AZ Alkmaar--this is our year [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by CANADA-AZ, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Utrecht really suprised me, they could and should have won.

2. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Boy--they really stunk up the place yesterday--that was awful

they get one right off the bat--we were asleep

the field was pretty bad but AZ lost every battle--Romero stops a PK to keep it 1-0

they get another right off the 2nd half--we were asleep

then we get a phantom PK and Jonathas gives it a lousy effort and misses

we keep sinking--worst effort of the year--they were were better

3. --worst effort of the year--

Well, than it only can get better:)

They still are trying to find the right chemistry, as the team hasnot been in a stable line up yet.

4. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Klavan and Moisander have not progressed are not good enough--we need Paulsen to take one of these guys out and play someone from the bench for the other

Moreno only shows up about half the time--he can go if he wants

Schaars and Elm cannot do it all--they are the best we have--Wernbloom will get there

Up front its wait for Jonathas for this year---or get someone else in there because all the other Scandanavian white guys they have now are either too young or too far from the big time

--Holman may have got a great goal in the WC but he misses far too many chances and at 26 should be there by now--but is not

if you cannot get a lead in this game then winning becomes very tough--and with a pop-gun offence getting a lead does not happen--we have scored the least goals so far and that is not a formula for success

5. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Does anyone knowmwhat happened to Benschopp??

They never mention him anymore on any broadcast of AZ

I never thought it would happen but I think Pelle is becoming a player--he's the best we have going forward at striker--still a year away but at least there is some hope

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    charlison was injured for a while and not deemed ready yet according to verbeek, but there was some controversy surrounding his transfer so that may have something to do with it as well.

7. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Did anyone see how we gave up the tieing goal against Vitesse--yesterday??

Very typical of the way things are going--but that was a classic

-we could be 3rd right now without much trouble but we don't put people away because at best we get 1 goal

--then get scored on late on shite goals

8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    i think their new trainer gave them a new sense of believe or it was just that az underrated their opponent.

was a fan of jonathas before his goal drought, perhaps wise for verbeek to start pelle from now on.

az alkmaar have taken over a lot of the talented youth players from haarlem (most of them ex ajax academy), i hope we see some of them making their debut for az next season.

9. Careful what you wish for as Pellé is bound for a hattrick and that with scouts of the top five EPL in the stands who come look at The Stek and Romero. Especially Arsenal was stupid not to buy Stek this summer.

10. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Memo to Verbeek

Pelle stays as striker until we lose--he gets a lot of attention

-he makes openings for others that Jonathas and Falkenberg never did

Now this time listen to me

11. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    having only seen last week's match vs Ajax and then todays match, I don't have much to go by but what things have been implemented to lead to this good run of play.

they had seem somewhat out of it from an outsider's view since they won the league that season.

12. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    The Twente game should have been a disaster--then Douglas gets stupid and we take over---chances are Martins misses anyways---up to that point it was tough to take--exact opposite of the Ajax game where we weredoing the attacking

They are good enough that if they play 11 to 10 for an hour they will score--very young bunch

Great to see Benschop get in--Pelle should stay as the striker--Holman is useful but misses too many chances---if they ever get the scoring part going we will be fine--they simply do not score enough and this is the toughest part to get

if you had said 2 weeks ago we would get 6 points from the last 2 games no one would have believed it

now we have a legitimate shot at 2nd--CL qualifier spot

possibly lose Schaars, Pelle and Romero at Xmas--which would change things again

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    AZ-sensation, Adam Maher, is now the youngest player ever to score for a Dutch club in European competition, after yesterday broke a record previously held by Van der Vaart.

What's the scouting news on this kid? More importantly, what country do you think he will represent?

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    depends if he's good enough to make the oranje squad, if he's someone like el hamdaoui; good, but not great considering the amount of talent for his position.. he won't make it.

if he's another afellay he's bound to choose for oranje. maher was born in amsterdam, shame ajax didn't scout him when he was at zeeburgia.

maher is a regular in the oranje youth squads, while another az player ali messaoud for instance has already chosen for morocco.

15. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Anyone heard any hard news about additions--deletions to AZ

so far the rumours are:

Moreno to Bayern--probably in the summer

Pelle to Fiorentina--?

Johnathon--never coming back--he decided he wants a bigger team or something

anyone have anything close to factual

16. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    5 goals!!!!!!

5 goals-who was the last guy--Alves for Heerenveen?

and it was no where on the internet so did not see until the sammenvetting last evening

I did see how PSV had the ref in their pocket and how Willem II got shafted

17. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    does anyone have agood link to football in Holland--

-Rojadirect has just disappeared in Canada

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Domain name was seized in the US for copyright violations, looks like we are out of luck here.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  20. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    well done I have Ajax--unfortunately it looks like my heroes are not on tomorrow

21. AZ had, due to injuries, only left footed defenders available. It seems that during the match Poulsen was tricked and overtaken constantly along his right leg by Dudzy, so he asked him if he for once wanted to take on him on his strong left leg. Dudzak did and scored a screamer of a goal:p:D

22. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    How has Esteban Alvarado performed so far in his first 2 official matches with AZ? I saw the highlights against PSV and he looked good...but i would like ot know from the Dutch fans.

23. He did well, although you wouldnot think so after 4 goals netted against PSV. He has very good reflexes too.

24. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Does anyone have a stream for the Eredivisie that works in Canada

the one up that ORANGE 14 GAVE ME ----HAS DISSAPPEARED

it would have been fun to see us march to victory again today against that toady Twente bunch

as it stands now I cannot see any games

I will be in Alkmaar to see them against NAC on April-10 but right now all I see is the sammenvetting on the AZ site a day after the games

any links are appreciated

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What is happening is links to "pirate" streams are being blocked because of copyright violations. This is what happened today.