AZ Alkmaar season 15/16

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by +PL+, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Throwing morals aside and just focussing on the facts-
    AZ saw that there are severe tensions between Israel and Iran. Iran does not recognize Israel as a state. AZ does not want Jahanbakhsh to come in a situation where he might possibly not be able to represent his country anymore as a result. So Jahanbakhsh was not selected for the squad against tel Aviv both home and away.

+PL+ repped this.
  2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    JB's half assist vs Heerenveen.

[​IMG]

3. I donot think a Dutch sports team should bow to the wishes of a foreign country that goes against our morals. AZ should have selected him, but leave the choice with him to go or not, as he's the one caught in the middle.

4. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Well the choice was obviously his as to go or not. AZ didnt bow down to Iran, Jahanbakhsh did, AZ then just did whats best for their player considering the situation. Seems pretty reasonable. The alternative of AZ selecting him and Jahanbakhsh refusing to do his job would benefit nobody.

5. I like things to be very clear, so AZ should have selected him and also made it clear, given the circumstances, that it wouldnot consider Jahanbakhsh a work refuser if he chose not to go. An employee has the right to refuse a task, if that would cause him unreasonable damage.

6. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Give him a dutch passport and he will be OK to travel to Israel. It is just one single country out of 200 that this guy can not go to. (such a big deal!? for some concern citizens :rolleyes:)

7. If I'm correct he does have a Dutch passport. The problem is the danger (If I am correct) that he will not be able to travel to family in Iran if he did go with AZ to Israel. Family is important!

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't know if it is still practice, but Israel use to not stamp the passport if the person was going travel to a country that did not recognize Israel.

+PL+ repped this.
  9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    AZ has officially turned to garbage.

10. From the about only club that hoarded UEFA coefficient points for us to this season's joke one wonders what went wrong, what's different....Oh dear...since there are no Yanks anymore AZ went into a nose dive.
    Send in some Yanks to save AZ:cry:

11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We cannot help AZ now. You should rely on local Dutch players and specifically work on defensive tactics.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is going well for you guys........LOL

13. So it is up to Ron Beton to make 020 cry again. Go Ron, go. You can do it and Jahanbahks, score a hattrick!

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yahanbakhsh scored another goal for his team vs Almelo. In past 4 matches he has scored 2 goals and assisted 2 more. Not bad if he can keep it up. Az needs as many goals and assists as he can give them.

His goal vs Roda
    [​IMG]

His goal vs Almelo
    [​IMG]

So far 8 goals 8 assists in 26 matches.

15. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As much as I know there is no substantial danger for him or any Iranian traveling to Israel. They will fine him or interrogate him. Worst case scenario will be not inviting him to NT. I know many Iranian dual citizens who travel to Israel with their second passport but make sure they get the entrance and departure stamp on a separate piece of paper attached to their passport and no one can find out! JB going to Israel will be obvious since sport channels show EL and CL matches there.

16. The match of the season wil be the Cup Final in the "Kuip" against Vitesse.

17. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    JB gave it all this season with 21 goals and 12 assists. It was a good season for him and AZ Alkmaar. Good luck to all fans and those who followed him. He will be moving to a great club most likely before or right after the WC. His top interest come from Napoli in Serie A.