Aztex Fans US - Mexico Viewing

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by VioletCrown, Jan 30, 2008.

1. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Aztex Fans. I've been thinking that we should have our first meet-up in one week by gathering to watch the US beat Mexico again, 2-0.

We can discuss plans for a Supporters Group (name, secret handshake, where to purchase enemy mascots for grilling, etc.) and put faces and birthnames with Secret Big Soccer handles.

I was thinking Mother Egan's (because they have the Fox Soccer Channel, and therefore would be a good regular place to go on Friday nights to get familiar with our '09 competitors) and were good hosts for the half dozen of us that barged in at the last minute for US - Sweden a couple weeks ago.

But Fado's has been suggested as a better choice by others. It's been a while since I've been in there for a game, so I don't know what it's like for US games.

So, here's a thread to express your opinion, since we don't yet have a forum of our own.

2. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're both good. I may like the food better at ME's, but Fado is within walking distance from work. I'll go with the majority.

3. LiveattheOasis

LiveattheOasis New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Austin
    I am a Fado's fan, but I'll go anywhere to begin the formation of the Aztex Warriors

4. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like the game's at 8:00 PM. I don't have any preference between Fado's or Mother Egan's; I plan to come wherever it is.

I also wondered if anyone minds if I mention this meetup on my blog (http://aztexan.net)? There's probably nobody else that's seen the blog yet except you guys ;), but I don't want to horn in on the event next Wednesday if it's really more of a get-together for BigSoccer folks...

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind. The more the merrier! Publicize away!

6. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, for 8pm, I'd probably prefer Mother Egan's because I think parking would be a little easier for people. Of course, it's a Wednesday night, so it might not matter.

7. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. But let us know ASAP on where is going to be at.

8. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I was going to wait until Monday to make a decision, to give other folks a chance to express an opinion. Is that OK?

9. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem my friend.

10. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. It's Monday. I hereby declare our meeting place to be Mother Egan's. I double checked with them, and any music they have will be outside, so we're in the clear.

See y'all Wednesday night!

I'm planning on being there as early as 7 to get dinner. The food I had there last time was pretty good.