Azzurrini news

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by O'Ghiattone, Nov 17, 2015.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its not uncommon traditionally anyway that a C1 or Lega Pro team goes up directly to the Serie A. Therefore, what will happen if for example the B team wins both Lega Pro and Serie B in successive years? Will there be a Juventus , Milan or Roma A & B team both playing in Serie A?

2. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #52 Pietro Calcio, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    yes

No....from what I understood the Primavera will be abolished and the B teams can only play in Lega Pro with no promotion or relegation

1. Points earned by the B teams and by their adversaries hold the same value however, the B teams cannot be promoted or relegated at the end of the season.

Post edit....Also there is no more Prima Divisione ( old C1 ) or Seconda Divisione (old C2) in the Lega Pro anymore......they unified the Prima and Seconda into now just the unified Lega Pro...I got a little confused myself for a minute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_Lega_Pro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lega_Pro

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It will make no sense. If say five Serie A clubs (I.E. Milan, Juve, Inter , Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina) field their B teams, and each one of them comes in positions 1st through 5th in the league, then the mid or bottom of the table losing teams could and will be promoted to the higher tier. If that is the case, there may not be the same level of competition or motivation (to win a certain game) by those (non affiliated) teams.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    believe me it's not like this thought hasn't crossed my mind but at the same time these teams will be composed solely of teenagers so theoretically I think it would be very hard for all the B teams to place higher respectively to all the regular Lega Pro clubs that have a mix of youngsters and veterans with more experience

but I see your point.....why go for first or even second when a B team is occupying that/those spots and 3rd will do just fine....however like I said before it may not be that easy for the B squads

5. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @falvo

also remember that the B teams wouldn't all be playing the in the same group in Lega Pro...there is Group A ( North )
    Group B (North and Central) and Group C ( South )

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #56 falvo, May 1, 2016
    Ok I saw that it will be regional but how many Serie A & B clubs will field B teams? Will it only be the bigger clubs or will the up and down clubs like Palermo, Atalanta, Bari, Chievo , Cagliari and Verona also field such teams?

7. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #57 Pietro Calcio, May 1, 2016
    thats a good question because technically there are 42 teams total in the primavera from both Serie A and B....so which clubs get to have B teams in Lega Pro and which don't after la primavera is abolished?....obviously adding all 42 B teams to lega pro won't work

the only thing the article mentions specifically is participation of B teams from only Serie A in Lega Pro so maybe one of the conditions to participate in Lega Pro as a B side is that it's upper A team has to be playing in Serie A at the moment....and if not then no B team in Lega Pro....but as of now this is just all speculation?

but if that is the case then what happens to the lower primavera sides whose Serie B squads rarely make Serie A....do these players get absorbed somewhere else after the primavera is gone?

Reports out of Italy are that Serie A clubs could see the participation of their ‘B’ teams in Lega Pro, pending an approval from the Federal Council.
    One of the most talked about initiatives in Italian football may soon become a reality. As reported by Tuttosport, the FIGC could be ready to abolish the Primavera Championship and integrate the ‘B teams’ of all Serie A clubs in Lega Pro, early as September 2016.

The initiative, known as ”Project ‘B’ Teams”, was presented to FIGC’s President, Carlo Tavecchio and the Federal Council by Gabriele Gravina, current President of the Lega Pro. The reasoning behind the project is to combat the loss and marginalization of younger talents who are forced to go out on loan to other clubs where they often do not get the opportunity to truly play. At the moment, Juve, Roma and Napoli have all given their ‘Yes’ vote while Lazio President Claudio Lotito is against it.

