AZZURRI vs Brazil Friendly (Feb 10th, 2009) [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by DIECI, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can someone make GIF video of Grosso's beautiful goal??

im so pissed it didnt count

2. Romanista_NYC

Romanista_NYC Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Basel, Switzerland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good luck to your team. I like Ireland and I hope you make it to the WC with us.

3. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOXw1apl2k8&feature=channel"]YouTube - International Friendly Match:Brazil 2-0 Italy 10-02-09 [Full Match] (Pt-6)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5zZzRhAKAU&feature=channel"]YouTube - International Friendly Match:Brazil 2-0 Italy 10-02-09 [Full Match] (Pt-7)[/ame]

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1gaw8151ZQ&feature=channel"]YouTube - International Friendly Match:Brazil 2-0 Italy 10-02-09 [Full Match] (Pt-8)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppRPQZliENo&feature=channel"]YouTube - International Friendly Match:Brazil 2-0 Italy 10-02-09 [Full Match] (Pt-9)[/ame]

5. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blasphemy!

6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Not sure how long these will be up.......but here is the last one ...10/10

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz1QB69GPYo&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Internation Friendly Match:Brazil 2-0 Italy 10-02-09 [Full Match] (Pt-10)[/ame]

7. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
  8. azzurri06

azzurri06 Member

Apr 4, 2007
    san francisco
    -----------------Rossi-------------------
    ---------------Cassano----------------
    Zambro---DeRossi---Aquil---Camo
    --------------------Pirlo----------------------
    Chellini----------Cana--------Criscito
    -------------------Buffon-------------------

Many people have made good points about Grosso and Zambro playing great going foward (which they have and always seem to do con la Nazionale) but being shaky at times defending (which is suppose to be their PRIMARY role right?). But with a 3-5-2 which would really play more like a 3-1-4-1-1 it would allow us to have 3 "hard up" defenders and allow our hybrid defenders (players like Grosso and Zambro) a little more back up when they get caught going foward.This would allow us to really utilize their natural winger capabilities and not expose us so much when they are pushed all the way down the field. Yet they will still provide us with needed help in the back field. And IMHO Camo has speed and a fighting spirit when he plays, and I think that his feistiness makes him decent and defense.

Also with this lineup, I think the Pirlo/De Rossi issue might not be such a problem, and it would allow center of the field to be dominated by us in attack and defense by using the 2 way versatility of Aquilani and De Rossi. Gattuso would also sub well in the center to break up play and to protect his boy Andrea and protect a lead if we were up a couple goals.
    And there would be great creativity on both sides of the field with Cassano and Pirlo both on the pitch. Rossi and Cassano could play staggered with Rossi a little farther up, or if someone like Toni was in, he could play all the way up and let Cassano/Giovinco sit behind them.
    I think this lineup is a good blend of experience and youth as well.
    I don't believe that Criscito plays on the right, but who would slot well in this system as a no-nonsense right back? I was drawing a blank, but I hope that there is someone I am forgetting.

Please no more Perotta, Inzaghi, Gila, Quagliarella, DP, Oddo, Pepe, Ambro

9. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I would love to see those players playing as wing/backs as opposed to traditional right/left backs. Don't think it would happen anytime soon, but it's ok to dream. The only thing I would suggest is that Grosso/Zambrotta hang back a bit more than in your line and that way they may not have all the responsibilities of a full back but can still break up counter attacks down the wing.

Just a few points, from my point of view:

- Cristico is still to inexperienced to play the type of roll your suggesting here.
    - It would be a waste having Rossi leading the front line where his responsibilities are to just hold up the ball. I think he is going to become our key creative forward. If someone is going to hold up the ball, it has to be Luca Toni. I know everyone is on his back at the moment because of his terrible finishing, but hey, he is really the only realistic option to lead the attacking line atm.

-------------------------Luca Toni
    ---------------Rossi
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ---------De Rossi--------Montolivio/Aqualini/Cammorensi
    -------------------Pirlo
    Zambrotta---------------------------Grosso
    ---------Chellini----Cana-----Lergro
    -------------------Buffon-------------------

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just curious, anyone know how many fans attended this match?

