result against Uruguay if not for a couple missed sitters. So I guess it is more about what they did than how Italy played, but that saying about 2 goal leads may also have something to do with it.

18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That generally goes without saying when it comes to English broadcasters, lol :)

Rosay repped this.
  19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol, this article is even weirder.
    http://app.football-italia.net/?ref...ough-japan-draw#article/footballitalia-103228

In the final couple of minutes, news filtered through that Uruguay and South Africa were drawing 0-0. At this point, it was calculated that a draw would send Japan through anyway as one of the best third-placed teams, so the Azzurri were allowed to simply pass it around without any opposition or pressing.

OK, because SA with their 0 points still had a chance to pass Japan's 4 points :ROFLMAO:

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The moral of the story? Never believe an English broadcaster!

Edit:
    I think Saudi has three though. Who cares anyway. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them pass it around and the Englishman cry about it. :D

21. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    yeah I meant SA as in South Africa.

22. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    it's about time Italy does a Biscotto after being ********ed over by one in euro 04

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pietro Pellegri, born March 17th, 2001just scored after 3 minutes in Roma-Genoa. How is he not in the Under 20 team at 16 years old?

Rosay repped this.
  24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  25. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    youngest boy to score in Serie A so far no? broke Moise Kean' s record