Below are the main elements of the project:

1. Participation of the B teams of Serie A clubs in Lega Pro
    2. Points earned by the B teams and by their adversaries hold the same value however, the B teams cannot be promoted or relegated at the end of the season.
    3. Player list of the B teams have to be communicated to the Lega Pro at the end of the summer and winter transfer windows
    4. If the player lists of the B teams are insufficient, they will be completed with players from the youth sector
    5. Primavera Championship will come to an end
    6. Must comply with all the rules of Lega Pro
    7. Registration: Clubs with the intention of registering their B teams in the Lega Pro season, must pay the fee to the same Lega
    8. Foreigners: Yes to EU players however non-EU players will not be allowed to play in Lega Pro
    The Federal Council will review the presented project on Tuesday, April 26th and should they approve it, the B teams could begin play in Lega Pro either in the 2016/2017 season or the 2017/2018 season.

This could be a groundbreaking move for Italian football as they will be following in the footsteps of Spain and Germany, whose B teams compete in the lower leagues of their respective systems.

falvo repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess in the end most young players ultimate goal would or should be to want to play hard to impress their senior "A team" or parent club to land a contract or even be sold to some other club. Therefore, that could be enough incentive to want to compete hard in the league. I'd still want to play and win a trophy and get promoted but that is just my opinion....

9. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Under 19 european championship begins on Monday for Italy against Germany.

PORTIERI
    Meret (Udinese Calcio), Zaccagno (FC Pro Vercelli 1892)

DIFENSORI
    Coppolaro (Udinese Calcio), Dimarco (Empoli FC), Pezzella (US Città di Palermo), Romagna (Juventus FC), Vitturini (Delfino Pescara 1936)

CENTROCAMPISTI
    Barella (Cagliari Calcio), Cassata (Juventus FC), Edera (Torino FC), Ghiglione (SPAL 2013), Locatelli (AC Milan), Picchi (Empoli FC), Pontisso (SPAL 2013)

ATTACCANTI
    Cutrone (AC Milan), Favilli (AS Livorno Calcio), Minelli (ACF Fiorentina), Panico (AC Cesena)

Rob_420 repped this.
  10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Talk about Northern bias.

Rosay and O'Ghiattone repped this.
  11. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Keep an eye on the ones I bolded. Huge talents.

Rosay, krado33 and O'Ghiattone repped this.
  12. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i've been watching this team since the start of qualification, been impressed with Dimarco since under 17 tournament when we lost the final to Russia.

13. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I genuinely expect Locatelli to have no troubles threading passes through U-19 defences lol.

Rosay repped this.
  14. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no he shouldnt, this group is one the strongest in europe over the last year but it all depends on the manager keeping with 4-4-2 if the other teams play with more bodies in midfield to combat us.

Baggionero repped this.
  15. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Still 0-0 but getting dominated by Germany

16. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1-0 Italy on a PK

17. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Great win by this young team. 1-0 over Germany at their place is never easy no matter what level. I read Germany dominated stretches of the match but a lot of empty effort. Apparently Meret was outstanding which is good to see for the future of our portieri.

18. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah great win, while germany had more of the ball and chances, we defended well and were solid. Meret was outstanding. Romagna was a rock and Dimarco finished the penalty perfectly.

19. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kinda sad the other two group games for Italy don't appear to be televised. I guess Eurosport only does select games.

Good win tho.

20. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Honestly, it's quite surprising that Italy would get dominated chances wise. I follow both German and Italian talents and there's not really any discrepancy in talent. In fact, at this level, I don't think Germany has anyone on the level of Romagna, Kean or Locatelli.

21. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Germany was at home so maybe they were pumped more? Who knows.

22. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just weird to me. Back in 2013, an arguably weaker team (minus Verratti) wasn't even dominated by a Spain team that had Morata, Isco and Thiago.

23. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    The U-19 and U-21 levels are hard to figure. I've seen Azzurrini teams destroy other sides and yet none of the players ever amounted to much of anything. Play can be very inconsistent at that age. The important thing is that the talent is there.

Let's give them some credit...they won...so they clearly organized themselves well.

24. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There's lots of talent deep within Italy. I'd say even as much as Spain and Germany. The policies have to change and then we will see another golden generation. Agreed on the organization part.

forza_azzurri, Rosay and calabrese8 repped this.
  25. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i can tell why conte brought alex meret in june now

Rosay repped this.