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Quagliarella!?!?
    What has he ever done wrong in the few chances he's had?

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [​IMG]

13. tdrazz

tdrazz Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Over 65,000 fans...

14. azzurri06

azzurri06 Member

Apr 4, 2007
    san francisco
    He is a decent player who seems to score some wonder goals from time to time, but I would prefer someone consistent who is always putting them in and contributing. I really feel that he is a talented player, but he is not NT material, especially considering our other options. For me he is like Rosina.... good speed, technical skills, and some flashy play, but too inconsistent. I would take Miccoli over Quagliarella any day of the week. With the NT he has had some chances to prove himself, but for me even with his club play he does not prove he should ever break our XI or hardly warrant a call up at all.

15. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Miccoli will not be called by Lippi, he tesitfied against Moggi....

Lippi's Don't call list.

1) Panucci
    2) Ambro
    3) Cassano
    4) Miccoli

16. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Consistent goal scoring? You do realize we're talking about the ITALIAN NT here, right? :rolleyes:

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Grazie!

18. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Going into World Cup 2010, Lippi really has to notice the age of the team. The average age will be like 35, and it's almost a year since he has been coach, and what has changed? Theres a year and a bit left over until World Cup 2010, is that enough time to build a team?

Cannavaro, Pirlo, Zambrotta, Toni etc. all need to have a vice. Because they will all be older and if they are key for us and they get injured, we will be like we were in the Euro without Cannavaro. We need to start integrating, and slowly reducing the importance of older players.

This isn't the formation we should play, I just wanted to put out the players.
    ----------------------Buffon------------------
    ---Zambrotta---Chiellini---Young CB---Motta---
    ---------De Rossi------Cigarini-----Aquilani----------
    ----------Rossi----------------------Cassano-----------
    -----------------------Pazzini-----------------------

Relax, I know Lippi hates Cassano, and that Cigarini still has a way to come.
    But lets be serious, Rossi is the future of the National team. Pazzini looks to be doing well so far with Sampdoria as long as he is getting time and is having good service by Cassano. So I'm sure with a bit more time Cassano can link up better with Pazzini, and Rossi on the National team as well. They can form a great team. If Giovinco can find a team that will play him next year, I'm sure he can make the team. Aquafresca can battle it out with Pazzini for a role, he is developing.

Midfield, De Rossi is the player we need. If Aquilani can stay healthy he can do nice things with De Rossi. Cigarini still needs to develop but who knows what he can do in a year, if Pirlo's performance continues to drop, it is possible.

In defense, we definately need youngsters. Motta looked good last week with Roma if he continues, he will develop into a great player. We need to find a CB though.

I just rushed through this quickly.

19. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    He's doing just superbly at Atalanta. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he get a senior call-up at some point before the World Cup (maybe even Confederations Cup if he ends the season nicely), but replace Pirlo? It is a better bet that Lippi will just wait for Pirlo to snap out of his funk and I can't say I'd entirely blame him. BTW, I was just rewatching Italy vs. Germany 2006 (a good way to beat off the Azzurri blues) and I must say that I would kill to have Totti play again for the NT. Even with an amputated leg, Totti would galvanize any attack despite not being a spring chicken himself.

20. Azzuri Smeghead

Azzuri Smeghead New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ----------------------Buffon------------------
    ---Zambrotta---Chiellini---Young CB---De Ceglie/Motta---
    ---------De Rossi------Cigarini-----Aquilani----------
    ----------Rossi----------------------Giovinco/Cassano-----------
    --------------------Borriello/Pazzini--------------

I think Lippi needs to start bringing in some youngsters cos as someone said if the older team gets injured then were fooked.

I just wish Balotelli had some more xp under his belt and was a little older as hed be perfect for the CF role.

21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what are ur thoughts on the rematch in June????

Can Italy beat them this time?
    although it was unfortunate they didnt count Grosso's beautiful goal...the game would've been ALOT different if that counted.

22. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    nope

23. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not with that stupid lineup that Lippi chose...

24. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL. No seriously I doubt Lippi will even bring the A-team to Confederations Cup, which might be a good thing.

25. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Then we just might win.