Azzurrini news

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by O'Ghiattone, Nov 17, 2015.

1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know you will appreciate this Falvo.... i want players that will gett'u sangue for the shirt

falvo repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We definitely need more Calabresi on club Italia! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Stamos, TorontoCalabria and calabrese8 repped this.
  3. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    U-20 WC draw today at 1730 in Italy.

4. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In Group B with Mexico, Ecudaror (SA U-20 champs) and Japan: it could not be much more difficult.

totti fan repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tough group for Italy. Hope they get out of the group.

[​IMG]

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Milan pair in U21 squad
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sandro Tonali, Alex Meret, Davide Calabria and Patrick Cutrone join new boy Luiz Felipe in Italy’s Under-21 squad for games against Austria and Croatia.

Tonali and Meret trained with Italy last month but stick with the Azzurrini ahead of this summer’s European Under-21 Championship, as do Calabria and Cutrone.

Defender Luiz Felipe, meanwhile, switches allegiance from Brazil to Italy after a breakthrough season with Lazio, while Cittadella striker Gabriele Moncini is the other new face.

Luigi Di Biagio’s side host Austria in Trieste on March 21, before taking on Croatia in Frosinone four days later.

Italy Under-21 squad for Austria and Croatia
    Goalkeepers: Emil Audero (Sampdoria), Alex Meret (Napoli), Simone Scuffet (Kasimpasa)

Defenders: Claud Adjapong (Sassuolo), Alessandro Bastoni (Parma), Kevin Bonifazi (Spal), Arturo Calabresi (Bologna), Davide Calabria (Milan), Federico Dimarco (Parma), Sebastiano Luperto (Napoli), Giuseppe Pezzella (Genoa), Luiz Felipe (Lazio), Filippo Romagna (Cagliari)

Midfielders: Francesco Cassata (Frosinone), Fabio Depaoli (Chievo Verona), Manuel Locatelli (Sassuolo), Rolando Mandragora (Udinese), Alessandro Murgia (Spal), Sandro Tonali (Brescia), Luca Valzania (Frosinone)

Forwards: Federico Bonazzoli (Padova), Patrick Cutrone (Milan), Gabriele Moncini (Cittadella), Riccardo Orsolini (Bologna), Vittorio Parigini (Torino), Andrea Pinamonti (Frosinone)

Calcio Pauly and Rosay repped this.
  7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another figura di merda for the FIGC and the national team

---------------------------------

'Italy surprised with Luiz Felipe'
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Luigi Di Biagio admits he is ‘surprised’ by Luiz Felipe pulling out of the Italy Under-21 squad but ‘respects’ the decision taken by the Lazio defender.

Luiz Felipe was summoned for Italy U21’s upcoming friendlies against Austria and Croatia, but the 21-year-old declined the call-up, instead pledging his international allegiance to Brazil.

“The lad had a change of heart, he feels more Brazilian than Italian,” Di Biagio said at a Press conference.

“It’s a decision we have to respect and we’ve taken note of it. He didn’t refuse the call-up. He showed up and expressed his state of mind.

“It surprised us and I’m disappointed because I wanted to see if he could’ve been a useful player for us, but his decision must be respected.

“Players need to be 100 percent convinced to join up with the national team. If not then it’s right to make these decisions.”

Italy CT Roberto Mancini selected several Under-21 regulars in his latest squad, including Nicolo Zaniolo and Moise Kean, so what does the Azzurrini boss make of it all?

“The senior squad takes priority,” he replied.

“I talk to Mancini every day. In June I’ll pick the best team I can take to the European Championship.

“It’s still too early to know who will be part of the group. The priority is to give players to senior squad.

“In June I’ll have all the players who I can call up because we mustn’t forget that the national team will have two crucial games for the 2020 European Championship in June.

“I’ll look over everything with Mancini. There are 15-16 players in my head, who will certainly be part of the group.

“After that, there are 10-12 players playing for 6-7 places. Right now, I have to work with my second choices.”

8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    good.. the less of these we have the better off we are.

I want italians

Stamos, Rosay and indestructible repped this.
  9. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    I wonder if Di Bagio will select Barella, Chiesa, Pellegrini, Donnarumma, Zaniolo and Kean for his final squad if they are playing qualifiers for Italy in June. This tournament is in Italy and he must must win at all costs, he has to select the best possible team. This is tricky because Italy play Greece and Bosina in June the 2nd,3rd hardest teams in the group.

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All those guys will be there

Rosay repped this.
  11. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gravina said a while ago that the priority in June will be the under 21 championship, not the eurocup qualifiers.

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    didnt watch the game but Orsolini looked like he orchestrated a few chances.

i'd throw Bonazzoli into the bad category as well just for that point blank miss.

14. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched it and they were mediocre.

15. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They don't got much more time before the U21 Championships.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a feeling they could very will pick some of the senior team players for the U21 Championships and maybe the Olympics as well.

The 19 year olds, Moise Kean and Nicolò Zaniolo , 20 year old Gianluigi Donnarumma and 22 year old Nicolò Barella are all still eligible for the U21's & U23's....

17. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All should play in the under 21 championship in June except for Donnarumma because he played in the last edition two years ago.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If they make the Olympics, I can see them picking Donnarumma. Then again, he hasn't been used on the U21's in a while.

19. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think so because - all being well - he will play at euro2020 and no player will play in both competitions.

Goalkeeper is a position where we have an abundance of talent.

20. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    saw the highlights to the Croatia game. looks like italy had the better of the chances
    a midfield of Mandragora, Locatelli, Orsolini, and Tonali me like

totti fan repped this.
  21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #346 Calcio Pauly, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    @1:20 look at the poise and one touch of Tonali. Cutrone needed to bury that. They literally blew 3 or 4 gimme's, and when that happens there's always a goal that come against the run of play. Croatia's 2nd goal was on a hand ball play.

Stamos repped this.
  22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another draw for The azzurri at home. Even if Italy will have Kean, Zaniolo, Barella, Chiesa this summer, I have no confidence in Di Biagio. The guy can ******** up a cup of coffee

cipro and calabrese8 repped this.
  23. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For as good as they were in the first half, the second half was equally awful lol

24. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i fully agree.. no clue how this donkey still has his job.

25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't want to speak because there's no chance he'll be replaced before June. Just need to hope the players step up.

indestructible repped this.